My first build, Off road Ebike!!

MX72

10 µW
Hey! I just completed my first Ebike build and wanted to share it with endless-sphere community. This site helped make it possible!

Specifications:
- 10AH Lipo @ 72 volts
- Magic Pie II Motor
- 12 FET Lyon controller set to about 50 amps
- 26" front, 24" rear wheel
- Rock Shox fork, Stratos rear air shock
- 60 pounds total weight
- About an hour of run time
- LED headlight
- Brakes modified, front and rear in one (only regen braking in rear)

It turned out great and only cost about $1300 total. I'm actually currently pitching the idea to local investors in hopes of producing a similar product, that would pretty much be a dream come true! But anyway... check it out

LQ1.jpg

LQ2.jpg

LQ4.jpg

Thanks!

I will get some video and post it soon.

Nope, no pedals. It has enough power to not need them. But now I realize that they would be helpful since the motor makes almost no power at very low speeds.

Here's a few more pics.

View attachment 4

LQ6.JPG

LQ brake.JPG

LQ7.jpg

LQ8.jpg

I noticed you have a IPhone case on your bike. Walmart has a phone holder that mounts to your bars. I use the speedbox app to tell speed and distance. Do you know if anyone makes a controller that can communicate with a smartphone. I mean wtf. You think somebody would have done this. Come on you guys. There's alot of great minds on this thing. If I had the means and know how I would make a App for that:) Sorry about the rant 8)

Bronko said:
I noticed you have a IPhone case on your bike. Walmart has a phone holder that mounts to your bars. I use the speedbox app to tell speed and distance. Do you know if anyone makes a controller that can communicate with a smartphone. I mean wtf. You think somebody would have done this. Come on you guys. There's alot of great minds on this thing. If I had the means and know how I would make a App for that:) Sorry about the rant 8)

I like it mounted there it keeps the bars from feeling cluttered up. I use a mountain biking app to show speed, distance, etc.. I plan on mounting speakers on there to play music and stuff. And I agree it would be great to be able to make it communicate with a smartphone. I'm thinking about trying to hook an arduino up to it and mess with it.

millzy555 said:
What speeds are you getting with 72v? Getting one of these (Magic Pie hub) sent to me now!

It cruises at about 40mph and thats with a 24 inch on the back. My top speed is 46 on a slight downhill. That feels pretty fast on a bike lol.

I noticed you have a IPhone case on your bike. Walmart has a phone holder that mounts to your bars. I use the speedbox app to tell speed and distance. Do you know if anyone makes a controller that can communicate with a smartphone. I mean wtf. You think somebody would have done this. Come on you guys. There's alot of great minds on this thing. If I had the means and know how I would make a App for that:) Sorry about the rant

Yep there's it's already been done. I forgot what it's called, but it I definitely saw one.

Hey that's good speed data on a 72V MagicPie at 24". How's acceleration?

Looks like you go offroad a bit but those knobby tyres would kill top speed on the flat I guess.

Back