HolyBike video

Nice video. The comments section feels like your in the bleachers section at a baseball game. Love it! Bask in it and soak it all in! :lol:

It actually calls it competing... why? That is the main argument people have against electric bikes, that it is cheating, rather than see it as a separate type of two-wheeled transport. The only thing I see it doing is possibly get older riders interested, and further building a wall up between young riders and electric bikes.

commented on pb.

nice video although I would rather have seen more off-road and less "beating" pedal bikers.

Thanks for posting it

"Defeat", "Rival" ,"Victory"

If that is not talking about competition I am definitely missing something.

Nah I wasn't taking it seriously, but look at the reaction it caused in the comments. It is not helping convince any of the pink bike crowd to give an ebike a go. Just the opposite. It could have been a really cool video that convinced people to give it a go. Ah well.

the real moral of the story? women be spiteful bitches... :lol:

seriosly though, nicely made video. I'd have liked more actual footage of the rider just riding though.

You know, the more the professionally built bikes come down in price and up in performance they will get more popular. Imagine a Bomber that you could buy for $3K ...... the would sell by the thousands....

Price is not the biggest issue here. Social acceptance is. Ebikes are perceived for the weak and no one wants to look that way. I'm very sceptical about high power ebikes ever gaining popularity. By high power I mean 1500~2000W and higher. When rider's input becomes less noticeable pedals become redundant. Plus range suffers or the weight increases. What no one commented on PB about is how badly ebikes handle DH, comp to proper DH bikes of course.

Who would bother with pedals on this forum if it wasn't for legal issues?

So, in my opinion there will be light mid-power off road ebikes and more powerfull e-motos in the future. Not to mention commuters, that's a separate topic.

Whiplash said:
You know, the more the professionally built bikes come down in price and up in performance they will get more popular. Imagine a Bomber that you could buy for $3K ...... the would sell by the thousands....

Components on the Bomber alone have got to be more than $3k.

skyungjae said:
Whiplash said:

Components on the Bomber alone have got to be more than $3k.

easily. a top end dh frame can retail for more than that on its own, and these are all made in australia, with a lifetime warranty. how many dh frames do you know of offering that? add in the rest of the stuff and I'd be amazed if it ever got near 5k, even if batteries become $1 per kwh.

full-throttle said:
Price is not the biggest issue here. Social acceptance is. Ebikes are perceived for the weak and no one wants to look that way. I'm very sceptical about high power ebikes ever gaining popularity. By high power I mean 1500~2000W and higher. When rider's input becomes less noticeable pedals become redundant. Plus range suffers or the weight increases. What no one commented on PB about is how badly ebikes handle DH, comp to proper DH bikes of course.

So, in my opinion there will be light mid-power off road ebikes and more powerfull e-motos in the future. Not to mention commuters, that's a separate topic.

I would... simply for the range, the fitness, and the redundancy. I usually only use about 300-1000w on my bike... so my 50-200w input isn't completely insignificant, just significantly insignificant :p . If batteries become more energy dense (like 3 or 4 times current levels) that may all change though.

I was referring to high power setups :wink:

..also, like with everything else, it's never black and white. So there will be some odd examples. Bell curve distribution.

full-throttle said:

I agree mostly and I was just saying about the bomber, I know it'll never get that cheap. I DO however feel a proper 2000 wattish mid drive bike with enough range to do at least 20 miles off road climbing etc would be a big seller at that price point if marketed properly. I also feel a bike like that can be made light enough to be considered an actual bicycle since most big downhill bikes are almost 40# and one could at least get close to their performance for that price point. Its not that it can't be done cheaper, they simply charge a HUGE amount for what is very cheap to produce save for a few fancy rigs...

Hah! Very nice! It's so funny to see the comments. So disruptive. Poor fragile minded cyclists can't even understand...:)

Heh cool vid. But that Mario guy, what an asshole :lol:
Either he's a very good rider from way back or he has a stunt double. E-power aside he didnt ride like an old man.

Hyena said:
Heh cool vid. But that Mario guy, what an asshole :lol:
Either he's a very good rider from way back or he has a stunt double. E-power aside he didnt ride like an old man.

I'm pretty sure his physique changed after they did the first cut away after he put the helmet on. :lol:

Back