xadmx frame project

xadmx

1 kW
hi all i thought i would post up my project, only just started it so its more of a prototype at the moment :D i hope to make it out of aluminum in the end.
but it is light for what it is at the moment. still loads to do and i have to make the swing arm.
my plans are 1000w hub motor, 6 lipo packs and controller in the frame. the frame is for 24in wheels that will have 24x3 tyres when its done.
adam

IMG_0355_zps370feec2.jpg

Xadmx

You da man. Great work!!

Love to see new frames as that is what this hobby needs.

Also credit to you for making it happen. Rather see something get done in real life (even if its in cardboard) than go through pages of a thread of super fancy theories and cad drawings where nothing gets done. I had a good feeling that you were onto something from your first post in the technical section.

Keep up the great work.

thanks guys for your comments, should have some more pics later today.
adam

done a bit more today
welded the bottom bracket on and welded the box up, still have a lot of cleaning up to do on it, tomorrow i will make the swing arm but i need to order a bush for it. i have some carbon sheet to cover the side panels when its done.

adam
unknown_name1_zps4d7df092.jpg

unknown_name2_zps3eebd901.jpg

had some bits turn up today in the post aswell.

2 new inner tubes, still waiting for the new tyres to turn up.
IMG_0359_zps686d9cbb.jpg

new pedals
IMG_0358_zpsfa6b8a16.jpg

new grips, because this i will be using a single front sprocket and quick fire gear changer for the rear.
IMG_0357_zps5bd577ad.jpg

found a chain when i was being dragged around shopping with the gf, the bottom one was off the bay and it is really crap lol think it was 3 quid. but the top one was 4 quid and looks a lot better.
IMG_0360_zps814f1cec.jpg

sanford said:
Looking Good!

thanks stan, i have ordered the rear shock for it now. so when it comes i am going to take it down the local trail with the normal wheels on and see how it holds out , theres a nice jump you can get a good 2 meter in the air :D
adam

great looking frame! can't wait to see the bike in action. i never thought about this until looking at your last picture...but could a full suspension be ridden as a hard tail by using a brace instead of the shock? or would it depend on the bike/frame? i guess its possible that because the rear suspension is meant to move, using it as a hard tail would result in some added forces that the frame wasn't intended for...maybe for on-road it would be alright but off-road might be pushing it.

jansevr said:
great looking frame! can't wait to see the bike in action. i never thought about this until looking at your last picture...but could a full suspension be ridden as a hard tail by using a brace instead of the shock? or would it depend on the bike/frame? i guess its possible that because the rear suspension is meant to move, using it as a hard tail would result in some added forces that the frame wasn't intended for...maybe for on-road it would be alright but off-road might be pushing it.

technically YES, i used to build vintage 2 stroke mopeds, and would replace the 2 rear shocks for a shorter solid piece of metal to get it closer to the ground for a full tuck.

1294938426_puch_maxi_dutch_racers.jpg

see the right one.

o00scorpion00o said:
xadmx,

What's your location ?

Do you plan to sell these frames ?

Price estimate ?

hi i am from the uk

hi i never intended to sell them i was only making it for myself, but i am having some laser cut next week after i have sorted out a few things and drawed it up again in cad. it was just ascheap to have a couple then a one off.

so i would sell the left over ones i have after i have done mine. remember this is for 24in wheels. and the frame is only 65mm wide so i could fit 6 lipo batterys and the controller, i wanted to keep it small so it still felt like a mountian bike. and i have used a bmx crank and headset, but the ones i am ordering are going to have a mountain bike bottom bracket and push in headset cups.

but i am planning to make a 26in next, the only reason i have made a 24in is because my son had a bike he was not using so i had it off him lol.
(but i will not sell them until i have tested them) and made sure it is safe. i have already test loaded the frame and it seems ok but i still have to test if the swing arm is up to it, and all the brackets. i no it will be but i still want to test it to make sure. my main goal was to do one in alloy but this frame is quiet light so i might not bother.
adam

Hi Adam,

That's a shame, if it turns out ok, you should consider selling a few.

How much 6S LiPo do you think would fit in ?

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Mark

o00scorpion00o said:
Hi Adam,

That's a shame, if it turns out ok, you should consider selling a few.

How much 6S LiPo do you think would fit in ?

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Mark

i meant 6 batterys 150 x 50 x 50mm each.
adam

i went around to a friends house tonight to have a chat and come back with this lot for 30 quid.
4 shimano 26in wheels 2 pairs with 9 speed cassette and discs brakes on the front, so i can use the front wheels and relace the rears onto the hub motor. i got a seat aswell as mine was a little tatty. plus i got some triple clamp forks 26in there only cheap ones but it allows me to set up the bike for 26in wheels.

IMG_0368_zpsb964b6a4.jpg

put the forks and wheels on just to get a feeling of what it was going to look like, there are no bearing in the headset and no bush in the swingarm for the pic so it might be a bit off. since the pic i have put the seat on and pedals and it does feel nice to sit on.

IMG_0317_zps48df8cfd.jpg

i was going to use carbon for the covers but i didn't have enough and the price to buy more is stupid,so i had the plastic panels come in the post this morning.cut them out but still need a bit of fine tuning. all i have to do now is make a start and get everything painted.

don't no why but i have to right click and view image to see the full size.

f4a459bd-6bdb-45b3-b711-084e13529cb8_zps12436c02.jpg

Looks great!
When you get chance would you take a photo with one of the Lipo batteries in the frame? Be good to show the frame width and also to see how many you might fit in.

sanford said:
Be good to show the frame width
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=709769#p709769
and also to see how many you might fit in.
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=710111#p710111

Samd said:
Nice. Did you fab your own swingarm too?

yes it was the only way i could the swingarm to match the bushes and the dimension i need.
adam

amberwolf said:
sanford said:

Yeah, lol. Sorry to waste your time by not being totally clear.:?
I have actually read the thread. What I was suggesting was it would be good to show visually how slim the frame is and to me, it looks like more than 6 batteries will fit in there.

sanford said:
amberwolf said:
sanford said:

Yeah, lol. Sorry to waste your time by not being totally clear.:?
I have actually read the thread. What I was suggesting was it would be good to show visually how slim the frame is and to me, it looks like more than 6 batteries will fit in there.

i see what you mean now. heres a pic from the other thread i should of put in this one, if you can make out the lines theres 6 batterys and the controller in there, but if you put the controller on the front of the forks you could prob get 9 batterys in ( 150x50x50mm i will put some demensions up later, the frame is only 65mm wide so when i put some foam padding in they fit nice and snug. plus now i have 26in wheels i might stretch the frame abit more to give a little bit more room when i get them laser cut. wait until you see the other frame i am going to build next its totally futuristic, i have spent prob about 10 hours designing it. but i am making this one first :D
adam

IMG_0314_zps4aca7177.jpg

Back