My own build; FX-E

E-Zero

100 mW
Hello people;

I just wanted to share with you one of my creations. I call it the FX-E and it is a project based on a Cute Q100 rear geared motor running at 36V with a stock KU63 controller and a pair of LiPos in the seatbag.
I wanted to make the build as clean as possible and keep the bicycle feel on it. It is a single speed 48x16 with aluminium reinforced frame (dirt) and carbon front fork, Avid disc brakes and custom made stickers and design.
Easy commuter and great for the weekend too.

Hope you like it;

FX_E_01_low.jpg
View attachment 2
FX_E_07_low.jpg
FX_E_10_low.jpg

I gotta say, at first glance I thought it was the before pictures. Great job making it stealth, I will use it as an example to show my coworkers what a true assist bike looks like!

Hi!

Great you like it!
The controller is hidden in the "bottle", if you notice there is a red jet style toggle switch.
Batteries in the photos setup are 10s 5000mAh Lipos giving 20 km range being smooth, I also play with a 10Ah Li-ion with a slightly bigger bag.
The build is complemented with a Speedict device wich enables monitoring via my cellphone.

Take care!

Beautiful bike! Thats as stealth as the most stealth bikes I've seen here.

Weight?

liveforphysics said:

Weight?

Good point, I would say 14 kg in LiPo mode, let me weigh it and I' ll put the real figure.

BTW thanks m8s!

mushymelon said:
Excellent work

Stealth FX

Beats the $6000 dollar specialized road bike hands down.

I rode that bike yesterday at the 'live green!' festival here in Salt Lake City, UT.
They have a very nice pedelec system, but calling it a turbo is kind of a joke. It is not fast at all.

Absolutely beat the pants off a guy riding it who was 50lbs lighter with my 1500W MAC Trek. He was pissy about it.

I bet your Q100 is similar in performance to the specialized bike, but think about how much money you saved.. O_O

E-Zero said:
liveforphysics said:

Weight?

Good point, I would say 14 kg in LiPo mode, let me weigh it and I' ll put the real figure.

BTW thanks m8s!

Just weigh it today and... 14.08 kg, not bad for a system that was not weight focused!

BTW I made some updates; painted rear hub in black and added HS1 discs and new slicks... cooler!

I tried with a Lyen Minimonster too. For bigger ones the thing gets a bit more difficult.

Thanks.

Putting together the controller and the batteries would be a problem due to heat? Is it better the controller and the batteries are physically apart?

I am asking this because I believe it would be possible to put both the controller and the batteries together inside a big box under the seat.

Pros would be the package would be very neat, and probably there would be less cables. Cons is heat and center of gravity.

Heat is a big issue, because both batteries & controller get hot but main thing for me is to be able to interchange the battery pack and put a bigger one when needed.

Very nice build, I'm converting a Specialized Langster Pro but .. unfortunately I dont have a watter bottle holder on the frame.. :)
Any other ideas where to place the controller?

Back