Vector bike and frame owners.

Show off your Ebike creation here.
maxRpm   10 W

10 W

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by maxRpm » Jan 15 2016 10:41pm

EBay. Can easily be found but there 2 type pm mount and is mount.

sh33p   1 W

1 W

Post by sh33p » Jan 16 2016 1:36am

maxRpm wrote:EBay. Can easily be found but there 2 type pm mount and is mount.
No luck.

maxRpm   10 W

10 W

Post by maxRpm » Jan 16 2016 2:08am

sh33p wrote:
No luck.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... r&_sacat=0

sh33p   1 W

1 W

Post by sh33p » Jan 16 2016 11:44am

Friend of mine here is going to fabricate me the bracket. He does custom cnc work.
maxRpm wrote:
sh33p wrote:
No luck.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... r&_sacat=0

sh33p   1 W

1 W

Post by sh33p » Jan 16 2016 2:53pm

Here's a few pics of the bike. Looking like a bike now. :)
20160116_111553 (Medium).jpg
20160116_111638 (Medium).jpg
20160116_111701 (Medium).jpg
The darn front brake. :)
20160116_111732 (Medium).jpg
Chain line looks good.

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Jan 17 2016 9:11am

sh33p wrote:Bike's coming together now. Once I get this brake sorted, I'll start wiring it up.

Here's a pic of it. Managed to get the chain quite nicely lined up with the single speed in the back. I should add a seat too. :)

Came out of work to check it out and I found the bike shop added a different front brake, which shows in the pic, which I asked them to remove.
bike%20(2).jpg
Wow, I like those rims! Are they normal sice or do they have extra wide?
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Jan 17 2016 9:16am

I can order tektro adaptor for you. We actually have some. Please send me a link to one you need. :)

sh33p   1 W

1 W

Post by sh33p » Jan 17 2016 12:15pm

DasDouble wrote:
sh33p wrote:Bike's coming together now. Once I get this brake sorted, I'll start wiring it up.

Here's a pic of it. Managed to get the chain quite nicely lined up with the single speed in the back. I should add a seat too. :)

Came out of work to check it out and I found the bike shop added a different front brake, which shows in the pic, which I asked them to remove.
The attachment bike%20(2).jpg is no longer available
Wow, I like those rims! Are they normal sice or do they have extra wide?
I don't know. I think they're normal. It's a 19x1.6 rim. I bought the back rim and motor from Kinaye Motorsports. Those guys are awesome. You get excellent support if you have any questions etc. The motor is an an MXUS 4T, which I bought from them as well.

I need to get a breaker for this thing. I'm not sure what to get though. Anyone have a link to something that'll support the following battery specs?
New Doc 8_1 (Medium).jpg
New Doc 8_1 (Medium).jpg (226.79 KiB) Viewed 1103 times

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Jan 17 2016 5:59pm

Will I need heavy moto-rims if I go with two persons (2xaround 80 kilo) on a vector bike? Like on the moto-seat.

sh33p   1 W

1 W

Post by sh33p » Jan 17 2016 6:27pm

DasDouble wrote:Will I need heavy moto-rims if I go with two persons (2xaround 80 kilo) on a vector bike? Like on the moto-seat.
Probably not a bad idea.

douglashart   100 W

100 W

Post by douglashart » Jan 30 2016 3:00am

Just installed a set of dorados . I ordered the wrong bracket and he had one on hand , nice guy. EMPoweredcycles.com

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Jan 30 2016 3:07am

sh33p wrote:
I don't know. I think they're normal. It's a 19x1.6 rim. I bought the back rim and motor from Kinaye Motorsports. Those guys are awesome. You get excellent support if you have any questions etc. The motor is an an MXUS 4T, which I bought from them as well.

I need to get a breaker for this thing. I'm not sure what to get though. Anyone have a link to something that'll support the following battery specs?
New Doc 8_1 (Medium).jpg

I can send you one for free, pm me.

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Feb 01 2016 8:11am

So Last Saturday I was in Munich, meeting Artur and talking with him about his awesome bikes. Was a really great day. I have never expected to be able to drive a 14kW Bike like he has in near future. But now It became real. I testrode the bike for about 15 Minutes. 15 Minutes full of smiling and laughing because I was so amazed. You can't imagine the acceleration if you haven't driven a bike like this before. It is ssooooooo freaking awesome, I tell you... Holy smoke

The first mode, the Eco mode was nice to get a feeling for the bike. Real slow acceleration and nice handling and smooth control about the whole throttle.

The next mode, called normal was already awesome. You push the throttle and up you go like "wooooooow, wait a second" haha :D I have tried to count how long it takes from 0-30kph. I think it was about 1,5 seconds. Means a LOT OF TORQUE... Incredible..! :mrgreen: and then Artur said it's just 35% of power, what the bike actually has.

BOOST MODE: ... I think the name sais already everything what you need to know :mrgreen: ... Artur was like: " Ok you have to be careful now" I: "Ok" A: "very gentle.." I: "Got it" and woom, front wheel was directly up in the air. It's just incredible. I'm still smiling when I think back to this moment haha:D. So after all the boost mode is more like scary than anything else. I have tried to go with my weig over to handlebars to not do a wheely instandly. Didn´t helped in any way. Because of the power I got pushed to the rear wheel I even turned the throttle more.. quiet scary haha :D But I would do it again if I could :D :mrgreen: Forget any roller coaster. THIS is the real thing :mrgreen:

The whole 7 houres of riding to munich and back were absolutly worth it. Artur is an absolutly symphatic person, a really nice and awesome guy. I can just 100% recomment Vector, deals with Artur etc. Nothing bad here. The bikes also looked reeeaaallyy good. I think Im gonna take the blue one with black fork. Looks just amazing..! :mrgreen:

-Elias
image(2) (Copy).jpg
image(3) (Copy).jpg
image(4) (Copy).jpg
image(1).jpg
image(1).jpg (244.5 KiB) Viewed 2672 times

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Feb 14 2016 8:26am

We have ordered official Speakon connectors from official manufacturer located also in Bavaria, with certificate and so on. Soon we will offer the frame with charging connectors by default, that you can use up to 40a without worrying to melt it down!

sh33p   1 W

1 W

Post by sh33p » Feb 16 2016 12:33am

Where are you locating the connector on the frame?

Artur wrote:We have ordered official Speakon connectors from official manufacturer located also in Bavaria, with certificate and so on. Soon we will offer the frame with charging connectors by default, that you can use up to 40a without worrying to melt it down!

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Feb 16 2016 4:12am

sh33p wrote:Where are you locating the connector on the frame?

Artur wrote:We have ordered official Speakon connectors from official manufacturer located also in Bavaria, with certificate and so on. Soon we will offer the frame with charging connectors by default, that you can use up to 40a without worrying to melt it down!
Under the controller tray. On the buttom of the bike. This is the best place for airflow.

Edit: oh sorry, I read it like "controller " as I was reading it from my phone screen and it's pretty small )

We locate connectors on a top , near key switch. We don't like idea of mounting them on a side covers as any time you dameged a side covers or you just want a new or another color one, you don't need to reinstall anything else.
Last edited by Artur on Feb 16 2016 5:55am, edited 1 time in total.

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Feb 16 2016 5:48am

What do you mean with "connector"?
Do you mean this one?
http://s26.postimg.org/8663wf4l1/ser3.jpg

sh33p   1 W

1 W

Post by sh33p » Feb 16 2016 8:17am

Yeah, that's it.
DasDouble wrote:

Do you mean this one?

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Feb 16 2016 8:25am

sh33p wrote:Yeah, that's it.
DasDouble wrote:

Do you mean this one?
I think I have missed something. What is this connector good for? Have never heared about it.. :S ^^

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Feb 16 2016 9:59am

For charging the bike :)))

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Feb 16 2016 1:03pm

Artur wrote:For charging the bike :)))
:D I thought there is just a cable you have to put into the controller^^ Ok, you never learn to end :D That english^^

Rik D   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Rik D » Feb 25 2016 8:55am

Subscribed ....... Orderd a Vector frame , forks and rear shocks from Artur at Vector about a months wait for production painting and delivery .
Will be adding a 1500wt dillenger hub , throttle only , 26" downhill mtb wheel , with Maxxis hookworms 2.5 front and rear . Will mainly be riding roads and some light trails in the summer .
Will be useing parts stripped from my standard MTB electric conversion , ie hydraulic brakes , sram x5 gears ( 9 speed rear free wheel ) , sram crank set , seat , seat post etc .
I realise i only will be able to use one size chain ring on the front crank and was wondering what size i should be looking at buying ? I have seen some of you have had trouble with chain ring rubbing , not aligning properly or whatever else .
I was wondering what size chain ring you have settled on and works well with the frame , and can anyone envisage any problems converting to a one sprocket chain ring with the 9 speed cassette i have on the rear .
After researching chain wheels cadence etc , i was hoping tp put a 52 tooth - 54 tooth on as i enjoy the pedalling exercise part of e biking , and the hub set up ive got comfortably does 33 - 38 mph on my existing frame .
Would this size chain ring be to big for the frame and if so what would you recommend ?
Can anyone see anything else i might run into problems with , with my intended set up ?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated , as i have a few weeks to get any additional parts together for the build so when it arrives ime ready to go straight to work on it ?
Thanks in advance ...... Rik :D

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Feb 25 2016 10:02am

Rik D wrote:Subscribed ....... Orderd a Vector frame , forks and rear shocks from Artur at Vector about a months wait for production painting and delivery .
Will be adding a 1500wt dillenger hub , throttle only , 26" downhill mtb wheel , with Maxxis hookworms 2.5 front and rear . Will mainly be riding roads and some light trails in the summer .
Will be useing parts stripped from my standard MTB electric conversion , ie hydraulic brakes , sram x5 gears ( 9 speed rear free wheel ) , sram crank set , seat , seat post etc .
I realise i only will be able to use one size chain ring on the front crank and was wondering what size i should be looking at buying ? I have seen some of you have had trouble with chain ring rubbing , not aligning properly or whatever else .
I was wondering what size chain ring you have settled on and works well with the frame , and can anyone envisage any problems converting to a one sprocket chain ring with the 9 speed cassette i have on the rear .
After researching chain wheels cadence etc , i was hoping tp put a 52 tooth - 54 tooth on as i enjoy the pedalling exercise part of e biking , and the hub set up ive got comfortably does 33 - 38 mph on my existing frame .
Would this size chain ring be to big for the frame and if so what would you recommend ?
Can anyone see anything else i might run into problems with , with my intended set up ?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated , as i have a few weeks to get any additional parts together for the build so when it arrives ime ready to go straight to work on it ?
Thanks in advance ...... Rik :D

take 3 ring crankset. then 3rd ring will be far from frame and you can use it with ring 52-54 tooth.but be carefull about chain line.
if you want single ring, we recomend 38t. with 26" wheel you will be able to pedal up to 30km/h.

Rik D   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Rik D » Feb 25 2016 11:39am

Ok , thanks Artur !

Rik D   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Rik D » Mar 18 2016 4:53pm

Can anyone tell me what headset is compatible with the Vector frame please ? Ive received a frame and Vector supplied DNM forks but the headset i had was un unsuitable size ........... Artur is out of stock with them and wont have any in for 2 weeks , was hopeing to be up and running bye then , so was hoping to alternativly sorce somwhere . Thanks Rik