Vector bike and frame owners.

Show off your E-bike creation here.
User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1033
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by Artur » May 07 2018 3:00pm






User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1033
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by Artur » May 07 2018 4:37pm


User avatar
macribs   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3478
Joined: Jul 22 2014 5:59pm

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by macribs » May 07 2018 5:41pm

Glad to see you are back Artur.

Seems you struggle a bit on the very end of the first video, how long was that climb? Climbing in a ski resort? Hard to tell how steep the incline was from the video, but it seems to be a ski resort so I would imagine it is steep? Did you encounter any temperature spikes on the motor in these videos? Some of the tight trails was really slow riding, making those the hardest for the motor. What kind of gearing from motor to rear chain ring? If you would go back to that area would you make changes to gearing? It sometimes seems you are struggling a little bit to keep momentum in the very slow and narly sections with rocks, trees, and what not. But hey, you made it so good riding by you.

What kind of motor/controller on that bike?

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1033
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by Artur » May 07 2018 7:11pm

Wow, didn't expect so many questions! Appreciate it! I guess it is better if I will make a video with all the answers! P.s. right before start of climb video, me and my wife drove on top of this bike from nearest village to that starting point on lake , so it was already 150-200m elevation gain with tottal weight 150kg. Plus battery was only 70% charged when I started. I think I warm up controller a during that pre-ride as I was riding slow. When I ride alone (80kg) I never had temperature limitation to cick in

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1090
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by DasDouble » May 08 2018 7:04am

I really like these trails there! Whats the name of that place?
"..the crazy kid exploring hipower ebike world ^^"
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1033
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by Artur » May 08 2018 3:55pm

eibsee

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1033
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by Artur » May 09 2018 8:12am

macribs wrote:
May 07 2018 5:41pm
Glad to see you are back Artur.

Seems you struggle a bit on the very end of the first video, how long was that climb? Climbing in a ski resort? Hard to tell how steep the incline was from the video, but it seems to be a ski resort so I would imagine it is steep? Did you encounter any temperature spikes on the motor in these videos? Some of the tight trails was really slow riding, making those the hardest for the motor. What kind of gearing from motor to rear chain ring? If you would go back to that area would you make changes to gearing? It sometimes seems you are struggling a little bit to keep momentum in the very slow and narly sections with rocks, trees, and what not. But hey, you made it so good riding by you.

What kind of motor/controller on that bike?

User avatar
macribs   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3478
Joined: Jul 22 2014 5:59pm

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by macribs » May 09 2018 3:00pm

Thx. Any chance you will look into getting the Vortex street legal in EU? Like moped 45km/h or maybe even A1?

Don't know if you read my post in Allex Sur Ron thread, after a few bad accidents with powerful e-bikes we suddenly get too much heat on fast e-bikes. Police will even do fines, revoke licenses and might also take the bike. It is getting hard by the day to ride fast e-bikes in public, and even on public single tracks or dirt roads far out in the woods you can still get in trouble.

This is the first time we have had ongoing actions like this towards e-bike users and it makes me think the only way to ride in peace and not risking trouble is to get a road legal bike with license plate.

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1033
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by Artur » May 09 2018 6:06pm

macribs wrote:
May 09 2018 3:00pm
Thx. Any chance you will look into getting the Vortex street legal in EU? Like moped 45km/h or maybe even A1?

Don't know if you read my post in Allex Sur Ron thread, after a few bad accidents with powerful e-bikes we suddenly get too much heat on fast e-bikes. Police will even do fines, revoke licenses and might also take the bike. It is getting hard by the day to ride fast e-bikes in public, and even on public single tracks or dirt roads far out in the woods you can still get in trouble.

This is the first time we have had ongoing actions like this towards e-bike users and it makes me think the only way to ride in peace and not risking trouble is to get a road legal bike with license plate.
don't agree with you, but it is interesting topic for my next vlog. I will tell about my 750 Euro fine 3 years ago )

User avatar
crossbreak   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2801
Joined: Aug 02 2011 11:20am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by crossbreak » May 09 2018 6:43pm

i like your vlog as i now have access to infos i didnt have before. even better would be, if you would keep your website more up to date with this info too. Sure many infos you cant give in text as this eats time. but pls dont forget to keep the reader up for the important things.

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1090
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by DasDouble » May 09 2018 7:42pm

macribs wrote:
May 09 2018 3:00pm
Don't know if you read my post in Allex Sur Ron thread, after a few bad accidents with powerful e-bikes we suddenly get too much heat on fast e-bikes. Police will even do fines, revoke licenses and might also take the bike. It is getting hard by the day to ride fast e-bikes in public, and even on public single tracks or dirt roads far out in the woods you can still get in trouble.

This is the first time we have had ongoing actions like this towards e-bike users and it makes me think the only way to ride in peace and not risking trouble is to get a road legal bike with license plate.
Aaand this ladys and gentleman is the moment I always was talking about when telling people to ride unter the frocking radar. Is it that hard? I ride every day 60Kilometers since 2,5 years and never have had trouble with the police. Thanks, now the process of our bikes becoming officially illegal just accellerated with the first results.
"..the crazy kid exploring hipower ebike world ^^"
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

BerkshireEbiker   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 09 2017 8:23pm

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by BerkshireEbiker » May 22 2018 9:07am

Routybouty wrote:
Jul 04 2015 11:29am
Yep, V3 QS 4T 11kv. My plan is to be able to commute at 50-55mph. So this is why I went with the higher kv version. I didn't want to rely on the efficiency gouging field weakening (OVS) to hit speed. I am now in the research/design aspect of motor/controller cooling to sustain it. I'll post a video soon and you can see the amps. It was pulling about 110A constant down the straightaway while pinned. I have no plans to cruise at that speed haha.

Hello RoutyBouty

How are you, I saw a video you posted. You got 64-MPH on the track with your vector. I have a MAX-E, QS 273 motor. what are your spec to be getting speeds like that. I also noticed your not using OVS too. Whats your "boost" profile config set to?

Cheers,

Nick :)

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1033
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by Artur » May 25 2018 9:05am



45 °

calfeetwenty   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 34
Joined: Aug 12 2016 8:31am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by calfeetwenty » Jun 25 2018 9:20am

Well I am joining the club. A typhoon frame with a fat swingarm was shipped this morning.

Has anyone tried to mount an IGH on the swingarm to solve the transmission problem?

I already have a wheel built that was supposed to go on another bike.
WP_20180529_06_46_11_Pro.jpg
Electra 7D/BBSHD, 24 spd hybrid drive 52 volt.
Electra 7D Fat/Mxus 3000 Turbo, 72 volt.
Paratrooper Pro/BBS02/Alfine 8, 52 volt
KMX Trike TDCM/Phaserunner 52 volt
Luna Cargo/ QS 205/50 6T back at it
Vector Typhoon…..soon

elmannen   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 26 2012 5:25pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by elmannen » Jul 18 2018 11:29am

I wondering how a vector typhoon will work whith a 26" wheel.
Will it feel the same as a bike whith smaller wheels?

I will buy a frame later this year but cant decide what wheel size to use?
I know it's depend on whitch hub i will use to.
/Lasse

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1033
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by Artur » Jul 18 2018 5:31pm

elmannen wrote:
Jul 18 2018 11:29am
I wondering how a vector typhoon will work whith a 26" wheel.
Will it feel the same as a bike whith smaller wheels?

I will buy a frame later this year but cant decide what wheel size to use?
I know it's depend on whitch hub i will use to.
/Lasse
you can use 26 if you want, but i like moto wheels or 24 bike. just better in climbs and overheating..

elmannen   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 26 2012 5:25pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by elmannen » Aug 09 2018 5:33am

Ok, thanks Artur. I have a Typhoon frame on its way now and i will use 26" wheels.
I will only use DD hub whith litle watt so no problem.

Next question is regarding rear shock, which length on the rear shock shall i use?
I have looked at this shock https://www.rosebikes.se/rock-shox-mona ... ock-852702 165 or 190mm?
Is it depending on what wheelsize i have to?

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1033
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by Artur » Aug 09 2018 6:15am

elmannen wrote:
Aug 09 2018 5:33am
Ok, thanks Artur. I have a Typhoon frame on its way now and i will use 26" wheels.
I will only use DD hub whith litle watt so no problem.

Next question is regarding rear shock, which length on the rear shock shall i use?
I have looked at this shock https://www.rosebikes.se/rock-shox-mona ... ock-852702 165 or 190mm?
Is it depending on what wheelsize i have to?
190 is better

elmannen   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 26 2012 5:25pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by elmannen » Aug 09 2018 11:15am

Ok, 190mm it is then, thank's.

elmannen   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 26 2012 5:25pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by elmannen » Aug 21 2018 2:33pm

Just got my frame some days ago. After some closer look i found 2 things thats not so good.

1: There is a big dent in the fitting for the bearing in the stearing tube.
2: The bottom bracket is very stiff to turn.
/Lars Persson
20180821_210110.jpg

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1033
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by Artur » Aug 22 2018 5:40am

Alredy sent answer by email. Thank you for sharring.

User avatar
N3mam   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: Aug 27 2018 2:58am
Location: Slovakia

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by N3mam » Aug 27 2018 3:32am

Hey there Vector fans, few weeks ago i decided that i will ditch my car for daily commuter combined with some ofroad fun ebike, glad i found vector in right time when they offered 40% summer deal on typhoon frame :D Dont have enough money right now so i ordered frame and rear shock for now, looking forward to complete most of the bike from vector.

Right now im looking at some fork, bike will be used onroad mainly so im thinking that DNM USD-8S (coil one) will be enough or should go for air straigh away (im 195cm/110kg) dont know if it play any role in this

Took me 3 days to read all this thread and vector offers (92 pages) thread and i found a lot of usefull info in these pages...

Anyway is here someone from slovakia or czech republic ? just curious if im only one.

User avatar
pucksterpete   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 319
Joined: Apr 15 2011 11:11am
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by pucksterpete » Aug 27 2018 7:13am

elmannen wrote:
Aug 21 2018 2:33pm
Just got my frame some days ago. After some closer look i found 2 things thats not so good.

1: There is a big dent in the fitting for the bearing in the stearing tube.
2: The bottom bracket is very stiff to turn.
/Lars Persson

20180821_210110.jpg
Well, after getting to this part of the thread, I decided to take a closer look at the Typhoon frame a received today and sure an behold I have dent on the top of the stearing tube too! The bearing just won't go in.

Image
Image
Image
Optim Alp Hardtail with MXUS Motor
20S 2P Turnigy 5.0 Hard Case
Top speed 38mph tops :)
Hyena Special
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 97#p585997
-------
Excelsior/Strong GTS with Cromotor
24S 3P Turnigy 5.0 Hard Case
Top speed so far 53mph
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=46993

elmannen   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 26 2012 5:25pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by elmannen » Aug 27 2018 7:41am

Ohhhh! Not good. Have you sent a message to Artur to?
Do you missing some other parts in the kit?
And it is the exakt spot as mine! very strange.
Last edited by elmannen on Aug 27 2018 7:43am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pucksterpete   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 319
Joined: Apr 15 2011 11:11am
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Vector bike and frame owners.

Post by pucksterpete » Aug 27 2018 7:43am

Just sent an email to Artur....I am waiting for his response, but I am sending this frame back!
I was missing the rear shock mount with the frame and one of the bearings for the headset got destroyed when trying to remove from top of steer tube

I'm also waiting on a 24s 15p battery and the rear DNM shock from them
Optim Alp Hardtail with MXUS Motor
20S 2P Turnigy 5.0 Hard Case
Top speed 38mph tops :)
Hyena Special
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 97#p585997
-------
Excelsior/Strong GTS with Cromotor
24S 3P Turnigy 5.0 Hard Case
Top speed so far 53mph
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=46993

Post Reply