IanM-my ebikes

IanM

100 W
Hi all,
This is my first post. I've been following ES for a while and, well now I think it's time I contributed to this great forum.
I am planning two new builds 1. Bbs 02 light off-road dual suspension 2. MXUS 3000 high power off-road also dual suspension hopefully I can get a hold of a new flux frame from hyena. I will post some photos of my current ebikes, then as my parts arrive I will put up some photos of the build process. I am a noob to posting on forums and not the best at using a computer so any advise will be useful to me. Here is a few photos. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 3,111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 3,111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 3,111
Neato bash plate! welcome to ES :) .

beast775 said:
Neato bash plate! welcome to ES :) .
Thanks beast775 I put that on to protect the gng jackshaft and primary chain from mud and debris. Just made from corrugated plastic sheet held on the bike with cable ties.

Here's some more photos of the mongoose, I built this up because the poor old aprilia broke at the seat post where it joins the main frame tube :? This bike looks a bit ugly but it rides well. I have done about 2500 km on this mainly just my 36 km commute but also some off road and lots of grocery runs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3,006
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,006
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 3,006
So I have a bad ebike addiction. I was trying to patiently wait for a flux frame and order all of my parts required for the build. The parts all arrived but the frame, well let's just say it seemed like I was gonna go nuts before I got my frame. I needed a flux fix. So this is what I ended up doing. I had a steel frame huffy BSO (bicycle shaped object) and being of mild steel construction I was able to cut and weld it to make it into something rideable, well sort of :wink:
It turned out to be a lot of fun to build and ride and packs a mean punch with a MXUS 3000 V2 @ 6KW peaks supplied by SamD from Ballarat ebikes. Sam is great to deal with and I am loving the motor. Anyway here is some pics of my build with flux to follow soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,818
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,818
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 2,818
Santa brought me a go-pro copy bcos I was a good boy :) I am a total noob at video making and everything to do with it so I hope its not too crap.
I now understand there's a lot involved in making a decent watchable vid. [youtube]https://youtu.be/_FK81B_rmhE[/youtube]

Thanks for that jpgey not sure what I did wrong. :? Edit.
Ok I think I know where I stuffed up. I will try another one in a few days.

Looking good. Did I spy an aprilia there?

Samd said:
Looking good. Did I spy an aprilia there?
Yes you did, the 'pril' is no longer in service now. The seat tube broke off a while ago. I still have the original motor in my spare parts pile as well as the broken frame.

Its been a while since I last posted here so I thought I would put up some pics of my new build. It's a 2009 Giant Trance X1 with a BBSHD from EM3EV. I also ordered the lekkie bling ring 42 tooth chainring.The battery is a turnigy lipo pack which I made from 4 x 6s 5000mAh bricks wired for 12s 10 Ah. I have had these batteries since 2013 and they are still going strong after at least 10 000 km of commuting in the mongoose and the aprilia enjoy.
So far I have only ridden the bbshd once, first impressions are wow so quiet, smooth it's so much more like a mtb than my FLX alpha. I like it a lot, my main concern is the low slung motor getting damaged from impacts. Time will tell I guess but I think I will need to get a frame with a straight down tube.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,286
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,286
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,286
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 2,286
I have benn riding this Merida cross 20 to work for a few months without a motor and I like the riding position and find it so much nicer to commute on compared to my road bike with drop bars and 700c x 23 tyres. I had taken the bbshd off the giant trance as it didn't seem to suit the bike very well IMHO. One thing that was concerning was the swingarm flex that would occur when the power was applied. Anyhow I put the bbshd onto a 24" Gt hard tail girls bike for my missus to ride.
She liked it but didn't end up riding the bike much. So now I have put the bbshd on the Merida and after a short test ride I am liking it a lot. Looks like the bbshd may have it's home now after being put onto 4 different bikes. :lol:
I installed a suntour suspension seat post a month ago and wow that thing is so great I love it.
I am hoping to drop 10 minutes each way off my commute times while still getting a good workout with this setup.
I will try it tomorrow and see how it goes.
Battery is my old lipo pack made from 4x 6s 5000mah 25c turnigys.
Wheels are Rodi airline road bike 700c. Tires are continental gatorskin hardshell 700c x 32.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,722
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,722
Back