Reconfigured battery packs to fit the frame. Pushing 6500W.

Lowell

100 kW
After much work and soldering, the packs finally fit the frame. Moving the rear pack off the rack allows me to lower the seat down to 33" which is better, but still an inch or two above optimal. The bike has much better balance now and if I'm happy with this layout I'll build properly mounted battery holders.
After removing the seatpost to trim down the length, I realized that the perfect seating position would simply be padding on top of the seat post and rack area. I'm going to try out a few ideas and possibly TIG weld on to an old seat post to build something that will interchange with a normal bicycle seat.

Full throttle at 40mph actually produces noticeable pull now! 8)

After removing the seatpost to trim down the length, I realized that the perfect seating position would simply be padding on top of the seat post and rack area.

You must be joking!

Emergency Room Report

Patient: Lowell

Findings: Following a minor traffic accident, patient presents to the ER unconscious, and with a large, protuberant mass in his ass that upon radiographic studies, proves to be his bicycle.

I meant with no seatpost at all on the bike, sitting on the very front area of the rack. Hence the padding to avoid any mishaps over bumps. :lol:

( X.. that made it to the ES quotes lol.. )

How's the heat with all that DT ?

Now.. here i am spending hours of work into making a battery box and brackets to try and vent and weatherize my packs... then you go and show me this.. almost makes me re-consider my methods .. :) .. at the amps you run they have to be warm after a run ?? no ?

I haven't done a full discharge like this yet, but I left some air gaps for cooling. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to carry batteries so that they stay cool, but also stay dry.

I think i have my method all sorted out.. a few more pieces to cut and grind but getting close. I made an air chanel thru the box and allow air to pass, only one IN and one OUT.. easily taped over when it rains and opened up for hot sunny days.

Nice ride.. any chance of a daytime onboard video ?

Back