Welcome to the Electric Horsemen

Willow

10 kW
Come check out the page for the new project : The Electric Horsemen.

https://www.facebook.com/ElectricNoseBag

Some very exciting bikes will be coming out of the workshop in the very near future. Stay tuned to this thread.

Come and visit us at the Festival of Bright Ideas - August 14 and 15, at the Princess Wharf No.1 building - Hobart waterfront. There will be a number of custom electric bikes on display, and we will be taking orders should you wish to own one of these exclusive vehicles.

https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=124188&

Meanwhile we have a number of bikes in construction in preparation for the official launch of the Electric Horsemen.

An sneak peak at some fiberglass molds for the GT-Ultra Moped model - these will be used to vacuum from ABS for the detailed 'tanks' and battery hard case - good for 160 cells.
The GT will be sporting on-board charging and a lot of leather and other fine touches. The two rear leather panniers will hold another 2 packs - super long ranger... and for this reason is called the Grand Tourer.

This is the GT - Grand Tourer.... almost finished frame. This vehicle will be classified as a Moped. It will be road registered, with a speed restriction, limiting the top speed to 50km/h. Unlimited this bike will do 80+.

Come and see this finished bike and a fleet of other high powered bikes - Hobart 14th and 15th @ The Festival of Bright Ideas. - https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=124188&

Stay tuned to this thread for photo updates.

finished frame.jpg

Willow said:
This is the GT - Grand Tourer.... almost finished frame. This vehicle will be classified as a Moped. It will be road registered, with a speed restriction

Hi Willow,
how would these go legality wise on the mainland? Do you reckon they could be reg'd in Victoria?

on a side note...as a fellow porucho owner, could I get some more detailed photos? :p

This will be compliant to the ADR regulations, which will enable it to be road refgistered in any state in Australia, and also be able to be registered in Europe. Some states in Aus. you will need a motorbike license - others states require only a car license. This will be registered in the ACT.

Next week I'll be starting to assemble bikes for the upcoming Festival of Bright Ideas. Frames are being powder-coated and badges being chromed.... among many other things required to get the show on the road. We hope to have up to 7 bikes on display - 5 of which are but parts on the shelf right now..

GT Frame.jpg

This is Huon Pine. This tree was thousands of years old. Now it will be a timber rack for the GT-Grand Tourer, 1 of 4 vehicles currently under construction in the stables of the Electric Horsemen.
The photo doesn't do this amazing timber justice, nor can I describe how good it smells when freshly oiled.

Popped these out of the moulds today. They are made from fiberglass and form the electronics enclosure on the GT - Grand Tourer - destined for a home at Questacon.

Tank.jpg

That's a fantastic stable of electric steeds.

If you can get any one of them registered with pedals as a class LA vehicle under the ADRs I'll be delighted to hear and interested to follow suit.

voicecoils said:
That's a fantastic stable of electric steeds.

If you can get any one of them registered with pedals as a class LA vehicle under the ADRs I'll be delighted to hear and interested to follow suit.

There is no if, only when.

Those are beautiful looking machines. I really like the curves of the frame enclosures on the smaller ones, this is my favorite enclosed frame I've seen so far. I also really like the amazingly beefy looking rack on the Grand Tourer.

First day of National Science Week done and dusted. It was the schools day - small groups representing their schools would visit the stalls, where we gave them a short presentation, let them ask questions, and touch things.

We've got 7 bikes on display until 4pm on Saturday.

Tomorrow is the launch of the Tasmanian Branch of the Australian Electric Vehicle Association, and I will be encouraging all participants of the launch to come down and check out the stable full of bikes.

festival_day 1.jpg

Science week program is over for now. Had a great couple of days at the festival, with a lot of people stopping for a chat about the bikes. Many minds were blown.

day 2.jpg

One step closer to completion.. 12 Volt system fully functional after a couple days at the soldering iron.

Need to mount the headlight and horn and tidy up the birds nest.

This project has taken longer than expected. No corners cut, no compromises. So close now I can smell it.

Mini-E
Cro-motor with upgraded phase wires.
25R cells - 80V 20Ah
on-board Eaton 1.8KW charger.

Attachments

• GT.jpg
    GT.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 5,377
  • headlight.jpg
    headlight.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 5,377
Looking good!

Things I spot are:
*Road legal tyres, rims, horn, switchgear, lights & indicators.
*HV in orange conduit
*Isolated LV system
*S-pedalec brake levers & maybe self retracting kickstand?

Any thoughts on how handlebar/stem/forks/cranks/pedals will get treated for getting the bike plated?

Back