Your Ride Videos!

All are just boring stuff, but this is a vid-specific thread with some of mine:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32477

I think I may have surfed your channel DS. You have alot of well done vids imo. The mountless could be a whole new style! Certainly tricky I'm sure :D Well done.

Well as the first three posts are evidence, I've seen a few, but there are more!
In the nature of the thread, I will post some links of vids I am aware of, and really liked.

From 'Foppel' of Switzerland- Some really nice middrives and well done vid!
[youtube]Q76N5VgH7cw[/youtube]

Here is another one from the desert ride after a nice rain storm.
Maybe a little better than the first.

Wish I knew how you guys posted a video.
If anyone, nutspecial, nudge...nudge, wants to add any helpful tips feel free, and thanks.

All I can come up with is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uJLe_RcX6w
Gets there but not all nice player style.

or this jumble...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1uJLe_RcX6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit
OK after some nudging in the right direction...thanks guys nutspecial, amberwolf and voltron.
Incase others are youtube challenged like me.
At the posting page, on E-S, there is a little 'youtube' tab at the top right side of the screen.(I didn't get that)
You just click that tab and add the Youtube line after the watch?v= in this case 1uJLe_RcX6w.

[youtube]1uJLe_RcX6w[/youtube]

nutspecial said:
I didn't even know you had videos either Amberwolf. Thanks for liking and linking your thread!
Sure. There's probably more of them on the YT channel itself (along with other stuff like the dog videos, stuff about older ebikes, and really early experiments like trying to turn a cieling fan induction motor into a BLDC using harddisk magnets and a printer's laser scanner mirror controller...which sort of worked, as proof-of-concept).

Paladin said:
Wish I knew how you guys posted a video.
Hover your mouse over the youtube button in your posting page, and it explains how. ;)

Stand back from the screen and ignore the shakiness... from on the bike its smooth as silk. Put on some jams too... the wind noise is horrendous... if you look close at around 3:45, you can see a yellow caution steep grade sign for trucks on the right. Its the same hill I'm going up at the end.

[youtube]gux0etlFN18[/youtube]

The hills look flattened out of course... but theres some steep climbing going on there! The hill before the break is 16/18% grade. Most of the climbing is 20/25mph, and the straightaways are 35/40 mph. A little pause to here to check the motor temp.. barely warm to the touch. Off we go again..

[youtube]d_4j0nKATIM[/youtube]

The end is about a block away from where I started.. thats my new fun loop.

and heres another style mountless vid for you Drunkskunk... my old bike path commute. I'm just holding the cam in both hands. I used to do 6 or 7 miles of my commute nohands. Look for the guy at around 1:00 croutching down to smoke a bowl..lol.

[youtube]Lj4d28w-vOU[/youtube]

Past the abandoned oil refinery... loved passing that
[youtube]_As9jzT3i3I[/youtube]

Good high speed ending on this one....

[youtube]sb2bFfwDAIU[/youtube]

thanks. Re the links..theyre greyed out for some reason but still play? I was wondering if they were working for other people.

edit...ooops. I'm a youtube noob. Turns out it defaults to private when you upload a vid. I just shifted everything onto a new frame, and am loving it. I used to have to hold back, but now I can pedal as hard as I possibly can into the takeoffs and the hills.

this...108.jpg plus this..mundo.jpg equals one fun ride!115.jpg

Hopefully that fixed it. And since you like the no hand thing... heres the last one from the series, when I figured out how to hold the camera a little more pointed up,,,lol. The bike would easily pull 30 to 33 mph up that hill still nice and stable, but a was keeping toned down. That path was such a great commute. Made going to work so much more worth it.
[youtube]nD3s0gEmiLs[/youtube]

Biking home in Silicon Valley.
Downtown Mountain View- Stevens Creek Trail - Google Headquarters - Bay Lands Nature Preserve - East Palo Alto - Dumbarton Bridge - Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge
[youtube]owksnI9ARqU[/youtube]

[youtube]yL0UbRLVyDk[/youtube]

I'm happy to post the first nightride video on the thread lol. Pretty candid, kinda entertaining, at least to me!

Ps, if you want the highlights, it's a nauseatingly confusing track thru the forest and out onto the river (barely), and I minorly connect with a tree at 6:50 :D and 8:50 find a sinkhole (or a tunnel to china?)

This was the first video i did with my camera when i just bought it a year ago
[youtube]dwoUJDoDquE[/youtube]

And i think this was the second one... also Madrid but with more cars.
[youtube]Q-OpdFy-AZA[/youtube]

Some day ill try to edit my videos i did for the last year and make a good video :wink:

Back