Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Show off your E-bike creation here.
User avatar
Kepler   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3227
Joined: Nov 08 2009 9:22pm
Location: Eastern suburbs Melbourne Australia

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Kepler » Jul 24 2019 12:51am

This.
Frame.JPG
Frame.JPG (22.75 KiB) Viewed 906 times
Will be fitted with a Bafang M600 and custom battery. Fox36 Kashima Float up front and Fox Float DPX2 on the rear. Still tossing up if I will go 29er or 27.5
Current Rides

Lightest true ebike on the planet: ON ROAD viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74269
eBoost on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eboost/200306283342024/

User avatar
Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2647
Joined: Jun 26 2011 8:41pm
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jul 24 2019 3:46am

Surprised you didn't join the LMX 64 bandwagon Kepler. You'll end up with a similar bike by the looks of it apart from how the power gets to the wheel.
How long till Stealth make a serious powered mid drive I wonder.

Cheers
Last edited by Cowardlyduck on Jul 24 2019 6:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.

High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6667
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Jul 24 2019 9:30am

Kepler wrote:
Jul 24 2019 12:51am
This.

Frame.JPG

Will be fitted with a Bafang M600 and custom battery. Fox36 Kashima Float up front and Fox Float DPX2 on the rear. Still tossing up if I will go 29er or 27.5
Awesome!! I hope you start a build thread, I have enjoyed following your previous builds.

cheeko   100 W

100 W
Posts: 114
Joined: Mar 25 2014 10:59pm
Location: Brisbane AU

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by cheeko » Jul 26 2019 1:06am

Cowardlyduck wrote:
Jul 24 2019 3:46am
Surprised you didn't join the LMX 64 bandwagon Kepler. You'll end up with a similar bike by the looks of it apart from how the power gets to the wheel.
How long till Stealth make a serious powered mid drive I wonder.

Cheers
Yes this will be my next build i think.
24s5P Futr Beta Mxus3k New Controller coming

cheeko   100 W

100 W
Posts: 114
Joined: Mar 25 2014 10:59pm
Location: Brisbane AU

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by cheeko » Sep 02 2019 12:16am

Well Guys Bit of Upgrade to Futr Beta

20S 21AH 30Q (fits Great)
Snapchat-1588225941 (2).jpg
Snapchat-1588225941 (2).jpg (381.87 KiB) Viewed 652 times

Finally got my Nucular 12F installed looks so nice love the mount and very custom programmable
Snapchat-532036768 (2).jpg
Snapchat-532036768 (2).jpg (344.31 KiB) Viewed 652 times
Cheers
24s5P Futr Beta Mxus3k New Controller coming

User avatar
Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2647
Joined: Jun 26 2011 8:41pm
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Cowardlyduck » Sep 02 2019 4:01am

cheeko wrote:
Sep 02 2019 12:16am
Well Guys Bit of Upgrade to Futr Beta
20S 21AH 30Q (fits Great)
Finally got my Nucular 12F installed looks so nice love the mount and very custom programmable
Nice!
How do you like the Nucular?

Your battery doesn't look like it's all the one cell type...never seen a green or blue 30Q before...you should be careful if mixing different cells together.

Cheers
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.

High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6667
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Sep 02 2019 5:57pm

cheeko wrote:
Sep 02 2019 12:16am
Well Guys Bit of Upgrade to Futr Beta

20S 21AH 30Q (fits Great)
Snapchat-1588225941 (2).jpg


Finally got my Nucular 12F installed looks so nice love the mount and very custom programmable
Snapchat-532036768 (2).jpg

Cheers
SICK!!!!! Show us a full pic or 5 of the completed machine.

cheeko   100 W

100 W
Posts: 114
Joined: Mar 25 2014 10:59pm
Location: Brisbane AU

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by cheeko » Sep 02 2019 11:34pm

Cowardlyduck wrote:
Sep 02 2019 4:01am
cheeko wrote:
Sep 02 2019 12:16am
Well Guys Bit of Upgrade to Futr Beta
20S 21AH 30Q (fits Great)
Finally got my Nucular 12F installed looks so nice love the mount and very custom programmable
Nice!
How do you like the Nucular?

Your battery doesn't look like it's all the one cell type...never seen a green or blue 30Q before...you should be careful if mixing different cells together.

Cheers
Nar they are all 30Q but because i went with the nucular i needed to bring it down from 24S to 20S, My Previous Battery was 24S 5p So after braking battery apart any cells that had mark on sleeve i changed them, just some i had lying around just to confuse people.

Beta Fits 7P laying on vertical direction.

Man the Nucular is unreal, so much customization, Very nice and even the Ebake works different to the power velocity for price it has heaps features, Only think i think on future would be to make PLUG on Controller to Screen so you don't need to unplug it from screen, I did this with some microfits. The mount for steer tube fits great.
24s5P Futr Beta Mxus3k New Controller coming

cheeko   100 W

100 W
Posts: 114
Joined: Mar 25 2014 10:59pm
Location: Brisbane AU

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by cheeko » Sep 02 2019 11:36pm

Rix wrote:
Sep 02 2019 5:57pm
cheeko wrote:
Sep 02 2019 12:16am
Well Guys Bit of Upgrade to Futr Beta

20S 21AH 30Q (fits Great)
Snapchat-1588225941 (2).jpg


Finally got my Nucular 12F installed looks so nice love the mount and very custom programmable
Snapchat-532036768 (2).jpg

Cheers
SICK!!!!! Show us a full pic or 5 of the completed machine.
Yeah man, no change from before just controller and screen and i have new throttle went with domino throttle can't compare to Chinese ones.
24s5P Futr Beta Mxus3k New Controller coming

User avatar
Hyena   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5628
Joined: Aug 13 2008 9:10am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Hyena » Sep 06 2019 4:54am

Hey guys, I've been out of action for a while with health dramas and then trying to get on with things, but I've FINALLY finished building my beta after 2 years! (this is why I had to give up building bikes for other people!)

This may be my last ebike for the forseeable future, and if so, that's OK!
This is the perfect all rounder IMO. but is light enough for me to lift into the car or up a few stairs if needed (even with my wrecked back and other issues)

It's running an 18 fet sinewave controller at 80A , 21S5P 30Q battery and the latest alloy core crystalyte H4065 motor which gives heaps of torque and a top speed of about 70. With 6.5kw it's got enough power to flip you off the back if you're not paying attention and with the slower winding it runs more efficiently at lower RPM. I havent fitted hubsinks or statorade but it hasn't gotten over 90 degrees yet, even with all the massive hills around here so that's a big win.
The wheel set is 24" red anodized bmx alienation with other red anodized highlights to match. Brakes are 203mm MT5s. 2 speed schlumpf for comfortable pedaling at 20-25 for toddling around tight stuff in low gear or around 50km/hr in high gear which is perfect for firetrails or the road. I wanted to keep the bars clean and minimal so have frame mounted the CA which also keeps all the wiring internal and tidy. I'm glad I didnt sell my last set of USD-6 forks - I quite like them. They seem tough enough and make the bike super nimble to flick around the single track.

Image


Image


Image
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6667
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Sep 06 2019 10:05am

Hyena wrote:
Sep 06 2019 4:54am
Hey guys, I've been out of action for a while with health dramas and then trying to get on with things, but I've FINALLY finished building my beta after 2 years! (this is why I had to give up building bikes for other people!)

This may be my last ebike for the forseeable future, and if so, that's OK!
This is the perfect all rounder IMO. but is light enough for me to lift into the car or up a few stairs if needed (even with my wrecked back and other issues)

It's running an 18 fet sinewave controller at 80A , 21S5P 30Q battery and the latest alloy core crystalyte H4065 motor which gives heaps of torque and a top speed of about 70. With 6.5kw it's got enough power to flip you off the back if you're not paying attention and with the slower winding it runs more efficiently at lower RPM. I havent fitted hubsinks or statorade but it hasn't gotten over 90 degrees yet, even with all the massive hills around here so that's a big win.
The wheel set is 24" red anodized bmx alienation with other red anodized highlights to match. Brakes are 203mm MT5s. 2 speed schlumpf for comfortable pedaling at 20-25 for toddling around tight stuff in low gear or around 50km/hr in high gear which is perfect for firetrails or the road. I wanted to keep the bars clean and minimal so have frame mounted the CA which also keeps all the wiring internal and tidy. I'm glad I didnt sell my last set of USD-6 forks - I quite like them. They seem tough enough and make the bike super nimble to flick around the single track.

Image


Image


Image
Jay, glad to see you pop up here. Better late than never. Your build came out super awesome, the 4065 with a sinwave running 21s is a perfect combo. you going to make a video? Would like to see a couple of more close up pics of both sides.

User avatar
Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2647
Joined: Jun 26 2011 8:41pm
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Cowardlyduck » Sep 06 2019 5:22pm

Looking good Jay. Glad you managed to finish it.

Here's to hoping you get to ride it for a long time without any more health issues.

Cheers
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.

High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

User avatar
Hyena   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5628
Joined: Aug 13 2008 9:10am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Hyena » Sep 06 2019 6:30pm

Thanks CD. I'm making it a mental health priority to make time for more rides!
Rix wrote:
Sep 06 2019 10:05am
you going to make a video? Would like to see a couple of more close up pics of both sides.
Thanks. I could make a video but it probably wouldn't be very exciting as I have to take it real easy. Even with the suspension set up soft it still hurts my back to ride. No jumps of high speed antics any more. But the next generation of Hyena's are growing fast so maybe they'll have to take up the mantle soon :)

Here's a few more pics - if you click on the link below it'll have the full res version.

Bit of a lion king feel to this one. Everything the light touches is my kingdom 8)

Image
https://i.imgur.com/ySi47wK.jpg

Image
https://i.imgur.com/X5dKXsx.jpg
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6667
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Sep 06 2019 11:17pm

Very nice Jay, that bike is the bomb. According to my math, you have just north of 1300wh in the battery, figure 1150 usable. With the h4065, you got some good range potential, and because your battery isn't super huge, not alot of weight from it. Perfect bike for about 30-35 km of range. Again the bike looks great with the crimson red highlights and white background.

User avatar
Lash   100 W

100 W
Posts: 145
Joined: Jun 09 2015 5:33am
Location: Bendigo
Contact:

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Lash » Sep 09 2019 1:29am

Damn Cheeko thats a nice battery if it fits in well. certainly giving me ideas for my next future builds. I'd be interested to hear more about the Nuclear controller and how it all goes. I remember looking them up a while ago. Looks like they are coming out now hey. Even the 6f appears to hit some ok numbers to suit 1500-2000w builds such as the MAC or 1000w 1500w (35mm wide) DD motors.

Looks especially interesting for the MAC with the high ERPM. should be able to handle the MACS extra pole count ok, as I know some controllers freak out (technical term) if they cant handle that.

HYENAs builds are always impressive and I like the clean bars look. Something id like to do in my next builds I think. With spring coming on in Australia, its a good time to get out n ride. I'm sure before we know it I'll be complaining "damn too hot to ride - 42 degrees again"

In fact if anyones keen to explore the Bendigo area just let me know. - I'll throw the 5th and 6th of October out there of dates if anyones keen for a meet up and explore of the forests and tracks around here.

cheeko   100 W

100 W
Posts: 114
Joined: Mar 25 2014 10:59pm
Location: Brisbane AU

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by cheeko » Sep 14 2019 12:22am

Lash yeah fits in fine no jimmy 20s7p on side iv even got blutooth BMS its big and it still fits and plenty room on sides for some pading. Pretty stocked with my second battery build


Nucular controller wow so many options configs.. loving the Torque + Speed exactly like motobike rampup but you can configure anything on screen. Even color buttons to what u want to see on screen. I got 12F its tiny.. heres my first ride pic Image

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

24s5P Futr Beta Mxus3k New Controller coming

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6667
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Sep 14 2019 11:49pm

Very nice build Cheeko, outstanding job!!!

\ (•◡•) /   1 W

1 W
Posts: 63
Joined: May 29 2017 10:22pm

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by \ (•◡•) / » Sep 15 2019 12:17am

Well it's not much of an update, but here's whats been going on with my bike.
I recently revalved my usd8, All credit goes to Emmett for his guide back in 2014. I followed the same valving setup and the fork feels incredible now. Here's the original guide viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&p=978312&hilit=valve#p978312
this is an overview of old vs. new shims, top is old
Image

now i'm just waiting to get new spokes and build a new rear wheel with an excel a60, then i'm thinking of using a tubliss setup, but don't know if I can justify the cost.

Here's the bike just after a polish and wax at a local trail :lol:, the paint smoothness decreased wh/km by atleast 15% :
Image

cheeko   100 W

100 W
Posts: 114
Joined: Mar 25 2014 10:59pm
Location: Brisbane AU

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by cheeko » Sep 15 2019 9:00pm

Rix wrote:
Sep 14 2019 11:49pm
Very nice build Cheeko, outstanding job!!!
Thanks Rix, Everyone on the forum has helped a lot and i have learned a lot in mean time, Im sure this will be my last controller for this bike.

Time to start riding her.
24s5P Futr Beta Mxus3k New Controller coming

Post Reply