100 MW

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Cowardlyduck » Apr 10 2019 3:53am

icherouveim wrote:
Apr 08 2019 11:04am
Hello there,

Yes the threat is the following if you want to see more info:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 14&t=88373

This battery pack has worked very well for more than two years (it's not dead yet but it sags a lot).
The reason I want to try 21700 40T cells is the extra power and here is why.
At the boost mode my controller draws 115amps and the cells stress a lot, actually they were working almost at their maximum rating for all this time.
So If I manage to install a 20S 7P pack made by 40T cells then each cell will have to deliver only 16.5A which is perfect because this cell can deliver up to 25A continuous and 35A for short bursts.
I believe this pack is going to last much more.
When I decide to change battery I will let you know!
Thanks!
This is exactly what I was after. Now it looks like I'm probably going to be going back to 18650's and copying your pack design. :lol: :roll:

In terms of the 20700's designs, here's what I came up with so far:
Beta Designs.jpg
The top left pack will fit easiest, but two of those may be a challenge to fit length wise. So I think the best option would be a combination of the top left pack with the bottom left design. This would obviously be contingent on the bottom left design fitting height wise. Otherwise the bottom right option would have to do.

What do you all think?

Cheers
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.

JV1967   1 µW

1 µW

Post by JV1967 » Apr 23 2019 6:51pm

New guy here, got a question about this frame. What kind of performance could one expect with a 1500 watt BBSHD mid drive in this bike (Futr Beta). Thinking of using this frame for a full suspension urban cruiser with a top speed around 35 to 40 mph. Not interested in going any faster than that. More interested in a bike with decent power and excellent range.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Apr 23 2019 10:02pm

JV1967 wrote:
Apr 23 2019 6:51pm
New guy here, got a question about this frame. What kind of performance could one expect with a 1500 watt BBSHD mid drive in this bike (Futr Beta). Thinking of using this frame for a full suspension urban cruiser with a top speed around 35 to 40 mph. Not interested in going any faster than that. More interested in a bike with decent power and excellent range.
would be cool to see more beta mid drives.. check out FUTR Beta with Lightning Rods Mid Drive .. :
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89282

(LR is more heavy duty than bafang since it separates the motor from crank bb)
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

cheeko   10 W

10 W

Post by cheeko » Apr 25 2019 9:11pm

JV1967 wrote:
Apr 23 2019 6:51pm
Have a look at the below
https://www.aft-ebike.com
Have some nice kits but there pretty silent and have some good custom made things that go with kit.

40mph is pretty quick and i dont know if the BBSHD will push that much, Will need to look at the above or LR

How many volts and amps you planing on running and depends on rim size etc
24s5P Futr Beta Mxus3k with 24Fet Powervelocity controller (quick)

PRW   10 kW

10 kW

Post by PRW » May 18 2019 1:39am

I am about to put a Edge 1500W motor with FF and hubsinks on a Beta frame. Previously, I was running a LR kit, but I will use the LR kit on a future build, possibly with a left hand belt drive.

With the edge motor, I now need to think about the cassette. I tried a 7 speed freewheel, but it projected past the axle shoulder, and I didn't feel like trying to widen the swingarm. While I will be pedaling along (one of the main reasons for changing from the LR kit), I really don't need multiple gears.

So, I bought a Sunrace 5 speed fw https://www.evanscycles.com/sunrace-ind ... l-00102414, which fits perfectly. I plan on using Rix's / Kepler's idea of a 54T/ 38T chainring, with no front derailleur. I am planning on using a Sunrace long cage 5 speed derailleur http://www.sunrace.com/en/products/detail/rdm15, assuming I can find one.

So, a couple of questions, assuming that I am using the 5 speed:
1. Is anything fundamentally incorrect with the above?
2. Is there an easier rear derailleur system, e.g. using a Shimano 7 speed trigger shift with adjusted stops, or a modern 6 speed system?

thanks!