Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Show off your Ebike creation here.
Trackman417   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 841
Joined: May 05 2011 9:25am
Location: Schenectady, New York

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Trackman417 » Aug 30 2020 7:49pm

Final pick of the bike at 95% completion.

All that needs to be done is tidying up the wires on the inside of the frame (Couldn’t wait any longer).

Couldn’t be happier with this 7 month work in progress. Everything just feels solid. in the next couple months, may swap out the Chinese suspension for name brand, American designed, components

Performance wise, the x5403 With 18fet SW controller absolutely (and silently) hauls ass straight up to 40mph before I chicken out to go any faster.

Poking around for a lighter motor to use when I don’t need “v8” power output all day long. Anyone have leads on these new H50/55 series motors?

Only thing I don’t like is the brakes. I got mt5’s up front and feel as though I didn’t bed them properly as they feel a little “soggy”, until they warm up with a couple solid braking cycles.
Attachments
CCF467CF-253A-44BC-8B95-2F43702EA6B1.jpeg
CCF467CF-253A-44BC-8B95-2F43702EA6B1.jpeg (92.55 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
76A14A95-12AE-412E-96EF-24C98A437BA4.jpeg
76A14A95-12AE-412E-96EF-24C98A437BA4.jpeg (140.09 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
K2 Sidewinder
H4065 36 mph
20s2p 10aH lipo battery pack
If it didn't kill you, it just built your character.
You know your bike is powerful when even you, the builder, can't control it.
Customer 00001 at our very own Bigmooses online store http://mtg-technologies.com/zencart/ Great guy, great products.

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 7024
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Aug 31 2020 11:25am

Trackman417 wrote:
Aug 30 2020 7:49pm
Final pick of the bike at 95% completion.

All that needs to be done is tidying up the wires on the inside of the frame (Couldn’t wait any longer).

Couldn’t be happier with this 7 month work in progress. Everything just feels solid. in the next couple months, may swap out the Chinese suspension for name brand, American designed, components

Performance wise, the x5403 With 18fet SW controller absolutely (and silently) hauls ass straight up to 40mph before I chicken out to go any faster.

Poking around for a lighter motor to use when I don’t need “v8” power output all day long. Anyone have leads on these new H50/55 series motors?

Only thing I don’t like is the brakes. I got mt5’s up front and feel as though I didn’t bed them properly as they feel a little “soggy”, until they warm up with a couple solid braking cycles.
Weird about the MT5, I have them on 2 of my bikes, they stop really well. You may want to bleed the brake and spring for some new pads. When you said they feel soggy until warm tells me the pads may have been minutely exposed to oil, such as the mineral oil in the system.

\ (•◡•) /   10 W

10 W
Posts: 75
Joined: May 29 2017 10:22pm

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by \ (•◡•) / » Aug 31 2020 6:49pm

Trackman417 wrote:
Aug 30 2020 7:49pm
Only thing I don’t like is the brakes. I got mt5’s up front and feel as though I didn’t bed them properly as they feel a little “soggy”, until they warm up with a couple solid braking cycles.
look into sintered pads, I have found them miles better on my hope brakes, I also have ran uberbikes pads and found them to be preety good also (not sure they are better than sintered, probably equal, but for the hope brakes they have cooling fins on the pads which help with fading) :thumb:

wadmasritamam   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 22 2011 6:06pm

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by wadmasritamam » Aug 31 2020 8:18pm

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

My build is finally complete. Top speed is 62mph


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2959
Joined: Jun 26 2011 8:41pm
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Cowardlyduck » Sep 01 2020 3:16am

BEEFY!
That controller is huge! Does the front tire contact it under full compression? Certainly looks like it would.
ebikegarage.com.au - My website
Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.
Cowardlyducks - Videos - Ride videos
BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs - Australia only

wadmasritamam   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 22 2011 6:06pm

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by wadmasritamam » Sep 01 2020 8:04am

Cowardlyduck wrote:BEEFY!
That controller is huge! Does the front tire contact it under full compression? Certainly looks like it would.
There’s no contact even with my aggressive riding style


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

\ (•◡•) /   10 W

10 W
Posts: 75
Joined: May 29 2017 10:22pm

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by \ (•◡•) / » Sep 14 2020 5:11am

Here's some unedited footage of my Futr's front wheel while riding and jumping,
hopefully it's entertaining to some of you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFRFSMUFQH0

User avatar
Allex   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3280
Joined: Dec 05 2011 8:46am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Allex » Sep 14 2020 5:14pm

Beta is the best, so light and so nimble, popping wheelies just like that on tarmac.
NUC12F Controller + leaf 35mm Hubby + 18s18Ah 18650 around 6kW don't need more with this boi!
4 years and still going.
[youtube]o5Q-y6xAIGM[/youtube]

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 7024
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Sep 15 2020 3:34pm

Allex wrote:
Sep 14 2020 5:14pm
Beta is the best, so light and so nimble, popping wheelies just like that on tarmac.
NUC12F Controller + leaf 35mm Hubby + 18s18Ah 18650 around 6kW don't need more with this boi!
4 years and still going.
[
Yah you built a quite a few great machines.

User avatar
Lightbluemk2   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 10
Joined: May 03 2020 1:31am

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Lightbluemk2 » Sep 27 2020 8:54pm

I've been making progress on my first Beta build, which will be my new commuter to replace a BBSHD conversion. I chopped up the side plates similar to the frame, powercoated them black, and added 0.5mm BA stainless accents behind them.

Just finished lacing the leaf 1500w so I threw it under before fitting the rear brake & freewheel. I'll be running a 20s6p pack which should give it plenty of get up and go :)
IMG_20200927_111644.jpg
IMG_20200927_111644.jpg (278.4 KiB) Viewed 952 times

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 7024
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Sep 28 2020 2:25pm

Lightbluemk2 wrote:
Sep 27 2020 8:54pm
I've been making progress on my first Beta build, which will be my new commuter to replace a BBSHD conversion. I chopped up the side plates similar to the frame, powercoated them black, and added 0.5mm BA stainless accents behind them.

Just finished lacing the leaf 1500w so I threw it under before fitting the rear brake & freewheel. I'll be running a 20s6p pack which should give it plenty of get up and go :)

IMG_20200927_111644.jpg
Those side covers look great. Yah, 20s6p running 40-65amp controller will make for a very fun light ride.

User avatar
Lightbluemk2   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 10
Joined: May 03 2020 1:31am

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Lightbluemk2 » Sep 28 2020 6:32pm

Those side covers look great. Yah, 20s6p running 40-65amp controller will make for a very fun light ride
Thanks Rix I hope so too. Just ran into an issue however, the DNP 7 speed sticks out past the shoulder of the axle on my leaf motor so looks like I'll have to order a 6 speed to replace it. The consensus seemed to be that a 7 speed would still fit a 135mm dropout but guess that's not the case

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 7024
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Sep 29 2020 1:24pm

Lightbluemk2 wrote:
Sep 28 2020 6:32pm
Those side covers look great. Yah, 20s6p running 40-65amp controller will make for a very fun light ride
Thanks Rix I hope so too. Just ran into an issue however, the DNP 7 speed sticks out past the shoulder of the axle on my leaf motor so looks like I'll have to order a 6 speed to replace it. The consensus seemed to be that a 7 speed would still fit a 135mm dropout but guess that's not the case
Your 7 speed would with narrower motor like my Mac10, I got 9 speeds on it, but any hub motor with a stator wider than 30mm probably not going to work.

wadmasritamam   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 22 2011 6:06pm

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by wadmasritamam » Oct 06 2020 8:17pm

Lightbluemk2 wrote:I've been making progress on my first Beta build, which will be my new commuter to replace a BBSHD conversion. I chopped up the side plates similar to the frame, powercoated them black, and added 0.5mm BA stainless accents behind them.

Just finished lacing the leaf 1500w so I threw it under before fitting the rear brake & freewheel. I'll be running a 20s6p pack which should give it plenty of get up and go :)
IMG_20200927_111644.jpg
What do you think of your new hub setup compared to the BBSHD. I was thinking of buying one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Lightbluemk2   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 10
Joined: May 03 2020 1:31am

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Lightbluemk2 » Oct 07 2020 9:31pm

wadmasritamam wrote:
Oct 06 2020 8:17pm
Lightbluemk2 wrote:I've been making progress on my first Beta build, which will be my new commuter to replace a BBSHD conversion. I chopped up the side plates similar to the frame, powercoated them black, and added 0.5mm BA stainless accents behind them.

Just finished lacing the leaf 1500w so I threw it under before fitting the rear brake & freewheel. I'll be running a 20s6p pack which should give it plenty of get up and go :)
IMG_20200927_111644.jpg
What do you think of your new hub setup compared to the BBSHD. I was thinking of buying one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new hub's not up and running yet so can't make any judgements

ActiveA   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 09 2020 3:42pm

Ignition via NFID Chip?

Post by ActiveA » Oct 09 2020 3:53pm

Hey guys, first post on the forum! Thanks for having me!

I actually joined for this thread alone, I want to build my first bike for the first time and sink 4-6k (AUD) into it. However what will make my bike different from everyone else on this forum is that I want the bike to start from an NFID Chip which will be buried in my hand! Ill be enlisting the hands of a few friends, one who is nuts on mountain biking and is very knowledgeable on bikes, just not electronic bikes. The other friend is an expert electrician and tech wizard.

I've had my eye on the stealth range for a while now and have decided as much as I'd like the equivalent of a bomber, I probably can't afford it! Is there are starting point in this thread to begin from? It is a little overwhelming. What's the difference between beta and alpha futr frames?

Ideally I want my ride to have both street legal and offroad capabilities, long range (120-150km) and perhaps a top speed of 50-60km an hour. It'll mostly be used on streets and roads with the occasional offroad adventure.

I know you guys must get a million of these, so thanks for any help!

ActiveA

Teeman   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Dec 22 2018 11:58am

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Teeman » Nov 13 2020 2:42pm

look up kickstands for dirt bikes . most clamp on the side of the bike. I used one off a 400 Yamaha. It needed a little modifications but it worked Great.

KarlJ   100 W

100 W
Posts: 212
Joined: Feb 23 2014 7:01am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by KarlJ » Nov 15 2020 11:09pm

Trackman417 wrote:
Aug 30 2020 7:49pm

Poking around for a lighter motor to use when I don’t need “v8” power output all day long. Anyone have leads on these new H50/55 series motors?

Only thing I don’t like is the brakes. I got mt5’s up front and feel as though I didn’t bed them properly as they feel a little “soggy”, until they warm up with a couple solid braking cycles.
I have the UFO 5565 in my bomber, it picks up from a start quicker than the 5403 but top end is down a little and its noisier.
as for bothering to build a lighter bike......

i built a dual suspension bike with a BBSHD for a mate over the weekend, all i can say is its very difficult to go back to a bike with 1/4 the power and 60km/hr vs 90km/hr

Magsy   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 17 2016 5:30pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Magsy » Dec 02 2020 5:48pm

Does anyone have a contact to supply FUTR Beta frame in the UK or EU?

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 7024
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Dec 03 2020 4:02pm

Magsy wrote:
Dec 02 2020 5:48pm
Does anyone have a contact to supply FUTR Beta frame in the UK or EU?
Allex was handling EU. Not sure if he still is.

User avatar
Allex   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3280
Joined: Dec 05 2011 8:46am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Allex » Dec 04 2020 3:32am

Rix wrote:
Dec 03 2020 4:02pm
Magsy wrote:
Dec 02 2020 5:48pm
Does anyone have a contact to supply FUTR Beta frame in the UK or EU?
Allex was handling EU. Not sure if he still is.
Hey, have not seen Jay around, where is he? Does he still handle Futr in AU?

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 7024
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Rix » Dec 04 2020 11:24am

Allex wrote:
Dec 04 2020 3:32am
Rix wrote:
Dec 03 2020 4:02pm
Magsy wrote:
Dec 02 2020 5:48pm
Does anyone have a contact to supply FUTR Beta frame in the UK or EU?
Allex was handling EU. Not sure if he still is.
Hey, have not seen Jay around, where is he? Does he still handle Futr in AU?
Jay is out of the Ebike business. Something with his job status changed and he didn't have the time to continue his HEB company. I keep tabs on FB with him. He is still riding his HEB Beta build when ever he has time.

\ (•◡•) /   10 W

10 W
Posts: 75
Joined: May 29 2017 10:22pm

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by \ (•◡•) / » Dec 18 2020 3:56am

Hello, I hope you are all well,
unfortunately with how busy I am in life, and with a changed financial situation, the time has come and I have decided to sell my Alpha.
Some of you may have already seen my bike, and know the amount of custom work that has gone into it, I planned to keep it forever but without the time to ride it, I feel that it's going to waste.

If you are interested or know anyone that may be, here is a link to the sale post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=109634

Take care.

Tats   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 429
Joined: Apr 17 2014 9:51pm
Location: NOR Perth, worlds best kept secret, Australia

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by Tats » Feb 06 2021 6:57am

Can anyone give me an idea on the real battery space inside a beta please?

The frame spec says 350x100x115 and I’m wondering if a hailong (dolphin/shark) case battery would fit in there. These are around 368 long and 81 wide, em3ev 14s5p is 113 tall and the Luna 4p is 96 tall. The ideal would be custom made maximising space, but these ones are plentiful and cheap, coupled with the option of a baserunner controller I assume it becomes a fast neat build.

I’m guessing 350x110 is the size of the opening.

User avatar
cheeko   100 W

100 W
Posts: 177
Joined: Mar 25 2014 10:59pm
Location: Brisbane AU

Re: Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Post by cheeko » Feb 06 2021 5:51pm

Man I squeezed 24S 7P. But now run 20S7P both fit..
Controller on outside
20S7P Futr Beta 26" Mxus3k with the Unbelievable Nucular 12F

Post Reply