BMC Thunderbolt 600W showcase video

For anyone interested, here is a little offroad demo video I shot today with the new BMC Thunderbolt 600W motor on our top of the line MTB. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiX8HNmx6Mg

Nice off road action. Thanks for posting. Need to work on the wind noise in the audio. :wink:

It's always hard to estimate grades from a video. How steep are those roads?

Nice video, I wish the weather here could be like that...

Try fixing the camera to your helmet for the next vid.

Hi

Nice video!! thanks for posting and as usual the BMC stomps up the hills! that bike is sweet as well, you are a brave man riding one handed!! I have tried that before its tricky! but not done it off road so well done to ya! keep the videos coming.

Knoxie

hi-powercycles said:
For anyone interested, here is a little offroad demo video I shot today with the new BMC Thunderbolt 600W motor on our top of the line MTB. Enjoy!

Wow ... !!! After watching that video, I want one of those electric motors ... !!! Now to find the best price ...

hi-powercycles said:

What other electric motors would be comparable to the 600W Thunderbolt?

vja4Him said:
hi-powercycles said:

Wow ... !!! After watching that video, I want one of those electric motors ... !!! Now to find the best price ...

You and me both! That would be a great motor for you, but you'll have to up your budget stated in the other thread if you want a nice lithium battery to go with it. Hey this company isn't too far from you. Ride out there and see if they'll let you take a test ride 8)

Great looking video. I'm a bit jealous!!!

Is there a warranty / guarantee on the new BMC's composite gears for a certain length of time or distance if the motor is run at a certain voltage & current limit?

For anyone that did not already know, KNOXIE is the man!!!

He is a big part of why I got into the business of high performance electric bikes. When I was back at the University of California Davis, I had gotten meningitis and was very sick. I looked for alternative ways of getting to class, because riding my bike normally was extremely difficult and I would arrive to class sweaty and completely lapsed of energy. I stumbled upon his videos of the KMX, and the sweet 48v kollmorgen he modified. That inspired me to get the kollmorgen motor, but I read the magnets could fly apart at 48+ volts, so I decided on the Powerpack motor kit.... The rest is history! So thank you Knoxie for introducing me to the world of high performance e-biking!

hi-powercycles said:
For anyone that did not already know, KNOXIE is the man!!!

He is a big part of why I got into the business of high performance electric bikes. When I was back at the University of California Davis, I had gotten meningitis and was very sick. I looked for alternative ways of getting to class, because riding my bike normally was extremely difficult and I would arrive to class sweaty and completely lapsed of energy. I stumbled upon his videos of the KMX, and the sweet 48v kollmorgen he modified. That inspired me to get the kollmorgen motor, but I read the magnets could fly apart at 48+ volts, so I decided on the Powerpack motor kit.... The rest is history! So thank you Knoxie for introducing me to the world of high performance e-biking!

Wow ... what a small world ... I had meningitis really bad about six years ago ... I almost died from the meningtits. I think it did something to me, because I've haven't had the energy or stamina that I used to have ... I have to be very careful when I bicycle. Can't work up a good sweat for very long. Plus I have terrible chest pains when I exert myself too much ...

I would like to invest as much as I can, depending on how much my tax return is. I'd like to find out exactly what is available as far as high quality, long-lasting, high performance, electric motors that I can use on my Electra Townie.

What are some other electric motors that would be a good choice ... ???

Back