my first e-bike

fuhrro

1 µW
Hello all
Been lurking on this forum for a little while now and thought I'd share my e bike project.

I purchased a second hand cruiser bike in Oct 2014. The bike is pretty stock and contrary to the photo has both fenders. The main reason I got this bike was that it already had the triple fork setup for the look I was wanting.

View attachment 10

Step 1 involved removing everything from the bike to get the bare frame in preparation from painting
Picture2.jpg

Once everything was off, I used a broomstick handle and an umbrella outdoor table. Placing the broomstick in the umbrella hole I lowered the frame onto the broom stick via the seatpost tube. This gave me the ability swivel the frame around easily when sanding and painting
Picture2.jpg

With some application of paint stripper and the use of a scraper, I worked away at getting the old paint off.
Picture3.jpg

Using spray can paint – I painted the frame in a “Royal Blue”
Picture4.jpg

Completed painting, then I just put back some of the components including the new Brooks seat and handle grips to get an idea what its going to look like. Have put in the order for the Fat Frank Schwalbe tires in cream, which should look awesome.
Picture5.jpg

Schwable fat frank Balloon tyres arrived couldn’t wait to see what it looks like, have to say I’m pretty impressed and love the classic look the tyres give. Handlebars are ladies cruiser style turned upside down.
Picture6.jpg

The first headlamp arrived broken, so I sent them a photo of the broken light, they good about it and sent me another, properly packaged this time. Installed the LED headlamp, this required a little bending of the bracket that it came with and using some self seating screws.

Picture7.jpg

These handle bars I think, are a bit too low and have ordered the Humpert Toulouse handlebar made in Germany which will give a more upright stance to the rider.

Got the Humpert handlebar and Installed, this gives a little more of an upright stance. I like the look
Picture8.jpg

ordered the magic pie 5 motor with blue tooth
View attachment 1

came up with this as the best battery nount option
Picture10.jpg

stay tuned i'll post more pics soon

cheers
fuhrro

Back