Another Harpeth Bike Club Ride (Percy Warner Park)

knightmb

100 kW
Google Video Here
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2053333023169322508

Sorry that it doesn't provide a download link, I'm trying to get an answer from Google on why. But for now, all that works is the streaming video player.

Again, another video meant for the bike club, but since I was going electric the whole way, I thought I would show it here.

This is the park that has some very steep and curvy hills. I wish I could plot this on the gmaps but it's hard to overlay the park route on gmaps to get an elevation reading since it's so curvy and steep.

Anyway, it's a bumpy video that seems to be insanely fast at some places because it's a one lane road through the woods basically. And yes, some of the curves did almost have my knee into the ground, so I had to back off with some brakes so it looks like the camera is going to fall off, but no one got hurt. I was probably going a little faster than I should in some areas, but it was still fun.

Knightmb, how fast can a road biker pedal through the gearing and keep up like on a downhill before they run out of gearing?

D-Man said:
Knightmb, how fast can a road biker pedal through the gearing and keep up like on a downhill before they run out of gearing?
My bike has been modified to top out at 35 MPH (had the local bike shop do this for me recently since I upgraded to the 406 motor). The other people in the club tell me 30 MPH is their top speed before pedaling has no effect (can't pedal fast enough to keep up). That applies to most of the members, some members ride for a lot of these local bike events and claim their bikes are geared for 50 MPH top speed. After looking at their bikes, I can see why. Huge front sprocket and tiny back sprockets as compared to mine anyway, LOL.

I'm not up on the technical specs for bikes, so I don't know exactly how to spec out my front sprocket or back to give you an idea of what the bike shop did. I concentrate more on the hub motor and electronics. About the best I could do is take pictures, but basically I had the front sprocket upgraded to the largest they could find. When I switch into my highest gear, it's very strange to be going downhill at 30 MPH and still have to struggle to pedal to make the bike go faster because the gearing is so high now, :D

Back