Neematic - 20kW middrive bike

Show off your E-bike creation here.
courcheval
10 W
10 W

Re: Neematic - 20kW middrive bike

Post by courcheval » Aug 12, 2017 5:20 am

I m interested in Neematic for the same reason.

Bought a second hand bomber, got the battery changed to 54 Ah 60v, got the motor changed to a torque one, but i m living in a ski resort and the bike keeps overheating way too quickly, preventing me from enjoying the bike park that ski slopes offer in summer time, limiting my exploration areas to large tracks around my altitude (120 degrees celsius reached after 300 m climb).Add to this the insecurity of a flat rear tyre in the middle of nowhere forcing you to push the bike on heavy slopes for kilometers! I contacted stealth when they launched their last kickstarter campain for their lighter machine, told them that i d be more than happy to contribute to a campain for a powerfull mid drive quality bike, but it is not in their plans. I was really happy to see that finally a start up was trying to develop that needed machine, and moreover in Europe! Time is not an issue for me either.
Tench s prototype Number 2 : http://www.electricbike.com/specialized-super-charged/ In repairs
Stealth Bomber Number 170 -working-
Stealth Fighter Number 099 -Stolen (Chile)-

rene
10 µW
10 µW

Post by rene » Aug 12, 2017 6:15 pm

courcheval wrote:I m interested in Neematic for the same reason.

Bought a second hand bomber, got the battery changed to 54 Ah 60v, got the motor changed to a torque one, but i m living in a ski resort and the bike keeps overheating way too quickly, preventing me from enjoying the bike park that ski slopes offer in summer time, limiting my exploration areas to large tracks around my altitude (120 degrees celsius reached after 300 m climb).Add to this the insecurity of a flat rear tyre in the middle of nowhere forcing you to push the bike on heavy slopes for kilometers! I contacted stealth when they launched their last kickstarter campain for their lighter machine, told them that i d be more than happy to contribute to a campain for a powerfull mid drive quality bike, but it is not in their plans. I was really happy to see that finally a start up was trying to develop that needed machine, and moreover in Europe! Time is not an issue for me either.

Hello,
there are a lot of options to cool a middrive down.
On my first prototype I designed an air turbine 1500 l/min cooling system. It works great. I can create an internal air stream over 120km/h.
Look :
https://youtu.be/qCAUfCtuXqs

This cooling products got the highest efficency:

http://www.alutronic.de/produkte/powerblocs

alswiseowl
100 W
100 W

Post by alswiseowl » Dec 29, 2017 3:46 am

awesome nematic team on you ebike
this is hands down my favorite electric bicycle..
would you guys be willing to do a special endless sphere group price on the neematic
great work
Alex

macribs
1 GW
1 GW

Post by macribs » Dec 29, 2017 4:54 am

I am not even sure that Neematic will ever come to market. While Neematic took its sweet time, doing who knows what, others did work hard and fast to come out quicker to the market. We now got the Sur Ron, but also the EU made LMX bike, which will be be even road legal for eu moped m1 class.

Add the very long silence from the Neematic company and things does not see very bright out for the Neematic bike. My thoughts on this is Neematic will never be a real world product you can buy and ride. If I am totally wrong and you got information saying different pls post in this thread so I get to know how wrong I was. That would actually make me happy.
Last edited by macribs on Dec 29, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

brumbrum
10 kW
10 kW

Post by brumbrum » Dec 29, 2017 9:28 am

It does seem it has missed its opportunity, and the price is high(maybe to become higher) compared to other middrive options out there now. Perhaps all the RnD will pay off in the end with a faultless and minding blowing bike, but the anticipation and hype has been long lost.

macribs
1 GW
1 GW

Post by macribs » Dec 29, 2017 10:40 am

Yeah it is about two years since the rumors about Neematic started floating. And since then all we've seen is release date being pushed back furter and further. For me that has the smell of vaporware all over it.

I remember back in uni a professor told us that when making anything, a service, a product or whatever you could possible make money of by offering it to the public there is no such thing as a perfect product. Because perfect will get in the way of an actual product launch. Just good enough was more then adequate for a product launch and should be the de facto standard to measure up against according to him. Then improve upon releases.

alswiseowl
100 W
100 W

Post by alswiseowl » Dec 29, 2017 8:59 pm

damn shame cause the nematic looked the goods

scrambler
100 W
100 W

Post by scrambler » Dec 29, 2017 10:53 pm

alswiseowl wrote:
Dec 29, 2017 8:59 pm
damn shame cause the nematic looked the goods
Heavy Sights .....

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Dec 31, 2017 8:04 pm

mailed them more then once....never got an answer.
all you can see is their facebook or instatram shit pics and videos. minimum since a year.
the bike runs, what are they waiting for?
theres not really a single reason why it took that long.
quality parts, yes...but all parts simple buyable.

i would understand it if theres not even a prototype running.
but their sample in the videos looks like working.

cmon ...its not an F1 car....

frocking controller running with a mid-drive. nothing new.

...but hey....they had their chance...waited enough....they dont wanted my money, so i put it LMX in the throat =)

macribs
1 GW
1 GW

Post by macribs » Dec 31, 2017 9:15 pm

Meanwhile somewhere in France on the LMX plant somebody works hard getting even more versions of their bike road legal....

I am not saying there won't be room for Neematic, because that could very well be the case. But oter companies are putting similar ideas into production bikes and are ready to hit the market. Could someone pls give Neematic a wake up call? I really would like to see them reach the market.