Enduro Ebike frame build

Long time without building since I've been very busy working etc but finally decided to pull the trigger on one of the EEB enduro ebike frames and started ordering components and putting stuff together.

Lots of thanks to powervelocity.com for the questions answered and support given with the purchase of the frame. Also to the other 19" moped thread creators that provided all the links and products to put this thing together. I'll try to update as I go.

This frame will be a cruiser frame for running errands and doing some light city commuting on paved roads. Max range I'm looking for is 40 miles and the winding of the motor should get me to 50mph at 72V loaded so we'll see how this all pans out.

Battery pack is now being sourced as well as the controller. Recently I bought a 18 fet lyen controller from another member here and a Clyte 4065 for a good price locally and I think the 18 fet will be ok for testing but later would like to get a 24 fet to push higher speeds for more time.

The motor laced into a 19 moped rim and front 19in rim were purchased from china enduro bike. It is supposed to be a 3kw motor with thick phase wires, temp sensor, and double halls with a 7 speed freewheel option that works with the frame. I know this is a bit dumb to have 7 speeds with such a robust bike but I think of it as an emergency fail scenario were I'd have to pedal home I rather have 7 speeds than a single freewheel.

Tires are shinko 244 with liners and kenda tubes.

To do; install the stem, handlebar, brakes, crankset etc

I just came back from Costa Rica so parts are being ordered :D

Pictures as always. Pardon the house as all the baseboards are gone and the tile floor will be replaced in the next coming weeks.

I have this frame too.

What kick stand are you using and how does it attach to the frame ?

Kudos

kudos said:
I have this frame too.

What kick stand are you using and how does it attach to the frame ?

Kudos

I got the kickstand from powervelocity.com. When you remove the side cover look at the very bottom of the frame and there will be a nut welded in there but covered by the bottom plastic. You need to drill the plastic from the outside being careful not to drill into the threads. The kickstand then attaches from the outside with one bolt. At the moment no matter how tight it is sometimes it moves when retracted but it still holds the bike. I have to figure out how to keep it in place.

Still need lots of parts to finish the bike but it is taking shape and I'm liking the end result a lot.

If you would be so kind what is the distance from the top of the frame to the ground
Please and thank you , and yes it looks really good keep the pic coming , I am looking to build this frame with the dual front disk brake bnm usd8 front forks

I ordered a similar motor from china, however, I can't figure our all of the wiring and they didn't send any instructions. How did you figure it out?

What battery and controller did you use? Do you have pics on how you installed the components? Your build really interests me because I want to do something similar but I can't figure out how to assemble all the parts. Any instructions would be helpful.

Hi, I joined the forum because I've just bought my my own Enduro frame, however there's something that really bothers me. Did you have any trouble installing the swing arm? Mine is loose, even though I think I have tightened the bolts as much as I can.

Do you maybe have pics uploaded somewhere else? Photobucket started charging for storing photos and now it's all corrupted unless you pay.

I wanna buy a new swing arm, but not sure which source is reputable, What's the difference between Leili vehicleparts and Enduroebike.com?

I bought mine on aliexpress and that was obviously a HUGE mistake :(

I have the same question plus what's the different in suspension travel between all the different brand enduro frames.i often hear the enduro style e bike frame, ie called "Stealth bomer clone" but none of them seem to have a swing arm that's like the Stealth Bomer or the rear suspension travel of the Bomer. I may be wrong and would love someone to explain why each swing arm is set up the way it is regarding swing arm pivot location in relation to shock types and shock mounting location.

It’s going to be hard to get an definite answer. There are too many types and clones of clones. It seems most have a upper shock mount that can be moved up or down so your distance is adjustable. I’d think a spacer may be needed at some point, or a longer upper mount arm to position the shock more away from the frame. Also true mountain bike rear suspension is ideal to not have the cranks on the swingarm so your knees don’t bend with the suspension travel. Seems most have the cranks on the swingarm now, probably good for a mid drive so the suspension isn’t compressed by the motor power. Only 1 1/8” headsets and not real fat bike widths for the swingarm make this frame a no no for me. $250 on eBay is appealing but... mostly option here take with grain of salt please.

Back