My current ebike instrument "panel"

Show off your E-bike creation here.
WoodlandHills   10 kW

10 kW

My current ebike instrument "panel"

Post by WoodlandHills » Jul 15 2016 5:09pm

I think I have finally settled on a display system that works well for me and my needs. I am using the same basic setup on my recumbent as well as on my two eMTBs.
image.jpeg
Dashboard front
image.jpeg
Dashboard rear showing mount and carbon tube
I am using the Bafang 961 display on both eMTBs since it has the three button remote that I like so much, the recumbent has a Magic Pie 5 so I don't need a Bafang display to run the motor. I have three Garmin mounts so I can swap it between bikes for accurate odometer readings and a Bayite power meter from eBay on each bike.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/bayite-DC-6-5-1 ... SwQjNW-0cK
image.jpeg
Power meter
I have the Bafang displays calibrated so that the speed in kph is within .2mph of the actual speed in mph......
image.jpeg
Full panel
The alloy mount is from eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TrustFire-Bicyc ... SwB4NWxUJr

The carbon tube I used with the mount is a crash repair part for a Talon drone and was only $20 for two 500mm pieces:

ARRIS 22mm Outer Dia. 500mm 3K Roll Wrapped 100% Carbon Fiber Tube 20mm*22mm*500mm Matt Surface (2 PCS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TF8V5MU/re ... Ixb7B4JMBE

cal3thousand   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Re: My current ebike instrument "panel"

Post by cal3thousand » Jul 15 2016 7:02pm

Neat!

I think I have the same bars.

What (tire size, I assume) setting on the bafang are you using to get the calibration?
Get a Cycle Analyst and a Multimeter, you're still a noob if you don't have at least one of each.

Planning on posting questions or buying anything on this site? Put up your country (at minimum) on your profile. This is a worldwide forum and we haven't reached clairvoyance.

WoodlandHills   10 kW

10 kW

Post by WoodlandHills » Jul 16 2016 12:28pm

cal3thousand wrote:Neat!

I think I have the same bars.

What (tire size, I assume) setting on the bafang are you using to get the calibration?
I have no idea....... I just made the changes progressively for each bike while comparing to the GPS until they were as close as possible. The tire sizes are very different so I know the settings are different on each bike. This means I still have a decent speedometer when I want to ride w/o the GPS or if the batteries in the Garmin die enroute.

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh » Jul 16 2016 4:10pm

Kick down the barricades Listen what the kids say.
From time to time people change their minds But the Frock is here to stay.
I've seen it all from the bottom to the top Everywhere I go the kids wanna Frock.
Around the world or around the block Everywhere I go the kids wanna Frock.

WoodlandHills   10 kW

10 kW

Post by WoodlandHills » Jul 17 2016 1:56am

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh wrote:bycle
Having a camera on the handlebars is a stupid idea, smartphone or otherwise. The picture would be constantly moving and twitching due to the steering corrections that are need to ride a bicycle to say nothing of the shock from the road/trail. Far better to put a camera on the helmet so the picture follows the head if not always the eyes. As far as tracking my ride, Strava does than now for free. Good luck: they say one is born every minute, perhaps enough will hear about your new venture to keep you from have to actually work for a living like the rest of us.....