LR Big Block and Luna Cargo Frame

Keep the pics and updates coming, been contemplating something similar. Can't wait to see your progress. Thanks for posting.

What are your plans on compressing the dropout enough to keep the wheel in it?

I recently received one of these frames and noticed that the dropout is more like 140mm.
That's a problem with a quick release wheel.

Nice frame otherwise. It just needs a special axle.

neptronix said:
What are your plans on compressing the dropout enough to keep the wheel in it?
I recently received one of these frames and noticed that the dropout is more like 140mm.

Hello Neptronix, you are right, my rear dropout is also 140mm, perhaps i will add washers, i will see tonight

jpgey said:
unfortunately no, but this is not an issue

I found that trimming off the two middle mounting tabs allowed my battery to drop right in. There's no need for six bolts to hold the side panel on.

What rear hub / gear system are you planning on? So far I've run an N360 (broke it on my first hard ride by accidentally punching the throttle) and the Nexus 3. The Nexus 3 has only seen very light duty after I modified it to fit the frame and increased its durability by JB Welding the sprocket onto the freewheel. I'll update the details in my build thread soon.

The only real options for gearing are single speed, the new LR gears that Mike is developing, or the Rohloff.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Back