Commuter

pomah

10 W
Hey guys, wanted to share my build with you all, after all you did help me to build it.

Short background and then pictures, I have 10km to work, I built my first this year, I used my 2011 scott sub 40 as base and got a hold of a used falco 500W kit, I used it for a while but never managed to get the tourque sensor to work properly, it over heated after 8km in one easy sentence it took the fun out of riding my "new" ebike...

But then I turned 30 and decided to treat myself with something special, I bought the controller I wanted, the motor I wanted and installed it on my favoritte bike.

So far I have 100km in this bike and I really like it, I'm happy I choose the 10t instead of the 8t, speed is perfect for my commute and it just has so much torque..., here are some stats:

Controller: Phaserunner
Motor: Mac 10t, 0,27 lam
Max speed: 45 km/h
Battery: 11,8 Ah 48V, built by Allex (thank you)
Bike: Scott Sub 40, 2011
Weight: 23 kg

Pictures:
IMG_20161223_141257.jpg

IMG_20161223_141329.jpg

IMG_20161223_141348.jpg

IMG_20161223_141338.jpg

IMG_20161223_141320.jpg

IMG_20161223_141313.jpg

Nicely done, looks great!

Nice setup; I love a good commuter build. Just curious; do find you have enough braking power?

Nice light build mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwd said:
Nice setup; I love a good commuter build. Just curious; do find you have enough braking power?

I have no issues with looking my rear wheel, or front, but it is a different brake distance compared to my car, so you have to adapt.

On my next build, when ever that is going to be I will most likely go with disc brakes.

I'm mostly impressed with the power of the mac motor, I have it not limited to 25A, and 50A phase. It does around 42km/h with no issues, and when I was riding this the other day we had winds of up to 20m/s (strom warning) and this bike still went on at 38 km/h, sure at double the power but still managed to keep up. Really impressed.

Update 1000km into the commuting.

So far so good, had some issues with the BMS, but that was during 1 charge and has not happened since...

V-brake pads has been changed 1 time, front and back and chain was replaced in the beginning since it was old and for an 8 speed setup, I now have a 9 speed.

Max speed so far has been 52 km/h in a light downhill. Normal cruising speed is around 42km/h with headwind. Tailwind gives me a speed of 46km/h but a much lower power consumption.

Phaserunner is set at 25A, no issues with having it in a bag, it does get hot after 20km/h at max speed/effect, but seems to do alright.

The combination of a phaserunner with a mac motor makes a very quite and light ebike.

Hi some updates now after 2000km

I had to change the connectors between battery and controller from APP to XT90-s, anti-spark connector. Works as a charm now. See attached images of the melted APP.
IMG_20170508_170632.jpg
To be clear here, this becaue I had to disconnect the battery to charge almost every day. The APP that are between the controller and motor are all good.

One spooke on the rear wheel broke, so I had to order a new one and true the wheel. Not sure if it is bad luck or what ever.

I managed to get the issue with the BMS conforimed, had a mutlimeter around, solution was to make sure I charged the batter for a longer period from time to time and the issue seems to be gone.

Seems like the phasrunner has some calibration error, when set to e.g. 1000W it limits to 900W and not 1000W as it should, but I can live with that.

Change my rear rear tire from a 622x37 to a 622x47, the DM24 rim really needs a wide tire...

Back