LMX 161

bzhwindtalker

100 kW
Here some pictures of our newest MX model, we are working on road legal certifications in Europe for it. This is the evolution of the oringinal steel and chro-mo framed LMX 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3. We tweaked the rider position with lower footpegs and went with 6061-T6 frame for weight savings. The frame weight is 6.5kg instead of 10.2kg for the older steel frames.

We have a linkage suspension with progressive leverage rate 4-1.3, makes it practically impossible to bottom out and still has great smooth response on the woops/small bumps.

The transmission is 15-94T in #219 chain, noise level is quite good on this one, most you can hear is the motor winding up like an angry vacuum cleaner or low pressure turbo!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRleocqle5I/

the battery is 16S10P with panasonic PF cells, we draw 150A peak for testing purposes. We have recorded some rides with an analogger, the battery does not go over 45°, however the motor takes a beating and heats to 75°C in about 30 mins of hard offroading at 7500w peak with 2 riders taking turns. That is why we have bigger motors coming, also with 0.35mm laminations instead of 0.5mm.

screenshot-docs.google.com 2017-03-14 09-20-50.png

file.php

file.php

Since this machine has footpegs and no pedals, shouldn't this thread be moved to the electric motorcycle forum? Irregardless of the power, if it can't be pedaled, it's not a bicycle.........

WoodlandHills said:
Since this machine has footpegs and no pedals, shouldn't this thread be moved to the electric motorcycle forum? Irregardless of the power, if it can't be pedaled, it's not a bicycle.........
It may still meet the legal definition of 'bicycle' in some places. I don't pedal my legal ebike.

Great use of triangulation in the frame! That rear shock and seat support meet at the point of triangles instead of in the middle of a spar, like a lot of ebike frames we see.

The rise of the motor temperature to 75°C in 30min is not that bad. Is it measured on the windings?

take Samsung 30Q for the battery and the temperature will stay very close to ambient (+ you will have more power due to lower sag). 15A from a PF is too much, while the 30Q will laugh over it.

have you considered already the 21700 format?
The Samsung 30T seems to be a great high power cell, and more will be coming in future (tesla).

madin88 said:
The rise of the motor temperature to 75°C in 30min is not that bad. Is it measured on the windings?

take Samsung 30Q for the battery and the temperature will stay very close to ambient (+ you will have more power due to lower sag). 15A from a PF is too much, while the 30Q will laugh over it.

have you considered already the 21700 format?
The Samsung 30T seems to be a great high power cell, and more will be coming in future (tesla).

The temp was measured on the outer casing, but since it is an in-runner motor the homogeneity between casing and windings should be quite OK (better than for a hub)

Yes, we sell the PF packs for 100A peak only (10A per cell peak)
In any case 45° for the battery measured on the cells is not bad IMO. At 1C continuous I measured higher temps than that on both the PF and 30Q batts.

We considered the 2170, it would allow us to run 16S9P. It makes sense if we can source 2170 cells over 3.5AH. For now we do not have any EU supplier of 2170 cells. With The 5400MAH cells tesla will be getting this would be a 2.8KWH battery :wink:

The Sanyo NCR20700A seems like a great choice for high performance, 30A max continuous yet 3100mAh.
If more mAh is needed the Sanyo NCR20700B has 42500 mAh and 15A or 20A max discharge. Don't know if the 15A or 20A is correct as I've seen both.
I think we will see more 20700 builds this year as it seems they are about to become widely available.

Nkon have the Sanyo NCR20700B in stock. Shipping from Netherlands. Probably will get NCR20700A as well any day soon.

Back