XS Trek Marlin 5 650b Conversion

This will be a conversion of my wife's Trek Marlin 5, 13.5" frame, 650b wheels.

I've ordered a 1500 watt hub motor from Leili with the color TFT screen and RFID keys. My wife isn't interested in high speed, but wanted something so she could ride with me.

I'm somewhat concerned with battery and controller placement as there isn't much space in the triangle for 48V of hobbyking 16ah packs (3ea 4s packs). I'll probably fit it with a top tube pannier to house both batteries and controller.

Open to suggestions, especially from anyone who has converted such a small frame to electeic. I'll post more photos as parts start to arrive.
53d42438d30bcee8e8cbb3a1f49b7e88.jpg

Received the motor/wheel kit today, but unfortunately it makes a loud rubbing sound. It sounds like from behind the freewheel. I'm guessing it is a bearing but haven't dug into it. Installing washers doesn't help and I haven't cinched down the axle nuts yet. Hasn't been powered on yet either.

I sent the following video to the manufacturer but wanted to get more opinions from the experts here.

https://youtu.be/nSiSRK3sHjU

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ok, I figured out the 7 speed is just a shade too wide for the axle in this setup. I had to turn down a washer so that it would fit inside the freehub against the axle shoulder. Noise is gone.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Back