Radwagon owners thread

tec4757

10 µW
Finally decided to jump on the wagon and get a radwagon cargo bike. It will be here this week so i figured i would get a owners thread started so we can all share our pics and upgrades :DOrangeWagon_LeftSide_grande.jpg

For you next bike you may want to consider building you own E-Bike. You can save a lot of money. I am considering the RADROVER bike. But at $1500, it is not anywhere on my priority list. I only paid $850 for my current bike. I got an entry level mountain bike with disc brakes and replaced the plastic rear deraileur and plastic crankset, and managed to get a decent battery. I got a 48V 15Ah Li-ion battery on top of that. I am probably going to get a bigger one, probably a 20Ah or 25Ah battery. i got a good sturdy frame and upgraded a lot of parts. I might add a better controller, motor, and front fork at some point. For a budget of $1500 you can do far better than what I did. Especially with good sourcing of quality parts at good prices.

teslanv said:
Tough to find all the parts for a Cargo bike like that for under $1500.
Uhh, challenge considered, found too easily feasible to accept. :D

Anyway, cool bike OP what are you gonna use it for?

flat tire said:
teslanv said:
Uhh, challenge considered, found too easily feasible to accept. :D

Not sayin' that's a decent cargo bike, but where do you get a decent cargo bike for less than $1000, without motor or battery?

Yuba mundo $1120 shipped
Surly big dummy frame $950... complete bike over 2k
Add an ebike kit and the cost would be more than the radwagon

Sure i could have built any old bike for cheaper but the cargo frame is what i really wanted for the extra room to carry camping gear . I also ordered the yepp child seat adapter so my son can ride along.

The purpose if this thread was for Radwagon owners but i see now where its going :lol:

teslanv said:
I just meant an E-Bike. Not necessarily a cargo bike E-Bike. I don't know the pricing on cargo bike, I never looked into them before.

Back