Kaffenback Commuter

PRW

100 kW
put together a Kaffenback cyclocross style commuter, with 700x35c tires, Mac 10T, Thun sensor, and Luna Mighty Mini 52v 6ah battery. Steel torque dropouts. The EM3EV controller and battery are both hung off the Brooks saddle.

Commute is only 3.5 miles each way, so I wanted something light, and a bit more subtle than the Phasor. The idea was that it looks like a non-electric bike at first glance.

I haven't weighed it yet - but feels so light and nimble...

View attachment 1
IMG_1813.JPG

Hey PRW, nice build. Very neat & stealthy.
I'd be happy to ride that to the Cafe N Back!

AussieRider

I consider your idea executed successfully- I almost scrolled down thinking the first picture was pre-conversion. Great job!

ninepointeight said:
I consider your idea executed successfully- I almost scrolled down thinking the first picture was pre-conversion. Great job!
Well, glad to hear it works - thanks for your comments!

Looks slick...my next build I want to experiment with is gonna be similar to this, but a 52V 20ah lipo in a backpack with a 14T single speed belt drive

stateofstatic said:
Looks slick...my next build I want to experiment with is gonna be similar to this, but a 52V 20ah lipo in a backpack with a 14T single speed belt drive
nice - single speed belt drive would look very minimalistic!

Missed this the first time around; nice job. The 10-Mac must provide a nice boost at 52V.

Back