Vlog Sweden riding hard snow 2018 update 17/3/2018

Sweden_Rob

100 mW
Welcome to Swedish high preformance e-bike building

Now its time to make another bike. This time we are going to build it on qulbix new q76 frame.
We gonna make the building as a video series.

Setup:
Frame: qulbix new 76
Motor: Mxus v3 prepped with ferrofluid
Motor rim: 24" Halo SaS with special orderd high quality stainless steel spokes produced here in Sweden.
Batteries: 22s7p Samsunt 25R
Controller: Adaptto max-e (e-bikes starts to get fun over 8kw :wink: )

Vlog1: Introduction of the project!
[youtube]nE8gF973y-g[/youtube]

Bonus clip: A nice little short clip about the first bike.
[youtube]075Jj9vbWeo[/youtube]

Vlog2: Battery building with spotwelding
[youtube]aZ4FksI5mK8[/youtube]

Vlog3: Minimum requirement of tools when soldering connectors.
In many cases, the first time you do something you cant imagine all the problems you are going to face.
That is why I put together this video, so if you are new at this, maby building the first bike for yourself.
You can see what kinds of tools you need to have for a good soldering work.
If you think I miss something, i would like you to comment below.
[youtube]ekirEmqF48Y[/youtube]

Vlog4: Connect Adaptto controller with domino throttle.
Dont forget to put in the resistor, otherwise you can not calibrate the throttle
[youtube]A9XEygTNeVg[/youtube]

Vlog5: A look at the new q76 frame
just got the package out and want to share my first view on it!
[youtube]Ntz-H-ZTfXs[/youtube]

Thanks for wathing!

Vlog7: Professional Lacing! Mxus 3k hubmotor with Halo Sas 36h Bicycle rim.

Here is a video when we getting the motors back professional laced with spokes produces with right length and angels for the mxus motor with Halo Sas 24" 36 holes bicycle rim. We waited 2 months so this guy could do the work for us.
I was really tired to drive on a bad laced rim where the spokes loosen up all the time.
Now when I have tested the rim its amazing how straight and strong it feels.
Perhaps problem with the backwheel has end forever

[youtube]ai0vEYlBrTk[/youtube]

More videos from building is comming up soon!
The bike is readdy to drive. It was a bit hectic to get it readdy before our roadtrip.
We was in Visby with the bikes. Had the gopro with me so we release a little visby trip here!
Hope you enjoy! The Island is awsome when its comes to bikerideing.

Bonus video: Trip to Visby
[youtube]j_oAFahLI2c[/youtube]

Love the style with the honda in the little cart . Gotland is a nice place to visit. Did you have any problems with the cops?

Ajsomfan said:
Love the style with the honda in the little cart . Gotland is a nice place to visit. Did you have any problems with the cops?

Yoo yes its a cool little electric producer. Gotland is awsome, no problem with cops there. if you drive carefully when you are around people no one bother, and the cops there is mostly around the clubs. otherwise we didnt see any cops.

It was a time since last!
I have burned adaptto controllers like an assebly line. To much water this summer.
When I get my controllers back Im going to shoot a video how im going to make it waterproof cause this makes me crazy!
While I waiting for my controllers to come back I took Patricias bike for a ride.
Enjoy!

Bonus video: The golden bike for a ride!
[youtube]riquH2X6jqw[/youtube]

Thanks for all your videos rob, enjoyed them all.

I'm also building a Q76R and wondering your thoughts on batteries. You seem to use the plastic cell spacers on your builds. Would you recommend this method over laying them like a honeycomb and gluing them? Is removing a bad cell almost a guarantee in a pack? I hate to go thru all the troubling of gluing and packing them in there only to find I regret not being able to easily extract a bad cell.

I'm using Samsung 25R cells as you are, I bought 250 just to be sure.

I hate to reinvent the wheel as you've shown your packs work and I'm dealing with exactly the same frame.

I was inclined to building them with glue and get the extra capacity 20S12P but now I'm thinking maybe I give up capacity for convenience in repair.

Thanks

sailah said:
Thanks for all your videos rob, enjoyed them all.

I'm also building a Q76R and wondering your thoughts on batteries. You seem to use the plastic cell spacers on your builds. Would you recommend this method over laying them like a honeycomb and gluing them? Is removing a bad cell almost a guarantee in a pack? I hate to go thru all the troubling of gluing and packing them in there only to find I regret not being able to easily extract a bad cell.

I'm using Samsung 25R cells as you are, I bought 250 just to be sure.

I hate to reinvent the wheel as you've shown your packs work and I'm dealing with exactly the same frame.

I was inclined to building them with glue and get the extra capacity 20S12P but now I'm thinking maybe I give up capacity for convenience in repair.

Thanks

Hey! Nice to hear about your build!
I would say use plastic cell spacer, probibly you never going need battery change, if you made it good and everything. But a good thing is that the cells get much better cooling with space between them. The cells get up in temerature while driving hard and charging. I would say use plasticspacers. But if you want high capacity you maby want to glue them.
First I had 9p then I went to 7p. This because I want good flow between the cell packs and short cabels.
The other thing is the weight. 7p is okey but it would be nice to have an even smaler battpack.
Drove alex bicycle for a couple days ago. His bike is around 30 kg. The bike was so freaking fun to drive cause the low weight. and when he runs on 7,5 kw its as mine on 10 kw.
Dont build to big and heavy at the beginning. Many do this and then they realise that the bike feels like a scooter moped.
The third thing is you always want it to be easy to lift in and out the bat package from the frame.

What controller are you going to ride on?

Hi rob, thanks for your info.

I feel like I've already got a heavy bike with the QS205 motor and moto rims. Plus I'm not a lightweight either.

I will get some spacers and see how I like it.

I'm using a power velocity 18F controlller from Vad here in US. I'm still waiting on it. I was going to use adaptto but I kept hearing about problems with them and lack of support. Plus no one is selling them anyways. I like the idea of smartphone dashboard so we will see how it goes. Was a lot cheaper too.

Have you gotten a new controller and waterproofed it? I would love to see. I am about to do the same to my adaptto controller. Nice videos! Really like the video with the summer trip with your girlfriend. :D

Thanks MP moller. I can do a nice video to show how I have waterproof it in a simple way.
Massive level of water have molded the controller during this autumn, and it works perfect.
Before I put cover on it, it died after a few puddles. So frustrating.

I thought no driving In winter, but every season bring a new riding experience to the table.
Its easy, imposible to stop driving.
This is a short video of the first snow we got.

Bonus video: First snowride in Sweden
[youtube]RJcB_oLfxjk[/youtube]

nice vlogs =)
may i ask if this maxe was a "new generation maxe"? latest what adaptto sold?
if so, welcome to adaptto ....i still waiting and investigating if there is a extinct art out there that arent died minimum once.

why does your rim guy just simple take 36hole rims for hub motors?

Merlin said:
nice vlogs =)
may i ask if this maxe was a "new generation maxe"? latest what adaptto sold?
if so, welcome to adaptto ....i still waiting and investigating if there is a extinct art out there that arent died minimum once.

why does your rim guy just simple take 36hole rims for hub motors?

Thanks! I have a few controllers, Max-e new version + old version and 2 midi-e controllers.
I love the controller, nothing out there like it, the biggest problem is water with those. so be sure to check out my protection movie so safe up.

The hub motor is only made with 36 holes as I know. I would prefer to have hub motor with 32 holes, it would make it easier to find rims.

I drive in all weather conditions so I have already burnt a few of those controllers.
When I started to water protect the controller as in video I had NO MORE water damage.
Have drive in heavy snow, wet salty streets and used high-pressure wash on the bike.
The cover in this video is from company called "3M".
The same you put on cars hoods and fronts to protect the paint.

Bonus video: Protect Adaptto controller from water.
[youtube]r_hOgb8Vxoo[/youtube]

i like your video's rob my favourit video is the travel video absolute awsome.

do you not sel one of your adappto's with screen?

i'm building a e bike but adappto's max e are hard to find .

Back