BBSHD - Fatty full suspension

My newest fatty full suspension mainly on trail and beach riding.

Chinese Aluminum frame (Aliexpress), front spring oil 100mm travel shocks (not on par with rockshox bluto but 1/4th the price), rear rockshox air, set of used rim (ebay) 100mm on 4.5" Vee, 750w BBSHD, 8px14s LGH2 in a backpack.

I had to trim 10mm off on each side of BB to fit the 100mm Bbshd but chain stay still perfect. All 9 gears shift smooth and precise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 988
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 983
Oooh i like the look. Nice job. Simple and clean, and I bet is pretty smooth with the fat / suspension. These kinds of builds are loads of fun.

Nice! No side twisting with the rear suspension?

It is nice, clean, and simple. With the hydration battery pack, no one even suspect its electric. I pedal along on just 2 (out of 5) setting and on 32T rear going along 10-15mph on the beach. Getting a 30T chainring to replace the oem 42T to reduce stress on motor, increase motor effeciency/torque. No noticeable flex on rear swingarm. Its not a bearing pivot, just on some plastic sleeve and bolts- like most cheapy Wally rear suspension mount. But this frame is incredibly light, all aluminum at around 5lbs. The rear suspension helps a bit, along with a seatpost suspension there is no bouncy ball feeling when im trail riding.

BBSHD is just almost perfect for recreation use. Ive been riding another BBSHD fatty since early April and put it through salt water, sand, mud, and it hadnt given me any issues. Its been on a cheapy Wally clearance DK duke fatty I got last year. Put on pair of Juggernaunt Pro 4.8" tires, 120mm travel cheapy shocks, and it just screams DIRT BIKE!
The aggressive look attracted too much attention. I felt like most people thinking "What the heyyy is he doing riding a motorcycle on public beach!" but that could be my own fear.

But I was cruising on throttle around 15-18mph one afternoon, a park ranger stopped me saying I couldnt ride a "motorized/modified" bicycle on statepark/trails but I quickly informed him on the new state laws on E-bikes which just came in effect since last year. I got a few copies of NC DMV laws on Ebike topic with me now if anyone needs clarification.

On the DK duke frame, it has a 76mm bb. Weird size but it works with pvc pipes as spacer. 1 1/4" PVC pipes fits perfectly. So far from all the riding it held the motor up, no drooping motor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 900
Back