'Triangle power'

Mongo1

10 mW
Thought I'd post this for anyone interested. I build stuff all the time and wanted to build an ebike that was light weight, reliable, mid-drive mechanicals, original and fun. This is the conventional of the two drives I was designing (the other a bit more exotic but not practical).
Using (UPDATED):
-Nishiki hardtail
-Turnigy 6374 motor (168 KV) (10x primary redux X 3.5x secondary to crank) = a bit faster than pedaling speed :D
-[strike][strike]Graupner 60 amp/36 volt esc[/strike][/strike](burnt out by accident) replaced with Phoenix HV80 Edge (note: Graupner esc has superb startup from standstill).
-Cycle Analyst V3
-PAS enabled using AUX potentiometer as manual control (GrinTech=Brilliant :) Being able to override PAS with throttle is awesome!!!
-Using DROK DP505A voltage regulator to supply low voltage for lights, etc.
-Using 4 car jump start battery packs in back pack (48 volts, limit at 60 amps)
-Increased voltage to 48V (speed is now 40+ mph, pcm not at highest possible msec :)
-total weight (with batteries) = 45 Lbs.

Triangle power cycle.jpg

TriPower2.jpg

View attachment 3

TriPower1.jpg

Triangle power mini PAS.jpg

Now updated on new bike and with new mount :)

Attachments

• IMG_3828.JPG
    IMG_3828.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 1,240
Mongo1 said:

Nice build.

As an aside, any chance of a close-up of your front light setup.

At first I thought that attaching it there wasn't good -- unsuspended weight, unmitigated road shocks etc. -- but the more I think about it, the fact that the light/beam doesn't bounce up and down probably makes a huge amount of sense. I'd like to see how you did it?

ebikealltheway said:
How hard was it fabricating all those custom looking mid mounts?

It's simple, really. Just two sheets of 0.20 in of 6060 Aluminum bolted together with 4 bolts at a distance that allow it to fit on insulated down tube and seat tube . Makes this setup very light weight while being very rigid.

eCue said:
Thats a seriously beastly RC motor and a good hack !

Thanks!! This motor, geared properly, is more capable than people would think :) Also, I made and bolted an impellor at the end to assist with cooling (no issues with heat so far).

Buk___ said:
Mongo1 said:

Nice build.

At first I thought that attaching it there wasn't good -- unsuspended weight, unmitigated road shocks etc. -- but the more I think about it, the fact that the light/beam doesn't bounce up and down probably makes a huge amount of sense. I'd like to see how you did it?

Thanks!! Will provide close up of the light asap. That location worked out really well, for me.

Buk___ said:
Mongo1 said:

Nice build.

Here are a couple of images. I don't do much off-roading right now so haven't had a problem of light bouncing around (if needed I can always mount it on handlebar).

light small 2.jpg

light small front.jpg

Mongo1 said:
eCue said:

Thanks!! This motor, geared properly, is more capable than people would think :) Also, I made and bolted an impellor at the end to assist with cooling (no issues with heat so far).

Im not at the stage in my ebiking development to be doing this *yet* but would be cool to see a photo of how the Fan is attached for future building.

Mongo1 said:
Here are a couple of images. I don't do much off-roading right now so haven't had a problem of light bouncing around (if needed I can always mount it on handlebar).

light small 2.jpg

light small front.jpg

Thanks! Looks like a neat way to get the light where you want it.

eCue said:
Mongo1 said:
eCue said:

Im not at the stage in my ebiking development to be doing this *yet* but would be cool to see a photo of how the Fan is attached for future building.

The impellor is drilled out to fit over the shaft and attached with the 4 bolts provided to the back of the motor.

Turnigy 6374 motor.jpg

Back