Vector Light Commuter Build

Show off your E-bike creation here.
User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » May 22 2019 6:18am

Here are a ton of very redundant photos of the pack revival over the coarse of 2 months. after all of this I found another cell in the pack at 3.90 while the rest were above 4.1 and I tried to hook the BMS up again to charge the low cell...the bms wouldn't even do it so I decided to charge it on my own and remove this shitty bms for now, this will give me the full 20a my controller demands putting a bit more strain on the cells. We will see how they do

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » May 22 2019 6:21am

Also got around to putting another Maxxis holy roller 26" on the back of the bike so people would stop asking me why my rear tire was smaller than my front tire! I was just too lazy to take the Chinese tire that came with the kit off

either way it makes the bike a bit faster since its diameter is greater

Took the bike out for a ride and put a few miles on it, so far so good. Lets see how fast they get out of balance
Image
Last edited by skeetab5780 on Jun 01 2019 6:07am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » May 24 2019 5:38am

Yesterday I was able to get two good 15 mile commutes in on the 13s battery pack, average speed of 24mph. The first run I sort of babied it on hills and the second trip I got a little more on the throttle. So far so good

charged between trips with the satiator and it said it put 7.4ah into the pack before the second trip back to the city

ScooterMan101   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1842
Joined: Oct 06 2012 4:45pm
Location: South of San Jose, California.

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by ScooterMan101 » Jun 11 2019 12:58am

What is the amount of travel that you have on that Front Suspension Fork ?

What is the travel of the rear ? eye to eye measurement on rear shock ?
My first conversion ... Sold

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71378&p=1077497&hil ... 1#p1077497

It's 2018 already, ( now 2019 ) lets get some real , improved e-bike / e-velomobile / e-motorcycle designs .

User avatar
Overclocker   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 617
Joined: Mar 17 2014 5:48am
Location: Philippines

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by Overclocker » Jun 11 2019 5:39am

ScooterMan101 wrote:
Jun 11 2019 12:58am
What is the amount of travel that you have on that Front Suspension Fork ?

What is the travel of the rear ? eye to eye measurement on rear shock ?
i have that same fork. 150mm travel.

i think i read in the 1st page that it's a 220mm DNM rear shock

btw skeetab i just cracked another aluminum MTB frame. i think i'm done w/ aluminum frames :lol: and i wanna sell my bbs02 and GNG mid-drives, then get a vector light

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » Jun 11 2019 6:07am

Overclocker wrote:
Jun 11 2019 5:39am
ScooterMan101 wrote:
Jun 11 2019 12:58am
What is the amount of travel that you have on that Front Suspension Fork ?

What is the travel of the rear ? eye to eye measurement on rear shock ?
i have that same fork. 150mm travel.

i think i read in the 1st page that it's a 220mm DNM rear shock

btw skeetab i just cracked another aluminum MTB frame. i think i'm done w/ aluminum frames :lol: and i wanna sell my bbs02 and GNG mid-drives, then get a vector light
WOW another cracked frame! I have dreams on making the Vector mid drive similar to the LMX hybrid with a full gear cassette on the other side, gives much better throttle control than a BBS02 when not powered thru the pedal drive train

The Vector is a great frame for the money I don't have many complaints just don't cheap out on suspension and get used to cheap Chinese steel rusting eventually

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » Jun 13 2019 7:04am

I think I want to get a cruise control for this bike, since I have the auto regen on throttle release I need something to keep the throttle held other than my hand/wrist since it gets old fast on long trips

I have never had one on a bike before

User avatar
Overclocker   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 617
Joined: Mar 17 2014 5:48am
Location: Philippines

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by Overclocker » Jun 14 2019 10:51pm

skeetab5780 wrote:
Jun 11 2019 6:07am

WOW another cracked frame! I have dreams on making the Vector mid drive similar to the LMX hybrid with a full gear cassette on the other side, gives much better throttle control than a BBS02 when not powered thru the pedal drive train

The Vector is a great frame for the money I don't have many complaints just don't cheap out on suspension and get used to cheap Chinese steel rusting eventually

yeah 2 different frames broke at the chainstay. metal fatigue from mid-drives pulling hard. so i'm looking forward to this vector light. steel so easily repairable

but i'll probably just use a DD hub for simplicity and ease of maintenance (my BHT bike is fun but needs constant chain cleaning and lubrication). i'm thinking leaf motor or QS 205 35H. something lightweight

i already got a spare DNM RCP-2 220mm w/ 550lb coil. and fork like yours, Sektor 150mm, but mine is tapered. i noticed that the vector headtube isn't the "semi-integrated" type. so i'm not sure if i could install a tapered bottom race into it...

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » Jun 18 2019 8:32am

my reviews on hubs are slightly off since I only use $100 28mm stamped steel Ebay 9x7 wind motors and they are slightly weak and groany and only shine at 25-30mph and burn up over 2500w continuous. this build is low power so it fits the bill tho, but I still think a good small mid direct drive will be better overall, but louder.

I haven't had a good powerful hub motor since the X5404 or the Mxus V1 40mm and I eventually sold them like everything I have for no reason and regret it some days later.

I look forward to your build

User avatar
Overclocker   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 617
Joined: Mar 17 2014 5:48am
Location: Philippines

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by Overclocker » Jun 24 2019 2:07am

i just ordered a black frame, QS 205 35H (5T winding), and a kelly KLS7230S

you think this 17s6p will fit in the frame?

vector lists the interior compartment size as 445 x 115 x 90. so a 6-cell stack should fit in the 115mm dimension (18mm * 6 = 108mm)

Image
Last edited by Overclocker on Jun 26 2019 11:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

devo1223   100 W

100 W
Posts: 222
Joined: Nov 06 2012 4:32pm
Location: Lake Tahoe,CA

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by devo1223 » Jun 24 2019 1:07pm

yeah no problem, I fit 22s6p in mine, you just need to replace the bolts on the inside to flat countersink bolts
22x6 30Q pack (600 x 450).jpg
22x6 30Q pack (600 x 450).jpg (73.63 KiB) Viewed 576 times
Vector lite stuffed with 30Qs
Mxus 3k turbo 3t in 17in moto rim
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92531&p=1353484&hil ... e#p1353484

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » Jun 26 2019 1:40pm

NICE!! only thing is that the KLS7230 is freaking huge you wont be fitting that anywhere stealthy

what are your plans for that? I would have recommended the KLS7218SW from Eastgem with the Teflon phase wires(the kls7230 has dual very rigid phases)

User avatar
Overclocker   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 617
Joined: Mar 17 2014 5:48am
Location: Philippines

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by Overclocker » Jun 26 2019 11:20pm

skeetab5780 wrote:
Jun 26 2019 1:40pm
NICE!! only thing is that the KLS7230 is freaking huge you wont be fitting that anywhere stealthy

what are your plans for that? I would have recommended the KLS7218SW from Eastgem with the Teflon phase wires(the kls7230 has dual very rigid phases)

oh about that forgot to explain. KLS7230 will ultimately go to my BHT dirt bike which could use a bit more power (got lots of space under the seat) but i would still be using it temporarily w/ the vector to determine the right amps to feed the motor to find a good balance between power and heat by playing around w/ the settings. ultimately i'd just buy a cheapo controller for this vector, or find something cheap that'll fit inside the saddle sub-frame

PS I"ll be opening my own build thread asap so i don't mess up your thread too much :lol:

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » Jun 27 2019 6:53am

Overclocker wrote:
Jun 26 2019 11:20pm
skeetab5780 wrote:
Jun 26 2019 1:40pm
NICE!! only thing is that the KLS7230 is freaking huge you wont be fitting that anywhere stealthy

what are your plans for that? I would have recommended the KLS7218SW from Eastgem with the Teflon phase wires(the kls7230 has dual very rigid phases)

oh about that forgot to explain. KLS7230 will ultimately go to my BHT dirt bike which could use a bit more power (got lots of space under the seat) but i would still be using it temporarily w/ the vector to determine the right amps to feed the motor to find a good balance between power and heat by playing around w/ the settings. ultimately i'd just buy a cheapo controller for this vector, or find something cheap that'll fit inside the saddle sub-frame

PS I"ll be opening my own build thread asap so i don't mess up your thread too much :lol:
Ya no worries doesn't bother me, I will def sub to your thread tho

I want to buy a phaserunner but they are too much $$

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » Jun 27 2019 6:54am

So I got my cruise control switch and my 3-speed switch and i'm going to try and wire them in to increase commute efficiency. This cruise control feature is really going to be a game changer for me I think! Not sure why I waited so long to try one
Image

User avatar
HolgiB   1 W

1 W
Posts: 50
Joined: Oct 02 2018 2:58am

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by HolgiB » Jun 28 2019 1:27am

skeetab5780 wrote:
Jun 27 2019 6:53am
I want to buy a phaserunner but they are too much $$
Possibly an ASI BAC 800 might be an option ?
https://lunacycle.com/asi-bac-800-contr ... v-version/

Same hardware but 100 bucks less. It does not feature a generic Cycle Analyst interface though.

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » Jun 28 2019 6:29am

HolgiB wrote:
Jun 28 2019 1:27am
skeetab5780 wrote:
Jun 27 2019 6:53am
I want to buy a phaserunner but they are too much $$
Possibly an ASI BAC 800 might be an option ?
https://lunacycle.com/asi-bac-800-contr ... v-version/

Same hardware but 100 bucks less. It does not feature a generic Cycle Analyst interface though.
that actually looks really nice! I didn't know ASI made something this small form epoxy filled! I don't really care for cycle analysts anyways, I tend to not have a voltage meter on my handlebars which is scary for some but I know my batteries capabilities

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Vector Light Commuter Build

Post by skeetab5780 » Sep 23 2019 2:58pm

Got around to fixing another rear flat tire, got a nice downhill tube this time so I don't have to do this again...

and also put on the three speed switch and cruise control. Such cool add-on components that help make the bike easier to control on long trips
Image
Image
Before wiring...
Image
finished product after neatening wire loom
Image

Post Reply