Philly Ebike documented progress

Hello ES and thank you for the add.
I want to post progress of my new build from start to finish (I hope it gets done by April)

I'd like suggestions on which Ebike parts to use. This is my first full suspension build and I'd like to buy parts that fit (first time around to speed up completion).

tahitiboob said:
waou beautiful frame what is the model?

here is the frame builder website :
https://www.facebook.com/Lebui70/

some really nice frames, designs and ebike builds..
made in the Indonesia I think..

I did buy it from Mike Moser. I can't decide though if I want the MXUS or QS motor. My friend wants to give me his Crystalyte motor.
Also I'm thinking of a Sinewave controller with a display.

The frame is set up for either 24x3" tires or 90/90-18" motor wheels. I will have enough money when I get my tax return check.
Is there any difference between knobby tires or street tires?
Thank you for the FaceBook link. I use SnapChat so I really don't have time for FB.

The name of the frame is under the pic. It is a 2018 PUMA frame Hand made by Le-Bui.
My first Ebike is a DiamondBack Overdrive which I'm selling to my friend because he is going to lose his drivers license soon.

Phillybuoieee said:
I did buy it from Mike Moser. I can't decide though if I want the MXUS or QS motor. My friend wants to give me his Crystalyte motor.
Also I'm thinking of a Sinewave controller with a display.

what is the frame rear dropout spacing inside measurement? this will determine which motor will fit the frame best without modification.. tire tread choice would depend on your intended use: on road, off road or both.. sine wave controller will be much quieter than square wave.. I'm sure Mike could help you with components selection and sourcing, that would be most convenient since he is near you..

Thank you efMX. I am shopping right now and I do like to know all my options. The rear axle space is 165mm wide. I don't mind using spacers.
So far it looks like I'm going with the 90/90-18 Duro tire for the rear on a 2.15-18 moto rim. I really have to save up for a good motor (unless my DB sells this week) The front wheel will depend on how much I can afford. I have a 26×2.5 hookworm that will work for now.

Attachments

• IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 2,673
Phillybuoieee said:
Thank you efMX. I am shopping right now and I do like to know all my options. The rear axle space is 165mm wide. I don't mind using spacers.
So far it looks like I'm going with the 90/90-18 Duro tire for the rear on a 2.15-18 moto rim. I really have to save up for a good motor (unless my DB sells this week) The front wheel will depend on how much I can afford. I have a 26×2.5 hookworm that will work for now.

that looks like a good tire choice, very durable and high speed rated..

as far as using spacers to fit the rear hub motor make sure that you will have enough axle length to firmly secure the rear wheel.. does the frame have pinching dropouts, if not then be sure to use torque arms..

Oh SNAP!! Just got the best news ever. My friend just bought my Diamondback and.... I found a complete wheelset 90/90-18 wheels, 2.15-18 rims, spokes, front hub and QS V3 motor for $785. I still have to get them laced up but I can't believe this happened so fast. I thought I was going to have to wait 2 more months to finish my wheels and motor . All brand new parts too.

Attachments

• FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,652
Forks, handlebars, motor and rear rim arrived. Just set in place. Front wheel and tires will arrive after the weekend.
I'm worried about the crank arm length. Ill know after the tires are on so I can measure.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 2,562
Hard to find, 135mm axle width, 36hole front hub with billet disc rotor mount. Bolt on of course. These were out of stock for a long time and I am excited to have it.
I wish I coukd afford triple crown forks but at least my suspension forks are air adjustable and have tbs "lock out" feature as well as damper control

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 2,540
Rims arrived early. Tires arrive Monday. I can't wait to ride it but its still very cold here in Philly. At least I will be ready to ride first nice day of riding season

Attachments

• FullSizeR(2).jpg
    FullSizeR(2).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 2,501
I had to buy a different rear shock. I chose a 10" with a 250# spring. (The 11" shock with 800# spring was way too stiff)

Attachments

• FullSizeR(1).jpg
    FullSizeR(1).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,415
Back