Commuter tracker

axly

1 µW
Hi everyone, new here, new to ebikes, and new to the technical aspects of bicycles in general!
Coming from the IT-World and loving Classic racing, I thought I knew all about different standards and strange abbreviations... I stand corrected! The bike world, and in particular ebikes has opened an entire new catalogue of conflicting standards and random scrambled letters :)

Anyway, I decided to go Electric after driving my car too much through the congestion and obviously having some mental issue about having to pass absolutely everyone when on a bike (suit and sweat is a pretty bad combo). One issue though, I'm quite a lot for aesthetics and ebikes are often quite ugly, and those who aren't are horribly expensive. So, I decided to build one, I mean how hard can it be?

Starting out with a never used, sort of abandoned 450W mid drive motor that I got dirt cheap and a small dirt/mountain bike-thingie as a donor, I started ordering stuff. A frame from Italy which I got powder coated in my favourite colour RAL5014, a springer fork from somewhere, some lamps from China and I'm now somewhere about 1/3 into the complete build.

What's left to do? A lot..
* Order lots and lots of cells, 91 or 104 I think (I have a spot welder for the job)
* BMS, I just can seem to find out what I need, input is welcome.
* "body"work. (faux tank for the electronics and gearshifter, and an "oil tank" for a low battery placement)
* some adapter/mounting plates for the motor, derailleur and rear disc brake
* many many small things, steering, wire routing, mounts for fenders and lamps etc.

Attachments

• elcykeln.jpg
    elcykeln.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,820
Back