E-Bike Made Out Of Cannabis

the e wind

10 W
Ok sorry, but I had to say it to earn clicks. This is technically a bamboo frame with hemp fiber + SuperSap CLR epoxy joints. I just thought I would wrap the whole frame w/second composite layer in order to add some extra rigidity and prevent any bamboo cracking. It's also a lot easier to take care of than a normal bamboo frame since you don't have to redo the lacquer every few years.

This is a picture taken the day of it's maiden voyage (to work) a couple weeks ago. I will post a few more soon when I'm able to clean up the cockpit area a bit as well as replace the seat clamp, etc.

TQRPjNG.jpg

This e-bike is running a 9C rear hub M2706RD that I got on a clearance sale from Grin in late 2017. It is powered by their 25a Grinfineon, which gives it a pleasant ~1200w operation. It's got a 48v 13.5ah battery in that black frame bag. And yes, it's the most comfortable e-bike I've ever ridden, even with the 120mm shock locked out, since the frame eats up everything that is normally transmitted directly to your ass.

Dauntless said:
Legal in places like Colorado, even if it catches fire.

Hilarious, almost makes you want to put some unbalanced lipos on it!

Hemp is a good material, doesn't really count as something you can get high on because it's less effective than "Near Beer." It only got banned as such because DuPont was in there pushing for it.

Back