Stolen E-bike Registry

Lessss

1 MW
Please post your pics and story here. Things like Motor serial numbers and unique identifying characteristics would greatly help!

Please keep cross chatter down to a minimum or better yet create a second topic for comments. I'd like to see this just as a mug book.

My ebike was stolen today. Here is a link to some pictures and specs.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9861

Cheap Mongoose frame with new gen x5304 motor. Double hydro brakes. Cycle analyst. Infineon controller. Good thing the battery was not stolen. I left it in my room. I live on the third floor. I leave my ebike on the frist floor "hallway". I did not lock it up. There was nobody living in the second floor. The way my apartment house is set up is that the only access to my bike is from the second floor, the entrance, and the third floor(my apartment). Tonight at 12 midnight, I went down to the second floor and banged on it to see if anyone was there. There once was a women living there but she was gone. The door opened as I banged. It was a complete mess. I am not sure if that place got robbed or if someone simply broke into the downstairs entrance. I left a sign on my entrance door. "Whoever stole my bike, come see me. I will kill you. - Set 3rd flr"

I am mad. Very mad. My time, energy, and money when into it. I'm heartbroken. I took my pedal bike to work thinking that my ebike was safe. I was wrong. I can't trust my bike being unlocked even inside my own apartment. I'm heartbroken. :cry: I estimate over 2 thousand dollars went into it including the batteries. So about 650 less.

I'm mad. I'm going to talk to my landlord ASAP about security. This is ridiculous. I just moved in a few months ago and already some bullshit like this happens. I might have to break my lease.

hi everyone,
yesterday i went to a friend house to help him to build a alarm holder. To his surprised his lost his speedometer (25th of June 2009), he was very up sad. he has lose 3 bikes all together (1 new one engine SG1200+) he also didn't put any security just itself a simple u-lock. His speedometer is cut away. Why don't put a Canvas I ask him ? a Canvas may be alittle bit troublesome but it reduce eyes stares. My friend had also lost his speedometer at his house (just outside), his neighbour said the thief might be looking for his GV box behind, he was stunned. so my suggestion please buy a canvas to cover the ebike or just a bicycle, add a alarm. (it maybe the best method). I don't mind putting a canvas on my bike everytime , alittle bit of troublesome still acceptable for me. it will be much better then being stolen by a thief.

thiefs are poor but greedy brains with itchy fingers. . Some of them are not stupid. If they can't steal your "wheels", he may steal your "seat". If he can't steal your seat, he will like to steal a thing is easy for him. that is how my friend lost his speedometer. That is the reason why putting a canvas is useful at times to prevent the thief from eyeing then into stealing.

kentlim

I hope everyone bike is safe enough and enjoy lot of electric riding. Myself enjoy very much for every trips i had visit. one of the places i saw a very nice banner for all of us to refresh.

I know in the future (like 2012) this might sound like a necessary place to keep others vigilant and aware of stolen property, but on an international basis this thread is a waste of space here on ES. Seriously, what are the chances that a fellow ES member is gonna spot your stolen bike. Please let's de-stickify this thread and take it on a case by case thread system. I'm getting tired of seeing this. It's depressing that you lost your bike to some punks, but it's gone, move on, and use it as an opportunity to build something better and faster.
Just my two cents.

etard said:
I know in the future (like 2012) this might sound like a necessary place to keep others vigilant and aware of stolen property, but on an international basis this thread is a waste of space here on ES. Seriously, what are the chances that a fellow ES member is gonna spot your stolen bike. Please let's de-stickify this thread and take it on a case by case thread system. I'm getting tired of seeing this. It's depressing that you lost your bike to some punks, but it's gone, move on, and use it as an opportunity to build something better and faster.
Just my two cents.

I haven't read most of the threads on here, but on trying to gather enough info on my next build (motor and battery wise) i decided to go through a lot of the threads, and came across this one.
and i cannot understand how people with these kind of comments have many friends :roll:

etard said:
I know in the future (like 2012) this might sound like a necessary place to keep others vigilant and aware of stolen property, but on an international basis this thread is a waste of space here on ES. Seriously, what are the chances that a fellow ES member is gonna spot your stolen bike.

Maybe your one of those that think the world is going to end in 2012 (so who cares if your bike gets stolen, it's only 2 years away)

Here where i live (in Toronto) there are suburbs that are full of crime, and people will steal anything just for fun, or to make a buck or 2, (an e-bike will probably be for fun) i'm sure in the states (where you live) there is a lot of places like this, if not worse)

From threads i read, there is quit a few people on this forum from Toronto, so if my bike ever got stolen and someone on here ever sees it on the side of the road, i would like them to have a place to post that sighting (LIKE THIS THREAD)
then maybe i would be able to get my bike back.

If this thread wasn't on a sticky, i would be looking through hundreds of threads to see if anyone on here (that lives in my area had spotted my bike)

etard said:
I'm getting tired of seeing this. It's depressing that you lost your bike to some punks, but it's gone, move on, and use it as an opportunity to build something better and faster.
Just my two cents.

You can't be getting tired if you still keep clicking and reading threads that YOU SAY is getting tiring, STOP READING THEM and giving stupid replies to them, MOVE ON TO SOMETHING BETTER (as you say to those that have their bikes stolen)
etard said:
It's depressing that you lost your bike to some punks, but it's gone, move on,

Your some piece of work, I hope some guys and their girlfriends (guys act more aggressive if the chick is around) in Redlands, CA that like stealing stuff just for fun reads this thread. (And figures out where you live)

JUST MY TWO CENTS.

PS: I forgot to thank Lessss for starting this thread :D
Thank You

Speaking as a past victim of motorcycle theft, it is not something you ever get over. I quit that hobby because it' was an optional pasttime for me, since at the time, I no longer had a long commute to work. It was a 2000 Yamaha R1 which I owned for 2 short weeks. The people who try to minimize this epidemic are possibly one of the perpetrators. But I believe what goes around comes around eventually. Work hard for your own toys and pay for them with your own sweat is the motto that everyone should follow in a perfect world but sadly it is not... and the little sticky finger gremlins are everywhere. :D

There is no worse crime than thievery, IMO. Thieves destroy trust, create paranoia and screw with your piece of mind.
I had my garage broken into last fall and lost a lot of tools and the radio from my car. I wouldn't have hesitated shooting the SOB's whether they be six or sixty. Well... If they were real short, maybe just shoot to wound and drag 'em into the house and stop the bleeding.

The police seem to think it ends with a report.

Good idea to post serial no's (and secret ID markings) and fight this bull in any way we can.thumbup.gif

Ooops! I guess I'm chattering. Sorry.
I have five bikes, three electrified and If any ever get stolen, you can bet I'll post photos and info.

I never leave the bike for longer than 5minutes at a time, I use a lightweight lock so I'm always super-paranoid. What makes it worse is that it's gotta be in your apartment at all times when it's electric, tere's just no way i'd leave it chained up somewhere, that's around $2000 worth of equipment, brushed motor, controller, wiring, but most importantly...my own precious time of 1 YEAR... but that's not precious enough...I think what keeps me sane is the ability to let out some stress after a tough day, or when i'm up boredom shit-creek. There's nothing like chasing a car at night, or tinkering with the bike in the garage under a spot-lamp. I love my bike ,it means everything to have it as an exhiliration thrill, it's nippy, and it can kick ass, so much time, work, and patience, so many wrenches thrown at it, so many long hours thinking of improvements and timeless expansions of various pockholes to add extra batteries, all that time crafting a battery case, working out the best place to put the wires (non-engineer here), working out the balancing methods for a123's, working out how to fix a bustedcontroller, a busted motor winding that went out of loop, fixing the spokes in, fixing the freewheels on.... spending 2 days filing a freewheel to perfect precision to fit on a 7/8" instead of 5/8 shaft.

Finally, after all that DiY handywork, (this is not money we're talking about that you can make and spend..worse..i had no money when i did all this), for some son of a (#**#@! to come and steal what is yours and have ''fun'' on it? I'd tear him off my bike into a muddy ditch and rip into him with my bony knuckles! :twisted:

Nobody should be allowed to take that ammount of work from anyody, sure the world is unfair, but we can fight it by figuring out how to track our ebikes, and maybe monitor their whereabouts via gps or something.... anyhow that might be something I'll do after i read the very sad threads above.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/flexicontent/item/22689-crime-blot/
14th Police District in Philadelphia
43 W. Haines Street, Philadelphia, PA 19144
This district covers Chestnut Hill, Mt. Airy, Cedarbrook, and part West Oak Lane, and Germantown.

This list covers June 22-28

FEATURED
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 7100 block Germantown Ave. – three bikes stolen from Philly Electric Wheels bike shop. Owner said that two male offenders jumped over his rear fence and took the items.

As a seller - store batteries separate from bikes, separate from keys. Keep tires deflated until sale. Keep cameras pointed at any bikes out ondisplay even if only a computer webcam.

Stolen today South end Saint John N.B.
If seen contact owner Michael Lellerc 6960361 and the police.
Has a black rear rack not shown in pic.
Batteries are Blue tubes.
Thief did not get the charger.

Attachments

• HPIM2026.JPG
    HPIM2026.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 4,793
Stolen Nov 7th
Kitchener-Waterloo Ontario Canada

Not mine, but I saw it come across my FB feed...have to post, it's one of the few other ebikes in my area and a sweet ride too :(
12182884_530680457108516_3347470109548112813_o.jpg

Full description: http://waterloobikes.ca/2015/11/08/unfortunate/

24v Lee Iacocca/ EV Global, 1997 model.

AX65jO0.jpg

Not a high performance bike, but quite a classic. I keep it around to test b/c I like the features it has, like cruise control, taillight integrated with brake cutoff handle, loud @$$ horn, very comfortable. It's got features that many modern e-bikes just don't. I liked to keep it around our e-bike shop to show people just how far e-bikes have come in 21 years. This got swiped a couple weeks ago in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, when I (very stupidly) let a co-worker take it to the corner store. He apparently started chatting up a good looking lady and got distracted, then some guys threw it in a pickup and drove off.

He's not allowed to ride my bikes anymore. He's not even allowed to touch them.

Back