Noob EEB Enduro Build

Gstegman

10 W
I have been reading here for months, just joined today. I wanted to say hi and thank everyone for all the valuable information. I have an EEB frame and had thought I was going QS 273 but after a little reading it seems a QS 205 V3 50H is a little more suitable to my mission plan. I am leaning toward a Sabvoton controller but not sure about 150 vs 200A controller. 19" moto wheels, 72V 26 AH NCR cell pack 70A continuous, nothing groundbreaking... The goal here is to propel my 200lb arse 50+ mph with enough torque for throttle wheelies. I live in North Dallas area so largely flat so any input on the # of turns on the motor would be appreciated.

I have exchanged a few messages with a vendor named "ebike store"/ nbike on Aliexpress and would welcome any feedback from any who have dealt with them?

Any words of caution or advice on what I am attempting to build is certainly welcome. I have built a few custom motorcycles, have a small CNC mill and can weld, but this is my first ebike build attempt.

Thanks again,

With that controller and performance goal I would definitely look for a higher capacity battery capable of higher continuous discharge :!:

Thanks Matt. I would rather find a battery that fits the bill here in the US to avoid the recently imposed extra 25% but not having any luck. I am an RC guy so no stranger to Lipos but would rather an 18650 pack. I will keep doing homework on the battery front.

I will follow this!
I'm doing researches for an eeb build myself. Already bought an mxus v3 3000w turbo laced in a 19" moto wheel. Qulbix 76 will be the frame.

What front forks will you use?
Good luck!

L3chef said:
What front forks will you use?
Good luck!

I am pretty sure I am going with DNM USD-8S. I like the black color and they are more affordable. I don’t plan to do any serious DH riding so figure I can use the money saved elsewhere.

How about you?

I was also thinking about going with the dnm usd 8s. But was suggested to get something else instead. So now I got my eyes on some rockshox and used marzocchi on ebay..
I find the forks/suspensions to be the hardest part to deside on what brand and setup to buy

For me the tougher call is the battery. When I consider purchasing a spot welder and all the goodies it just doesnt seem to make sense unless I were to make several packs. Right now I am leaning towards an Em3ev pack but paying a 25% tariff sucks!

I did read a thread about West Coast Electric Cycles so I will shoot them a note as well.

Good luck on your build!

Gstegman said:
For me the tougher call is the battery. When I consider purchasing a spot welder and all the goodies it just doesnt seem to make sense unless I were to make several packs. Right now I am leaning towards an Em3ev pack but paying a 25% tariff sucks!

I did read a thread about West Coast Electric Cycles so I will shoot them a note as well.

Good luck on your build!
Yes understandable. If you are just building one battery it would just be an unnecessary expense to buy a spot welder. Maybe you could borrow one?.
Or you could buy a second hand arduino spotwelder. I got mine last year at black friday or was it cyber monday for 70€ incl shipping. Not bad.. I think that would be cheaper then paying for a pre made pack and adding shipping + 25% tax on top of that

Ok, well I pulled the trigger on some goodies from Aliexpress, fingers crossed. I also ordered some stuff from Amazon so I should have a small parts collection here in a week or two!

I still haven's sourced a battery but have emailed and called HI-C Battery or hicbattery.com. Hopefully they will reach out with some good news.

I will post some pics as soon as I have something to show!

Thanks,

Amazon stuff is starting to show up! Ordering from Aliexpress was a beating just trying to pay them but that is now done. Like Tom Petty said "The Waiting is the Hardest Part!rsz_12x.jpg

Gstegman said:
Amazon stuff is starting to show up! Ordering from Aliexpress was a beating just trying to pay them but that is now done. Like Tom Petty said "The Waiting is the Hardest Part!rsz_12x.jpg

Is that carbon fiber all the way or wrapped? Can you share a link. Looks good

All carbon, seems the company had many offerings on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/RXL-SL-Handlebar-Carbon-Glossy/dp/B0152YQCZA

Thanks!

Gstegman said:
All carbon, seems the company had many offerings on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/RXL-SL-Handlebar-Carbon-Glossy/dp/B0152YQCZA

Thanks!

Thank you! I would definitely buy one if the vat+shipping wouldn't be so bad

Hey what's up, looks like things are starting to come together. Curious to see your battery when done. I'm building an enduro as well and was stumped when it came to the battery. I ended up going with em3ev and only paid $150 shipping (with moto seat) it should be here today.

Good luck with the build man, I'll be following along.

shortcircuit911 said:
Curious to see your battery when done.

Thanks! My motor, controller, wheels, and front fork ship today from China so I am getting anxious. I think I am going with a battery from EM3EV as well, curious how long it took from order to arrival? I might be short sighted but have no concern for a mega AH pack, I would rather more continuous amps. From the EM3EV site I am leaning towards their 20S10P pack with 25R cells. What did you get?

Their verbiage about how they suggest being conservative with the packs "suggests" a limit of 100A but then they use an 80A BMS? I have an email asking if they can bump the BMS up to 100A and if they have had any luck with bluetooth. I wouldn't mind the ability to see how much balancing is going on from time to time.

I will be checking in on your build as well! Thanks again,

Decided on EM3EV 20S10P with 25R cells. Ordered yesterday so more of the waiting game...

Leaning towards a Grin charger but more homework to do there.

Thanks,

Nice man, that exactly what I got from EM3EV, it just came in 2 days ago - it's a beaut. I talked to Joseph through email a while back and he said the BMS is 100A, so I'll set controller limit to 100A to accommodate, but it should push 100A all day long. I need to email him about the bluetooth app so I can get that working as well. Let me know about the charger because I wanted the switching one but they didn't have it, so I got the 4A charger for now. I'd like to charge to 80-90% most of the time and 100% when I take it out off road/ on long trips, so I'm on the lookout for other charger options. It took them about 2 weeks to make the battery, and about 2 weeks for the battery to show up, shipping was very reasonable. I'll keep checking back for pics/updates.

Yeah he told me the same. The battery performs really well. Just got the real first test ride in last night, and it's a blast.

Wait you're already getting it Thursday? Lucky! Looking forward to see how it comes together.

No word on from EM3EV on the battery yet but my other Aliexpress stuff is trickling in. I got the back tire and display but the wrong throttle! I asked for a full twist and they sent a thumb throttle. Might work for a quad or a jetski (I never liked them on either). Perhaps I can reuse for regenerative braking.

My obligatory cheap rear shock from Amazon made it. Seems the powder coat on the swing arm shock mount is a few mils too thicks so I have to clean that up to make the fasteners that came with the frame work.

Great news on your battery, hope to hear from them soon on mine!
View attachment 1

Nice! I like that tire. As far as the shock, I have the same one. I haven't messed with it yet, and am still tackeling other mechanical and electrical tasks. It seems ok for the street, I'm 150. I prefer a full twist wrist throttle as well, grew up on dirtbikes. Also planning to upgrade to an actual dirt dirtbike throttle as they're more robust in an off road environment.

Keep the pics coming, it's looking good.

Gstegman said:
My obligatory cheap rear shock from Amazon made it. Seems the powder coat on the swing arm shock mount is a few mils too thicks so I have to clean that up to make the fasteners that came with the frame work.
I have same shock and swing arm and it fits tightly when you give it just a little bit of violence with hammer and piece of wood..

Thanks Gents! More boxes today and almost got concerned about the DNM-8 front fork. There is a blue o'ring and at first I thought they missed a seal. I quick google search shows it on pics from the back so I assume it is some sort of compression indicator? I am also an old dirt bike guy and have never seen that.

Seems removal of the top brace might require a little controlled violence as well.

I thought the same about the blue seal as well! If you look at the rear shock you'll see its got the same slidey rubber piece as well. I also used a rubber hammer to tap the top brace off :)

Do I have to run the top brace all the way to the dust seal or can I run spacers in between? Seems losing 5/8" clearance plus changing steering geometry would suck.

Of course I am just a few mm shy of spacers...

rsz_img_3272.jpg

Back