Phoenix Build

kneedeep

100 W
Some of you know my Chinese Ebay Build.
I have decided to build a new bike over the next 6-8 months so uploads will be slow sometimes. I will be building an all aluminum frame bike.
I am calling it the Phoenix build because I will be using the hub motor from my scooter that burned to the ground a few years ago.
I pulled the hub motor from the carcass today and found the heat did not damage the motor. The tire was still there heat flattened but did not catch fire. The wires are intact but a few inches from the motor they are melted. I will replace wires and upgrade phase wires while doing this. This is to save any unknown problems.
I will be using 17" moto wheel from ERT tech. as they sent me the wrong one during the Ebay build.

More to come.

Long time no tappity-tap (March last year)...

Hehe... In March last year you noted "This has been a slow exhausting journey for me"...

As much as I LOVE the DIY Krew...(end up with the tools and knowledge to do their own repairs and maintenance... and upgrades...) unfortunately, if you follow the news...:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57933

These daze the world is being swamped with bike manufacturers selling electric bikes? Hundreds of manufacturers now flooding into the US market... I assume Canada is no different.

Last time I checked, Toronto ebike stores are now selling electrics new w/a thing "good credit rating". Where loan payments are about HALF of a monthly TTC Metropass to take pubic transit. AND price includes 2-3 years of warranty...

Being a 21st-century urban guy... nEVer have actually built the houses I've lived in. I know a guy in north Toronto ("Agincourt") who actually does live in the house his father built many decades ago (from plans).

Anyway... at the same time as markets are being flooded w/electric bikes, countries and cities all over the world are these days offering tax refund/rebates to buy electric bikes...

STILL interested in "a slow exhausting journey"? :wink:

^^ Hehe... :)

What should I look for in a controller?
I will be using a hub motor from Emmo GT80, was running 80v and 30 amps 2000 ish watts and 10" wheel. The Plan- I will be mating this to a 17" moped rim and light motorcycle street tire. No real specs on the motor brush-less direct drive. I will run 48-60volts 40amps. You will ask why lower volts? I don't need a lot of speed. Just want to try something different. I am going to try a bunch of ideas I had on this bike that are far from the normal just because. I have 48 and 60v batteries chargers and extra BMS boards. A controller that is programmable would be great will never need a cycle annalist. Luna, Kelly, Grinn? $100-$250 range.

Back