1st time ebike build

8med

1 µW

[Hi there one and all. Ive recently ventured on building my first ever ebike. Ive previously built a chinese 48cc 2 stroke . I must say the ebike (currently utilising a mxus xf40 and chinese 48v 25amp controller) is just as fun and has almost as much power as my 2T bicycle. Im currently doing 38kmh/23mph on a level bridge but id like to keep up with traffic which is 60kmh/38mph. Even if i pedal as fast as i can with pas or full throttle i only manage 48kmh / 29mph. The motor is laced to a 26"mtb wheel . Im using 14s2p Samsung 25r batteries. Its acceleration from standstill is decent. Id like to know whats the highest voltage i can push as i can make up to a 28s2p system capable of making 100v nominal . Id like to modify the controller as importing a 72v controller would cost too much. Im aware the mosfets need to be changed and the capacitors need upgrading. What im not sure about is the resistors. Any advice would be appreciated.

Just buy the 72 V controller, you will be better off in the long run.

I'm not 100% sure what winding the motor is . I tried matching it on ebikes motor simulator. It says the 4506 motor (which im guessing is what i have) would do about 50kmh / 31mph . That seems fine for now. Thanks

Back