After learning so much from this forum and the great people that make it, I decided to build my first ebike. Here's the overview:
2015 salsa Mukluk , 100mm bbshd 52v 11.6AH hailong battery.
The build went very smooth with a few exceptions. The motor was installed with nut and locking ring. This forced the motor into the chain stay on the sprocket side. There was impact of the motor body on the chainstay and 1 MM clearance between the stock bafang sprocket and the chainstay. I added two spacers (just rings from the bottom bracket I removed) this gave me the clearance you see in the pictures. I used a pipe wrench to tighten the nut. However this left me with no threads to use for the aluminum locking ring. To solve this, I used blue locktite on the main nut. I also added spacers to the bracket because the bracket arms would bend otherwise when tightened all the way down.
Let me know if you have any questions about the build.
Show off your E-bike creation here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1