A couple more Norcos

Samd

10 MW
Have done a few of these over the years but haven’t been around much. Using ES FB mostly. Love the new forum update here.

392bceb58927efbac35f6e76cb556b42.jpg
487c8848c2142d31327d480b7107263b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again, you've made some fine frames, Sam.

Can't wait to see the final products.

Usually around 1700 to 2000 AUD depending on config. If I can find time.

Yep. The clients I attract understand the properties of such a frame. When I priced them too low the wrong people asked.

Says $390 in the shop, what's so special about these?

I hope the answer isn't "if you have to ask, it's not for you", like if Yoda himself forged them in his mud hut. :lol:

I live in a world where innovation, design skill and craftmanship are valued.

Not everything can or should be broken down to base material cost and compared to cheap alternatives - although if you do, there is still value here, where you add the original frame, design, fabrication, welding and painting that happened.

Try pricing out a Rolex in terms of material cost... :D

Tommm said:
Says $390 in the shop, what's so special about these?

I hope the answer isn't "if you have to ask, it's not for you", like if Yoda himself forged them in his mud hut. :lol:

Haha those were kmart bikes I did nearly a decade ago. These are pedigree DH bikes with a patented rear end, welded by a qualified first world welder, heat treated and professionally coated.

I stopped pricing anything even close to that number five years ago - not because of the quality of the goods.
I did it because of the quality of my customers.

These days I no longer even have to take emails from fools and itemise every nickel and dime. People want an engineer with a 100k degree and want to pay ten bucks for it. They can go buy a ukrainian or chinese stealth copy made of pig iron.

I've literally put bandsaws through bikes once owned by Sam Hill. If you have to look him up you're in the wrong thread.

SD

Samd said:
I've literally put bandsaws through bikes once owned by Sam Hill. If you have to look him up you're in the wrong thread.

SD

What was wrong with his bikes that you had to cut them up? You deal with used ones too?

How many batteries fit in a frame like that?

About 110 cells easily or 130 with more complex shapes.

Couple more ready for blast and paint. Raw aluminium would be kinda cool.

16d38209db542a0a6ac966a94d7c6e00.jpg

7ea8bc3450af06a0ae42b500bba646f5.jpg

44ed5a398496ffd568f681d1d8e405ab.jpg

Back