11kw EEB Build [emoji48]

ChrisJTX

100 mW
Hey peeps. I have been lurking and gathering info for a bit and pulled the trigger on building a high performance ebike. A lot of great info on this site and helpful members. Got my wife a set of diamond earrings for Christmas to lessen the blow back and ordered everything last night.. lol. Here are the highlights.

*EEB Frame w/battery box
*QS 205 v3 5T, laced on 19s, 19 F moto wheels.
*Custom 72v 36ah, 30q, battery made to fit eeb battery box w/150a bluetooth bms, 180a peak, made by Hi-C battery.
*Sabvoton 72150
*Magura MT5E
*DNM 8S
*Hubsinks/statorade
Thinking about drilling 1in holes on motor casings between ribs and use sealed bearings and coat the stator with a high temp water proof coating.

Now it's the waiting game... Super stoked!

Pics soon to come!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Statorade and hubsinks are far more effective than holes in the motor. Makes it non waterproof too.

Yeah. Imma second Tommm here.

I have a similar build... QS205 50H V3 3T motor, Hubsinks + Statorade, laced to 18" moto wheels running off a KLS7230S pulling 120A at 84v and use a 20s 14p pack capable of 200a. Bike weighs in at 157lbs with the current accessories installed.

I can drain the entire battery in under 40 mins while running hot laps at the local kart track. In the past, I honestly had a more difficult time keeping the controller from going into thermal protection during track days than I ever had with keeping the motor cool.

Even with sealed bearings and a proper coating job, you are just asking for more trouble than it's worth. Old school hot-rodding was drilling holes in the case or adding some pc fans inside the motor, these days we have fairly maintenance and worry free FF + hubsinks that work just as well or better in some cases.

Try the motor out before drilling anything. If by chance you can get the motor to overheat
even with hubsinks and FF, then get all holy with it.

2WheelsMovesTheSoul said:
Yeah. Imma second Tommm here.

I have a similar build... QS205 50H V3 3T motor, Hubsinks + Statorade, laced to 18" moto wheels running off a KLS7230S pulling 120A at 84v and use a 20s 14p pack capable of 200a. Bike weighs in at 157lbs with the current accessories installed.

I can drain the entire battery in under 40 mins while running hot laps at the local kart track. In the past, I honestly had a more difficult time keeping the controller from going into thermal protection during track days than I ever had with keeping the motor cool.

Even with sealed bearings and a proper coating job, you are just asking for more trouble than it's worth. Old school hot-rodding was drilling holes in the case or adding some pc fans inside the motor, these days we have fairly maintenance and worry free FF + hubsinks that work just as well or better in some cases.

Try the motor out before drilling anything. If by chance you can get the motor to overheat
even with hubsinks and FF, then get all holy with it.
Thanks for the info! It's good to hear the way you run it the ff and hubsinks are efficient. I'm worried that running it hard on dirt moto tracks would over heat it pretty quick. Wondering if it is more effective running all 3 previous heat reduction options together... ff shouldnt fling out..

Tommm said:
Statorade and hubsinks are far more effective than holes in the motor. Makes it non waterproof too.
Thanks for the feedback brotha!

Merry Christmas everyone! Got a couple of things early! Motor/controller/wheels coming in a couple of days. Things are trickling in. Hopefully I can recieve my battery the first week of Jan.
72ff7708d00f8993d2cc58e3e81ddcb2.jpg
4f9acf27e3de01fa2f0d6f44bfd73314.jpg

Lookin good. Black on black like mine. You’re gonna love this thing. Been having a blast in mine. Just need to get my more permanent battery built so I can go for a long ride.

Pb1302 said:
Lookin good. Black on black like mine. You’re gonna love this thing. Been having a blast in mine. Just need to get my more permanent battery built so I can go for a long ride.
Thanks brotha! I've been following your build, great info and thanks for posting. Just got the magura mt5e's, rotors and handle bars in today. The wait for the motor, controller, wheels and battery is killing me lol. What battery you gonna build?
2a92962994d313e74f212b9c28f46c13.jpg

L3chef said:
What bms are you going to buy?
I ordered a custom battery from Hi-C battery located in Colorado. 72v 36ah. Not sure exactly what the brand of the bms it is, but its bluetooth, 150amp, 180amp peak.

ChrisJTX said:
Pb1302 said:
Thanks brotha! I've been following your build, great info and thanks for posting. Just got the magura mt5e's, rotors and handle bars in today. The wait for the motor, controller, wheels and battery is killing me lol. What battery you gonna build?

Thanks man. Gonna do some videos when I stop being lazy. The battery I’m building is a 20S7P from those Lito Kala 26650’s Andy Kirby and Tony (Vortecks) are doing as well. I want to go copper plates with nickel strip/tabs instead of pure nickel only. Got batteries and BMS just need to decide on my connection arrangement. I’m also thinking of going 6P instead so it all fits in an AMMO can fit some (in case of fire) protection...which fits in my ebike frame just fine.

So today I unpackaged the eeb frame from em3ev. Everything looks great.... but they sent me the wrong swing arm bolt. o_O and definetly I need to file out the holes on the frame where the rear shock bolts attach to the frame. Is it just me? Or did I get the Friday build, lmao. Definitely quality issues. Unpackaged the battery box from enduroebike.com.... lmao missing 2 screws and one of the mount points were bent. Definetly a Friday build. Lol.
77fa8c55391152c77e15490f8957fbfd.jpg
dad21176a7de255597e5b16d6fcb95bc.jpg
bb91d1410e0926738d93ed78b5e8bb73.jpg
0945a39089ea9b6794095808972a1a0a.jpg

I guess enduroebike.com made up the 2 missing screws by sending me a shit ton of padding for the box.. lol I can literally cover the whole exterior of the box with them. Hehe. I got skimped 3 bolts..the long one is perfect with the padding, the 3 short ones dont even reach. Smh.
8d8ed380b116f1a2573528964fb3a0bb.jpg

50ea3e2661408860bb53951a3407e786.jpg

After a closer inspection, it seems the tube were the bearing sits is not aligned properly? Hopefully I dont have to send this frame back.
446b0d9c90602388bacb110315357777.jpg

Ok problem solved I think.. lol. Got some advice from members here and fb, found out it was a bushing that could be adjusted with some elbow grease. Whew. First thought it was wielded due to not budging with ease. Had to really knock that sucker where I wanted it to move a bit. Now the bolt slides in. Definetly going to look for some aftermarket bushing/bearing kit to replace it with.

Thought I update my thread, been a while... been super busy with work and family, but managed to make some progress on my build after I resolved the issue with the swingarm bolt not fitting correctly. Still waiting on my battery tho, hopefully should be in a week or two. Hubsinks and statorade should be here tomorrow.

Still cant figure out the what to do with the rear rotor. I have counter sunk the screws, tighten the hell out of the wires with zip ties and it still rubs a bit. Might need to look into a tad bit thinner rotor then the magura ones or maybe position the wires so they come toward the back instead? Maybe a long tube washer of some sort? Or I might just not run the rear brakes at all...

The sabvoton 72150 is huge. Its base is a tad bit bigger then my battery box. Have it zip tied to the box and frame for a mock up, but gonna get some L brackets to secure it tight to the battery box. Super tight fit within the frame.
c1d3091d8b21561b4ccccb6cbecee778.jpg
f995b4d45d8310acbc8786acfa91be5d.jpg
2b4bbf1e7f64fff0d25c6849f1ee33d0.jpg
5c369fbf1c66983d2ca0ddd76406d681.jpg

ChrisJTX said:
Ok problem solved I think.. lol. Got some advice from members here and fb, found out it was a bushing that could be adjusted with some elbow grease. Whew. First thought it was wielded due to not budging with ease. Had to really knock that sucker where I wanted it to move a bit. Now the bolt slides in. Definetly going to look for some aftermarket bushing/bearing kit to replace it with.

Build is coming along well Chris. The swinging arm bearing,is it a sealed bearing in there or is it a like moulded rubber bushing? Cant quite tell from pictures? Looks like a bearing? Keep the posts coming. :bigthumb:

Choppa66 said:
ChrisJTX said:

Build is coming along well Chris. The swinging arm bearing,is it a sealed bearing in there or is it a like moulded rubber bushing? Cant quite tell from pictures? Looks like a bearing? Keep the posts coming. :bigthumb:
Thanks brotha. It's a sealed bearing. Hopefully I can get this built up by next week. Cant wait to ride this thing.

ChrisJTX said:
Choppa66 said:
ChrisJTX said:

Thanks brotha. It's a sealed bearing. Hopefully I can get this built up by next week. Cant wait to ride this thing.

No worries. The bearing on the stealth style enduro bike I'm building and other guys on here like shortcircuit have a moulded rubber bushing with a steel sleeve through it and there not good,make the swing arm wobbly and fishtail at speed. There is a kit available for these to replace the rubber one with a bearing the same as you have so hopefully you won't have that problem. The motor wires are a pain in the a## arent they!! I've had to do the same as you and counter sink the rotor and replace bolts with counter sunk bolts but it's still so tight there. I wish they would change the design of the motor axle so that wasn't a problem? If the wires short out then it will blow up the speed controller and that will probably cost more than a new motor to replace!! Crap design from the motor manufacturers.

Choppa66 said:
ChrisJTX said:
Choppa66 said:
ChrisJTX said:

No worries. The bearing on the stealth style enduro bike I'm building and other guys on here like shortcircuit have a moulded rubber bushing with a steel sleeve through it and there not good,make the swing arm wobbly and fishtail at speed. There is a kit available for these to replace the rubber one with a bearing the same as you have so hopefully you won't have that problem. The motor wires are a pain in the a## arent they!! I've had to do the same as you and counter sink the rotor and replace bolts with counter sunk bolts but it's still so tight there. I wish they would change the design of the motor axle so that wasn't a problem? If the wires short out then it will blow up the speed controller and that will probably cost more than a new motor to replace!! Crap design from the motor manufacturers.
Yeah the phase wire/rotor placement is PITA! Lol.
Even with counter sinking the screws, using several zipties it still rubs a bit to be concerned.

I came across this video on youtube by nyx bikes.

https://youtu.be/gaKO2E9JcGY

Gonna check if they still sell them and if it can fit on my frame. Seems like this custom washer will solve the problem... keeping my fingers crossed.

Wow. Impressed with that if it works and you can get one? The only thing I can think may be an issue is if you have to fudge your swinging arm apart to much to fit it? I guess it makes the motor wider? The swinging arm will pull apart a fair old bit to fit a wider motor in,I know because I'm putting the mxus 5k in mine! As long as you don't go to mad because then you could possibly make the bracket that the disc caliper bolts to not in line with the disc? I'm hoping mine will be ok? Not got that far yet. I seem to sort out one problem and then find another,all part if the fun of it I guess!! :D :D

Back