MadAss donor bike result

John in CR

100 TW
Here's one of the ebikes I've been riding for the past 9 months. I posted here in the ebike photo section, since here this legally qualifies as a motorized bicycle despite having moto components, no pedals, and being capable of well over 100. The battery pack is 31s or 115V nominal, 128 fresh off the charger, with a HubMonster 6 phase high efficiency hubbie driven by dual 24 fet controllers.

My time and miles proven ventilation mod with exterior blades makes the motor a centrifugal fan sucking air in the left side and exhaust is out of the right, the motor rarely sees over 70°C unless I ride really hard and even then never over 100°. Now that I have access to a smoke machine used to identify air leaks in car engine systems, I'll try to do a video of that in action, and include closeups of how it is done and works. I also need to do a video of what it's like to ride using the front+rear facing cameras I mount on my helmet.

Is that the Sym or whatever knockoff of the MadAss? Looks like a solid platform.

Missed your chance at a factory electric. But that's just 800w anyway. I could imagine what hub you've have thrown on this.

madass-1-800x445.jpg

2016-SFM-MadAss-E-e-bike4-e1464848459456.jpg

I wish I had their electric, or even the 49cc version to start, because most of the components I used from the factory bike, the swingarm, and front end are particularly heavy. The headtube, bars, forks, fork tree, brake, and front wheel weigh something like 35kg. If I recall correctly the whole thing came in at 105kg and I only have a 115V nominal 26ah battery. It's not too bad since I lost over 40kg, but the heavy bike feels totally different under me despite little loss in acceleration.

Dauntless said:
Is that the Sym or whatever knockoff of the MadAss? Looks like a solid platform.

Missed your chance at a factory electric. But that's just 800w anyway. I could imagine what hub you've have thrown on this.

madass-1-800x445.jpg

2016-SFM-MadAss-E-e-bike4-e1464848459456.jpg

Back