Hailong battery in small frame???

11mat11

1 mW
I need an idea of how to mount - fix the battery in a small frame from the womens' bicycle. The space is a few cm. I just put a battery in the picture to see how much space it takes. There is no problem if there is a fixed fixing. Bycicle is Trek Marlin 5 2018

View attachment 3
20190111_102733.jpg
View attachment 1
20190111_102835.jpg

Are you installing a Bafang BBS?
If so, how about the underside of the down tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I'll install the BBS02.
I do not like this idea, but if I do, how to hang it on the frame

I actually have it that way on a Specialized Enduro.
It is low and out of the way.
You will destroy the Bafang before you will hit the battery.
I always thought a battery with a semi circular end that would fit flush against the Bafang would be attractive, low and out of harms way.
You will have to test whether the battery rubs the front tire at full compression. The closer the battery is to the Bafang the less chance of interference.
So much better than carrying it.
Most competent bike shops can install RivNuts or threaded inserts wherever you might want them.
Or for testing, tie wraps work great and they are inexpensive. A radiator clamp can work too.
I skipped using the bracket that the battery slides on at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
abd316ac7f94da4d35582aaed917df61.jpg

Also...if you need mounting points for the battery mount, jack nuts are very nice to use. They're cheaper, stronger and easier to install than rivnuts (in my opinion). Lots of Youtubes on how to install them.

I would be careful about drilling holes into a frame. Using something like Bottle Bob seems a less destructive way to me for mounting a battery pack on your downtube:
https://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/battery-accessories/bottlebob.html

Hose clamps on the other side are rather NOT visually pleasing. :wink:

Hey 11mat11, what model of Hailong battery pack was this?

I'm looking for a reference for jamming a DP-6 Reention in a small frame Trek Marlin haha.

For some reason I can't see all your photos in this thread, especially your finished product..

Thanks, greatly appreciate it!

Back