QS MOTOR DISK ROTOR HOLE

richdaley

1 mW
Hi all,

Recently come into an issue with the Torx bolts on the qs 3000w motor hub. The disk brake rotor Torx bolts are rusted and corroded and no choice but to remove the heads and try to remove the bolts with mole grips or pliers. Trying both tools have had no luck and the won't turn to remove the bolts. Does anyone know where I can buy the side panel which has disk brake mountain bike rotor holes?!

Try this. I even learned two new methods. Put in rubber and the saw methods since before. Also heat can be used on the screw to remove it easier.

[youtube=lI2hl3Zfi6Q][/youtube]

leffex said:
Also heat can be used on the screw to remove it easier.]

That works particularly well for steel fasteners stuck in aluminum threads, because of the different expansion coefficients.

I tried all the methods be it, make a flat head on the torx head etc etc. The torx heads just snapped off everytime so now im left with a headless bolt stuck inside the rotor holes!? pilers and molegrips wont pull them out so i think maybe ill have to get another wheel! bummer!!!!

Use a bolt extractor.

You can also take a nut that will fit over the bolt, weld it in the middle and use a wrench to get it off. The heat from the weld may be enough to break it loose as the aluminum housing will expand more than the steel bolt.

Damn brought a thread from the dead 😐

I've got one ........somewhere - pm your address and I'll dig it out :wink:

Yup found it.........

Jonno

Back