New to the Ebike world.

ckelly78z

1 mW
I bought a really nice big box store IRONHORSE Warrior 3.2 that has full suspension, and dual disc brakes. It's a 29er, and has 24 gears, rides smooth. I have maybe 100 miles on this bike from the end of last July in Northern Ohio (so four of those months were too cold for spirited/any riding).

I am 54 years old, and have had a checkered health past with multiple Hodgkins cancer bouts, and related CHF, that now gave me a new pace maker. I am still very active, and the MEDTRONIC people who installed my PM, had to increase the available heart rate on my unit recently (which i'm kind of proud of).

I got an Ebikeling 36V 500W front hub 700C kit that came with a LCD 830 display screen. I've only had this new kit out twice for a few miles at a time in 30* in spitting snow, but was duly impressed, far quicker, and quieter than I feared. I went with a 7.5 ah bottle battery which should be plenty for my short rides, and can always be upgraded for more range if I want that.

I like the fully waterproof connections of the 2019 kit over the multiple loose wires of previous kits., and customer service was very helpful with getting me a replacement controller for the one that didn't work.

I chose not to use the supplied brakes levers, but did hook up the 5 level (8 magnet) PAS on the crank. Sometimes PAS 5 is too much boost, but I haven't gotten into the hills yet, so i'm still learning how to properly use.

I finally got a sunny (not raining, and windy) day, and was able to take several test rides to properly program my LCD S830. I ended up settling on a value of "80" in P07 to get the speed, and distance very close to correct.

I hope to fully charge my small (7.5 ah) battery and go for PAS distance tomorrow at reasonable speeds.

The reason I got the smaller 7.5 ah battery is to test the system, and probably give it to my wife for her Ebike, as she doesn't ride as much as I do, and has a single speed cruiser. More likely, is that I will get her a battery to match, and I will carry a "spare" when I ride long distances by myself.....sneeky !

ckelly, how does the pedal assist feel? Can you pedal slow on PAS1. Does the speedometer on the 830 LCD work when coasting? Those were two problems with the 900SWD display that I hope have been resolved.

Pedal assist on the road in PAS 1 is meant for tooling slowly 5-10 mph around obstacles, while PAS 2-3 are more for cruising down the road around 15 mph, in PAS 5 in top gear, I can exceed the 30 mph limit of the display if i'm cranking hard.

The PAS kicks in rather abruptly even on my 29er, but with 8 magnets is smooth, and seemless. I had to play with PO7 to get the speedo, and odo working accurately, but it shuts off while coasting/comes instantly back on when throttle, or pedaling. The odometer continues to count distance, and is visible, but the speedo disappears when coasting.

with front suspension forks I assume you have a dual torque arm setup.

:D :bolt:

Yes on the dual torque arms. I have tried to post pics, but still fuddling around with it.

Are your pictures already hosted on a web server? I think some people host them directly on endless-sphere.com but I haven't looked into that.

Back