Dyno Moto 7 CL find

Wolfeman

1 kW
I've been looking for that just right next bike for quite a while now. You all know the drill, saved searches on the CL app, checking the LBS selection, etc. The other day I'm browsing CL and see a post with 2 pics of some old dirty cruiser. The guy wants $75 for what he described as a "Mountian Bike Cruzer." I go and meet him in the Rite-Aid parking lot and buy this.....

IMG_2510-2.jpg

Everything works including the Shimano Nexus 7 spd IGH. I actually felt bad only giving the seller $75, but that's how much he wanted and the bike's not stolen. It is now parked safely in the workshop and undergoing a freshening up. Touch-up paint, a full tuneup, some good Schwalbe tires and a BBS02 is in the works. Also thinking about some Velo Orange Kruzer bars....

More pics as progress is made.

Made some progress on the Dyno. Lots of cleaning and then a full tuneup at the LBS. Threw on the TopPeak rack and bag to test fit.

IMG_2598.jpg

Then scooped up a BBS02 from Luna with the small 500 display. Also a BMX handlebar for style and comfort. Ordered a small Ibera bag to put the 52V Multistar pack low in the main triangle.

IMG_2600.jpg

Still have lots of tinkering and wire cleanup to do, but powered it up. The 21H error is because the speed sensor was unplugged.

RenderedImage.JPG

Have been making good progress on the Dyno lately, almost have it where I want it.

IMG_2612-2.jpg

Since last update have put on a nice Serfas brand frame bag that holds 12S/16aH worth of MultiStars. My LBS put on new cables and housings to fit the higher BMX bars. I didn't put on the throttle because this bike is just for around town cruising and I'm enjoying pedaling... Still need a set of Schwalbe Fat Franks and a handlebar mounted cup-holder.

My daughter and I went to our nearby community college yesterday with her Electra 7 cruiser and the new Dyno. Spent a couple hours just riding all the paths around campus and enjoying the scenery. Did a little over 5 miles mostly in pedal assist 1. I LOVE this bike. Everything about it encourages you to relax, smile and enjoy the ride. The PAS is perfect with the Nexus 7 rear hub. 5 miles on the skinny seat however was no bueno, think I'll look for an Electra cruiser saddle like my daughter's, it's all day comfortable with a nice chrome strip for accent.

So now that my oldest daughter is driving, the Dyno doesn't get ridden a whole lot. Perfect time for updating. New since last time is a Lekkie 36T bling ring, and a Luna Cycles 48V 13 aH dolphin pack (not shown). I'm waiting on a new KMC chain and will be cleaning up wiring. .

IMG_3907.jpg

Possibly in the works is a new seat setup. I'm kinda thinking of going a little lowrider style and trying a polo or banana style seat like the one below. Maybe a little lower though.

fa11d0c795db864a628a9a4033c58167-2.JPG

I dunno, I think it could look pretty cool.

IMG_4378.jpg

Since last post, the Dyno has received a 13 aH 48V battery from California Ebike and is still an everyday rider. The Schwalbe Fat Franks are getting thin and I'm thinking of going to Big Ben's in 2.15" next.

To me, that is a beautiful ebike. The motor kit does not interfere with the classic lines of the Dyno.

Back