Sabvoton controller set up

Hi there I hope you can help I am building a ebike and am struggling with the set up I have a sabvoton controller 100a and a qs205 50h 5kw motor it’s all fitted together but I’m not sure on the programming on the controller I cannot get it to go over 40 mph!! Please help me I will attach some pictures of the current settings and hopefully someone can help with what I’m doing wrong

I am using the tft colour display and this should show the kw usage on the right hand side of the screen which isn’t being displayed there is just nothing there and a full red power ring which from my understanding should be bright blue like the rest of the numbers/display etc

IMG_7932.jpgIMG_7933.jpgIMG_7929.jpgIMG_7928.jpgIMG_7927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
For starters change the number of poles to 16 and redo the hall test.

Jonno

I have the same motor set up with a Sabvoton SVMC 72150. I haven't had good luck with the bluetooth app. It just doesn't have the same options and customizability as the computer program. I have had to actually use a couple versions of the program to get things working the way I want to. Plus I have the program that allows to unlock the max current. I'm at work but I can send you a google drive link later when I'm at home

Hi mate yes that would be great I’ve managed to get some more speed from it now after the 1st guy said about lowering the pairs but any extra info/details would be great!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-5fph-dcFoTE09kwI8wKYbXgV-61VyvB?usp=sharing

NOTE These setting shown are not my settings. These are the setting shown by default for the purpose of making this post. With the exception of setting current unlock. That setting is how I have it!

This is the link to the current unlock and the new updated software.

You will need to have the MQCON software installed in order to run the current unlock. If you already have it installed you shouldn't have to do steps 1 and 2. Just download the MQCON-current unlock.exe, run it, connect to your controller, click on Set! and then under the FUNC tab there's a toggle for current unlock. Set it to enable and click okay.

1) Download the folders. Google drive will say it detects a virus in a couple files and will not zip them. you'll need to locate it and download it individually and put them in its original location. The most import one is ni-usi1.cab and is required to install the MQCON software and is located in: \Sabvoton Controller Manual _ Software V1.1\Software\Volume\bin\p7
5DTNILz.png

2) After downloading the ni-usi1.cab file and placing it in the P7 folder, run the setup.exe located in: \Sabvoton Controller Manual _ Software V1.1\Software\Volume. Finish the install and restart your computer.

3) After doing so you'll be able to run the current unlock software. Run it and connect to your controller. Click on Set! and then under the FUNC tab there's a toggle for current unlock. Set it to enable and click okay
BmWQQh8.png

The updated software is what allowed me to use a second throttle as variable regen. It's located in Sabvoton Controller Manual & Software v1.1 > Software folder and is the MQCON V2.1 20180122 updated, temp sensor optional.exe. You will need to have the MQCON software installed in order to run it. Do so by following the previous steps for installing. (There is a 32 bit USB driver that google flags as a virus and doesn't download. Don't know how critical it is). In this newer software there's additional options that allowed me to set up my second throttle for variable regen. Your controller has to have this additional input though for it to work.
adiS3SW.png

There are some tricks to get it all set up and communicating properly that escape me as I set this up a while ago.

I'm also struggling with controller setup. I have 150a version what is unloced to 200a. I'm using it on 70v. I placed throttle and pas to CA. Made hall ange test and test was ok. BUT after restart to battery and turning throttle on the motor start very fast and for a sec. Then controller shows error8 what is overcorrent error. I tried to lower corrent values but every time the same problem. Dno what to do try next.

What are your settings like? There are settings for rated, max, and protected phase current in the MQCON software.

For obvious reasons the protected phase current should be higher than the rated and max phase currents.

W9hzwKD.png

My bad I had protected ph current higher than the others but nothing. What settings you mean? I made little video about it. https://youtu.be/7QlP9YxNVhs
But now after trying different parameters the engine doesnt even roughly start. I try to do hall angle test again but then this happens: https://youtu.be/1pJT9VkKhHQ

I was told that sabvotod cant handle that much rpm as my motor gives (up to 14000rpm) and that was the problem. Solution is new controller or motor that suits high rpm.

Kalts123 said:
I was told that sabvotod cant handle that much rpm as my motor gives (up to 14000rpm) and that was the problem. Solution is new controller or motor that suits high rpm.

I do not know how high of RPM the Sabvoton can go so unfortunately I can't help there. I noticed you have the DC current limit set to 5A. Maybe try increasing that a bit? I'm thinking it might not be getting enough current to be able to move the motor smoothly.

did this and got to the "current unlock" switch and clicked okay. but it wouldnt let me change the max battery current... help? will pay$$$ if you can help me figure it out

You can't use the current unlock software to change anything other than that one switch for current unlock. So once you click okay you go back to the regular controller software and you should be able to make the change.

Are you using the regular software to try and make the change after?

If you are and it's not letting you change it, try connecting with the current unlock software to make sure that the switch still shows on.

I don't remember if the controller needs to reboot for the setting to stick after you turn it on and press okay so you could try that as well.

thanks gave that a shot but when i change screens and it goes back to 100a (the stock limit) :/

josephm15234 said:
You will need to have the MQCON software installed in order to run the current unlock. If you already have it installed you shouldn't have to do steps 1 and 2. Just download the MQCON-current unlock.exe, run it, connect to your controller, click on Set! and then under the FUNC tab there's a toggle for current unlock. Set it to enable and click okay.

1) Download the folders. Google drive will say it detects a virus in a couple files and will not zip them. you'll need to locate it and download it individually and put them in its original location. The most import one is ni-usi1.cab and is required to install the MQCON software and is located in: \Sabvoton Controller Manual _ Software V1.1\Software\Volume\bin\p7
5DTNILz.png

2) After downloading the ni-usi1.cab file and placing it in the P7 folder, run the setup.exe located in: \Sabvoton Controller Manual _ Software V1.1\Software\Volume. Finish the install and restart your computer.

Hello, I am trouble shooting my controller and wanted use the PC program instead of the app.

I cannot find the ni-USI1.cab file in your google drive. is this something I have to access somewhere else?

Thanks for any help

larkmachineco said:
Hello, I am trouble shooting my controller and wanted use the PC program instead of the app.

I cannot find the ni-USI1.cab file in your google drive. is this something I have to access somewhere else?

Thanks for any help

I had a look and saw that the file had a flag beside it for some reason in Google Drive. I have removed and re-uploaded the file. Have a look and see if you can find it now. When I go to the share link and navigate down to the p7 folder it appears there for me even when not signed in to Google drive

Hello everyone. I have a SVMC48060, and want to switch from 48v battery to 60v (max 70v for this conroller). But the problem is that controller does not support regen above 55v. Is it possible to increase regen voltage, some sort of unlock for this feature?

Hi there

I have a 72150 controller, at which the DC current and Boost current can not exceed 90A.

I had already installed the MQCon software, and now started the unlock.exe.
Went to func and slided to "Unlock", OK and afterwards "Store" at debug.

Than In started MQCon software once again, but still the current is limited to 90A.

Can you give me some hint how to continue?

Thx
Arno

Back