Review new build for off road machine ( fourth one) is OK ?

tjgaryiv60

10 mW
I build off road machines for hunting, trail riding, and cross country exploring. These are not intended for beginner ebikers looking to ride on their city or county parks bike paths.
I am upgrading the below bike listed specs to overcome some challenges the current machine has difficulty with.
1. My last machine I am still using. I went hunting in Dupuis WMA Martin County Florida. Saw no hogs 1 turkey.
It has these specs and I will include a pic. It is built on a 26" Diamondback Wildwood frame with upgraded V- brakes, heavy duty rear rack
waterproof lockable battery- controller box.
QUESTION ONE I need to upgrade replace headset and front suspension shock. Stock one worked
great for about 1 1/2 years until water mud sand logs hog ruts etc finally did it in. There are no good V-brake forks out there. I found a
RST Capa 1 1/8 in diameter 100 mm travel spring fork that takes V Brakes. It is cheap. It has 200 mm steerer with 50 mm thread . It shoud
drop right in. i do not want to convert to disc on this bike the next fat tire bike will be disc.
I want a better fork but I do not want to convert. It breaks great now with kool Stop pads and adjusted right. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON
FORK without going to disc ?
2. Here is my current challenge with terrain. It has problems in very deep sugar sand. I an running Maxxis 2.5 " 26" tires that will run thru
mud, swamp, water up to 2 feet, and any grade hill. Road top speed is 48 MPH and still climbing. Trail top speed 38 MPH and climbing.
I got to back off . Torque. It will spin out or lift the bike at start off. MOTOR running is a 3000w continuous 5000w peak rear direct drive
hub motor (waterproof) 45 H magnet, 48-96v current, built as a 4T ( turn), and can top out at 120 kph if one dares. The BATTERY is
lithium ion
72v 20ah 40a continuous with 120a max instant output. It has panasonic 3.7v 5000mah 26650 cells ( not 18650 cells ) in a block design.
The CONTROLLER I am not happy with. I think the problem lies here. It is a 72v 40a double row design ( mosfets ? ) from Luna lunatic
Cycle.
If running thru Sugar Sand for long periods continuously over 1 mile it gets hot and shuts down. Battery is not hot and motor never
gets hot. I have to push thru sand till it cools and start up again. About 20 minutes. HERE IS MY SOLUTION. I WANT YOUR OPINION PLEASE

My new machine will run 4.0 26" fat tires. That should help thru deep sugar sand. it will have a quality air / gas suspension fork adjustable
with lockout.The 3000w 4T motor will remain the same. The 72v 20ah 40a continuous 120a max battery will remain the same. THE
CONTROLLER WILL BE MORE POWERFUL FROM A DIFFERENT VENDOR THAN LUNATIC CYCLE. THE SPEC ON CONTROLLER WILL BE 24 MOSFET
48-84V CURRENT AMD 65A MAX OUTPUT. THIS SHOULD GIVE ME MORE TORQUE TO PLOW THRU THE SUGAR SAND AND NOT OVERHEAT
AS EASILY AS THE ONE ON THE DIAMONDBACK ONLY 40A. THE FAT TIRES 4.0 26 " VERSES THE MAXXIS 2.5 " TIRES and THE MORE POWERFUL 65A CONTROLLER SHOULD FIX MY CURRENT SUGAR SAND CHALLENGES. WHAT DO YOU THINK ? i HOPE YOU GOT ENOUGH INFO ?

THANK YOU

JACK GARY

Back