Controller plugs doubt

careca

10 mW
Hi, i have a controller that i got working, but im curious about the plugs "3-speed" and PAS.
What do they do, and how do i connect them? Also a doubt as to how i should connect the brake plugs, the Low brake is supposedly the regen and the H brake the e-ABS, is this assumption correct?

Attachments

• HTB1LljrXjzuK1RjSsppq6xz0XXal.jpg
    HTB1LljrXjzuK1RjSsppq6xz0XXal.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,478
The 3 speed plug goes to a switch on the handlebars. With no switch, it defaults to speed 2. If you want to just leave it on speed 3 all the time, you can just connect two of the wires.

PAS goes to a PAS sensor that mounts on the bottom bracket to detect pedaling. Bike should work without this in throttle only mode. If you want PAS, you should try to find a PAS sensor made for this model of controller.

High brake and Low brake do the same thing but low brake is a 5v line that gets grounded to activate. High brake takes a battery voltage signal to activate and is used when you have a brake light triggered by the levers. Most people just use the low brake straight to the brake levers and no brake light.

great stuff, these forums are amazing, thanks again to this whole fantastic community

"If you want to just leave it on speed 3 all the time, you can just connect two of the wires."
If i understood correctly, one of the wires is a ground, the other two is either the 50% or the 110% or whatever.
I do find it weird how it can give more than 100%, since there's no more volts to put out, does the 110 correspond to more top speed?

The 100% is the safe continuous output.

Higher than that is for transient needs, not recommended in normal use or for long periods.

Sure, but would the higher value give more top speed or is it only a question of more amps?

lot of variables involved there

easy enough to experiment with on your unique setup

or maybe modelled in the simulator

careca said:
Sure, but would the higher value give more top speed or is it only a question of more amps?

Depends on the programming. Most have a speed limiter on the lower speeds in addition to a lower current limit.

Just try it out on each setting.

Hey there, im back, got an issue regarding Low brake, i was under the impression that using it would not only cut off the throttle, but also apply a moderate braking. It does cut off the throttle, but i feel nothing slowing me down, apart from the lack of throttle. This L-Brake has only 2 wires that are shunted, there's not much to go wrong there.

Interestingly, or not, found another picture in the seller item page, and this time i noticed the "regen braking" plug. I'll try attaching and see if it does work. HTB1MKnXcRaE3KVjSZLeq6xsSFXah2.jpg

I would suggest anyone who gets a new controller, take a picture of the wires spread out, and label them, save the file.
The Greentime controllers have good labels on them, but the generic ebay hksunwin cont's dont.

It's with great pleasure that i inform i managed to install and test the brake regen, all left to test is with full battery, from what i read, it's not supposed to work over a certain voltage in the battery.

Back