QSmotor/SiAecosys/Taizhou CT-22 Programming. 1 of 8

MJSfoto1956

10 kW
Not sure where to put this, but I'm going to herein attempt to document the steps needed to program a QSmotor SiAecosys Taizhou CT-22 digital speedometer, which can, and is, used for eBikes, eMotorcycles, and eScooters.

The SiAecosys CT-22 is an ostensibly "high end" speedometer in that it is both of high quality, water resistant, and can be programmed -- while offering lots of functionality. It should not be considered "plug and play" in that it will almost certainly require many small and varied changes and extensions to your current wiring. Further, the so-called "documentation" provided by QS/SiAecosys -- while superior to anything I've seen from any other speedometer vendor on AliExpress -- still leaves much to be desired. In particular, the programming interface appears to be written by a mashup of Albert Einstein and Alfred E. Neuman.

In this post, I will provide a melange of instructions: the as-supplied-by-the-vendor's Chinglish, the original Alfred E. Newman Chinese, and a Google translation. I do this in order to attempt to iteratively (with your help) make sense of this well-made but otherwise difficult-to-understand contraption.

IMG_9282.jpg

P.S. the original "documentation" provided by SiAecosys can be found here for your reading pleasure: http://www.siaecosys.com/upfile/201908/2019082255434357.pdf

Table of Contents:
  • Clock adjust
  • Metric System Switching
  • Reset the Trip Odometer
  • Reset the total Odometer back to zero
  • Adjusting the speedometer parameters
  • 6610 : Parameter Setting Interface
  • B:8810
  • B:6810

P.P.S. apparently a proprietary version of this speedometer once graced the 2014 and later Zoro motorcycles:

2014_zero-s_detail_dash_1280.jpg

Clock adjust

My Version
With the power off, press and hold the [ADJ] button down while turning the ignition key on. The display will turn on and the" minutes" will start to flash, which indicates that they are ready to be modified. Release the [ADJ] button then either use short presses of the [ADJ] button to increment the minutes by one, or press and hold the [ADJ] button which will cause the minutes to increment continuously until you release the button. To select the hours, click the [SEL] button once -- this will cause the hours to flash, indicating that they are ready to be modified. Once again you can either use short presses of the [ADJ] button or press and hold the [ADJ] button to make changes to the hours. When done, click the [SEL] button once more and the clock will be all set and the dash will return to normal operation. To make additional changes to the clock, turn the power off and start all over again.

Original Chinglish:
Under the normal display status, long press the button “ADJ" and power on , the figure of “minute” will flash, short press the button “ADJ” , the“minute”will increse“1”; long press the button“ADJ”, the“minute” will increase continuously till you loosen it. After “minute” adjusted, short press the button “SET”, the “hour” figure will flash; Then short press the button “ADJ”, the “hour” figure will add one; long press the button “ADJ”, the “hour” will increase continuously till you loosen it. After adjusted “hour” and “minute”, save the parameters and exit.

Original Chinese:
在正常显示状态下,按设置 ADJ上电,时间分数字闪烁,秒点常显,此时短 按 ADJ 按钮一次加 1,长按 ADJ,分位连续往上加,直到放开 ADJ,调好分位后 ,短按 SET,此时切换到小时位闪,秒点常显,短按 ADJ 加 1,长按 ADJ,小时位 位连续往上加,直到放开 ADJ。小时位设置状态短按 SET,保存并推出时钟 设置, 长按切换到分位闪。

Google Translate:
In the normal display state, press to set the [ADJ] to power on, the time is divided into numbers and the second point is always displayed. At this time, press the [ADJ] button once to add 1 and press the [ADJ] long. The digits are continuously added upwards until the [ADJ] is released. After the grading, press [SEL] shortly, then switch to the hour digit flash, the second point is always displayed, short press [ADJ] plus 1, long press [ADJ], the hour position is continuously added until the [ADJ] is released. Short press the [SEL] time to save the status and save the clock setting. Long press to switch to the position flash.

Metric/Imperial Switching

My Version
With the display on, simply press and hold the [SEL] button for 10 seconds. This will toggle things from metric to imperial measurement (and vice versa).

Original Chinglish:
Under the normal display status, long press the button “ SET” for 10 seconds, the “km/h” will change to “MPH”. Then loosen it and long press the button “ SET” for 10 seconds, the “MPH” will change to “km/h”.

Original Chinese:
在正常显示状态下,长按设置 SET 按钮 10 秒,公制 kmh 转换为英制 mph, 放开再长按设置 SET 按钮 10 秒,英制转换成公制。

Google Translate:
In the normal display state, long press the [SEL] button for 10 seconds, metric (km/h) is converted to Imperial (mph). Likewise, release and then press the [SEL] button for 10 seconds, the Imperial system will be converted back to metric (km/h).

Reset the Trip Odometer

My Version
With the display on, simply press and hold the[ADJ] button for 3 seconds. This will this will clear the trip odometer.

Updated Chinglish:
In the normal display state, press & hold the [ADJ] button for 3 seconds, the trip odometer will be reset.

Original Chinese:
在正常显示状态下,长按 ADJ 按钮 3 秒,可以清零小计。

Google Translate:
In the normal display state, press and hold the [ADJ] button for 3 seconds to clear the subtotal.

This is how Zero Motorcycles describes changing their very similar 2015 model year Trip Odometer:
Trip Odometer - Displays individual trip mileage and is reset by pressing and holding the [ADJ] button for 2 seconds.

Reset the total Odometer back to zero

Updated Chinglish:
Hold down [SEL] for power on, enter the code interface, the display shows P-0000 lower bit 1Hz flash; under the code interface, short press flash place means add one number from 0-9 for recycle; long press flash place means shift left for one digital; After four numbers are added, if you entered code 8810, the total trip will reset to zero. If you entered code 6810, then you will enter the setting interface (see below); If you entered any other numbers, it will jump back to code interface, P-0000.

Original Chinese:
按住 SEL 键上电,进入密码操作界面,液晶显示 P-0000 低位 1Hz 闪烁;
密码操作界面下,短按闪烁位加 1,0-9 反复循环;长按闪烁位左移一位,四位全 部设置好后,如符合累计清零界面(8810),直接累计清零,若符合累计设置界面 (6810),则进入累计设置界面;若均不符合,则直接跳转回到密码操作界面,显

示 P-0000;
累计清零设置 密码: 8810 显示内容
P-0000
定义
密码操作界面
累计自动清零
相关说明
P-8810 进入累计设置 界面
显示 1 秒后退出,仪表 正常运行

Google Translate:
Press and hold the [SEL] button to power on, enter the code operation interface, the LCD display P-0000 low 1Hz flashes; Under the code operation interface, short press the flashing digit to add 1,0-9 to repeat the loop; long press the flashing digit to shift one bit to the left, after all four digits are set, if the cumulative clear interface (8810) is met, the direct accumulation is cleared. If it meets the cumulative setting interface (6810), it will enter the cumulative setting interface; if it does not match, it will jump directly back to the code operation interface.

Show P-0000;
Cumulative clear setting Code: 8810 Display content
P-0000
definition
Code operation interface
Cumulative automatic clearing
Related instructions
P-8810 Enter the cumulative settings interface
Exit after 1 second, the meter is running normally

MY TABULATION:

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 8.38.18 PM.png

Adjusting the Speedometer Parameters

My Version
With the power off, press and hold the [SEL] button, then turn the ignition key on. The display will show "P-0000" which is where you enter one of three codes to make changes to the unit. To change the speedometer values, the code you want to enter is 6610.

To do so, you modify each digit one at a time starting from the right. A single click of the [SEL] button will increment the current flashing value (e.g. 0 becomes 1, 1 becomes 2, and so on). Keep clicking until the value you want is showing. Then press and hold the [SEL] button for three seconds to jump to the next digit to be modified and so on. When you have finally entered the value of 6610, then press and hold the [SEL] button and you will be taken to the Parameter Setting Interface.

NOTE: only the first two parameters (0-xxxx & 1-yyyy) affect the speedometer. And both these values are by default set initially to 0420. The relationship between these two numbers appears to be merely a proportion of 1.) the wheel rotation in Hz @ the speed indicated by 1-yyyy and 2.) the speed in km/hr at with #1 is calculated. By trial and error I ended up using the following values: 0170Hz @ 0072kph = 236%. Turns out that after-the-fact the vendor suggested using 0157Hz @ 0060kph for my particular bike -- which is very close to what I came up with via trial-and-error. YMMV.

Original Chinglish:
All the following related to the display interface are speedometer part, does not involve the other segments of the LCD; the following key refers to the SEL key, the host computer is set to use the MPH, which through the text file description is to modify the KPH, If you enter the back and do not modify the speed or mileage 60km / h corresponding frequency, then it will keep the last set value, if you modify the speed or mileage 60km / h any value, it will be switched to the corresponding metric parameters.

• press and hold the key to power on, enter the password operation interface, LCD display P-0000 low 1Hz flash;
  • Following are the password operation interface, short press flashing plus 1,0-9 repeated cycles; long press the flashing bit then left one. After four all set, if it’s corresponded with the parameter setting password (6610), it will directly enter into the vehicle speed ratio Set the interface. If it accords with Cumulative Clear Interface (8810), it will be cleared directly. If it accords with Cumulative Setting Interface (6810), it will enter Cumulative Setting Interface; if the password of the three are not in agreement, it will jump back to the password operation interface , Display P-0000;

Original Chinese:
所有下述涉及到的显示操作界面均为液晶累计显示部分,不涉及液晶其他段; 下文按键指的是 SEL 键,在上位机设置时使用的是英制,通过文本档说明修改的是 公制参数,若进入后门不修改车速或里程 60km/h 对应频率,则保持上一次设置值, 若修改车速或里程 60km/h 任意一个值,将都切换成对应公制参数。

1、按住下键上电,进入密码操作界面,液晶显示 P-0000 低位 1Hz 闪烁;

2、密码操作界面下,短按闪烁位加 1,0-9 反复循环;长按闪烁位左移一位,四 位全部设置好后,如符合参数设置密码(6610),直接进入车速速比设置界面;如 符合累计清零界面(8810),直接累计清零,若符合累计设置界面(6810),则进 入累计设置界面;若三者密码均不符合,则直接跳转回到密码操作界面,显示 P-0000;

Google Translate:
All the display operation interfaces mentioned below are LCD integrated display parts, which do not involve other sections of the LCD; the following buttons refer to the [SEL] key, which is used in the upper machine setting, and the metric parameters are modified by the text file. If the entering the back door does not modify the speed of the vehicle or the corresponding frequency of 60km/h, the previous setting value will be maintained. If the vehicle speed or the mileage of 60km/h is modified, it will be switched to the corresponding metric parameters.

• Press and hold the down button to power on, enter the code operation interface, and the LCD display P-0000 low 1Hz flashes;
  • Under the code operation interface, short press the flashing digit to add 1, 0-9 to repeat the loop; long press the flashing digit to shift one bit to the left, after all four digits are set, if the parameter setting code (6610) is met, the vehicle speed ratio is directly entered. Set interface; if it meets the cumulative clear interface (8810), it will be directly cleared and cleared. If it meets the cumulative setting interface (6810), it will enter the cumulative setting interface; if the three codes are not met, it will jump directly back to the top-level code operation interface, display P-0000.

Some additional, apparently important, but ambiguous documentation I discovered that appears to apply to the text in this section as well as the following section:

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 12.02.41 PM.1600.jpg

6610: Parameter Setting Interface

Original Chinglish:
Enter the parameter setting interface, the static display 0-0420, in this state short press it then will jump to the next parameter 1-0420, long press to enter the numerical change, low 1Hz blink, short blinking plus 1, 0-9 cycle; long Press the blinking bit to move to the left, the most significant bit is set to modify, then press "0" to set the state, the static display 0-0420, short press to switch to 1-0420 and so on;

If the voltage change exceeds the value set by the rate of change of power, the pointer will be updated to the new value after the time is greater than the maximum time, otherwise the current position will remain unchanged; if the voltage change is smaller than the value set by the rate of change of power, The pointer is updated directly to the new value.

J-0030 interface and then press the button to exit the entire setting operation; instrument automatically run according to the new parameters. If only modify the speed ratio, the speed ratio is modified, jump to the 1-0420 interface, the instrument directly power off and then restart, the use of new parameters to run

Original Chinese:
进入参数设置界面时,静态显示 0-0420,此状态下短按跳到下一个参数 1-0420, 长按则进入数值修改,低位 1Hz 闪烁,短按闪烁位加 1,0-9 循环;长按闪烁位左 移一位,最高位设置修改完毕后长按,跳出“0”设置状态,静态显示 0-0420,短 按切换到 1-0420 以此类推; 若在电量判断时间内,若电压变化超过电量变化率所设值,则在时间大于最大时间 后指针更新到新值,否则保持当前位置不变;若电压变化小于电量变化率所设值, 则指针直接更新到新值。

Google Translate:
When entering the parameter setting interface, static display 0-0420, short press to jump to the next parameter 1-0420 in this state, long press to enter the value modification, low 1Hz flashing, short press flashing bit plus 1, 0-9 cycle; long Press the flashing bit to shift one bit to the left. After the maximum bit setting is modified, press and hold it to jump out the “0” setting state, static display 0-0420, short press to switch to 1-0420 and so on;

if in the power judgment time, if voltage If the change exceeds the value set by the power change rate, the pointer is updated to the new value after the time is greater than the maximum time, otherwise the current position remains unchanged; if the voltage change is less than the value set by the power change rate, the pointer is directly updated to the new value.

Short press under J-0030 interface to exit the whole setting operation; the meter will automatically run according to the new parameters. If only the vehicle speed ratio is modified, the vehicle speed ratio is modified. When the jump to the 1-0420 interface, the meter is powered off and then restarted, and the new parameters are used to run.

MY TABULATION:

CT-22 updated programming.pages7.1280.jpg

In spite of the verbosity of the above documentation, it is still not clear to me how or where to adjust this speedometer to account for the circumference of my bike's tire. I suppose it has something to do with "Hz", but again, it is not at all clear. I've read it over and over again and I just keep shaking my head. Engineers. SHM.

While I'm at it, I might as well add the other part of the vendor-supplied CT-22 speedometer documentation, the diagram, which I cleaned up significantly and split into two parts for easier reading. Original can be found here: http://www.siaecosys.com/upfile/201908/2019082255496781.pdf

CT-22 speedometer diagram.A.1200.jpg

CT-22 speedometer diagram.B.1280.jpg

P.S. in spite of the official public documentation from QSmotor/SiAecosys, my speedometer arrived with a Blue/Red wire for pin #6 instead of the documented brown. Go figure. Guess they ran out of brown wire that day.

The following page was taken from the 2015 Zero User Manual. It gives you an idea of what the wording *should* be like to describe how to program the Trip Odometer. Note: the Zero speedometers, while they share the same physical properties of the CT-22, are primarily programmed via CANbus rather than buttons on the front of the unit.

2015 Zero speedometer instructions page 3.12.1280.jpg

For those interested in what the insides of this speedometer look like, I just opened her up and took some pix. Overall, the unit seems fairly water resistant as far as I can tell. The first shot shows the two button/switches (ADJ & SEL) that are actuated from the front of the unit.

IMG_9269.jpg

IMG_9266.jpg

IMG_9265.jpg

A bit more than double the price is nothing to pay to have a useful piece of equipment that can tell you a true battery status because it's measured how much energy has been taken out of your battery. This is only possible with a unit that measures and records both voltage and current info. Forget that junk that's no more useful than a $2 voltmeter + an $8 speedometer. If you want to be cheap, go cheap. If you want something useful with tons more useful features for ebiking, a full 3yr warranty, and lifetime support, as well as a proper and extensive users manual, along with free and easy firmware upgrades, spend the extra bucks and get a Cycle Analyst.

John in CR said:
A bit more than double the price is nothing to pay to have a useful piece of equipment that can tell you a true battery status because it's measured how much energy has been taken out of your battery. This is only possible with a unit that measures and records both voltage and current info. Forget that junk that's no more useful than a $2 voltmeter + an $8 speedometer. If you want to be cheap, go cheap. If you want something useful with tons more useful features for ebiking, a full 3yr warranty, and lifetime support, as well as a proper and extensive users manual, along with free and easy firmware upgrades, spend the extra bucks and get a Cycle Analyst.

I think you forget that for a licensed eMotorcycle, we are required to have odometer, speedometer, turn signals, high beam, etc. Yes, the battery monitoring stuff is also important. But I have to get the basics done first as stated at the beginning of this post -- and I already tried a "cheap" replacement speedometer and it was a total waste of money and time (my experience going cheap is documented elsewhere). I currently have pretty "decent" battery monitoring solution via the bluetooth Xiaoxiang BMS app + hardwired Coulomb meter wired into some custom "CA" circuitry I added to my power distribution junction box (also documented elsewhere). Whether I add an additional CA or PV BT module or something else to the mix will be determined in phase 2.

As such, I'd like to keep this thread focused only on this particular speedometer, not the merits of other solutions (especially those which have nothing to do with speedometers). And the hope is that other forum members would chime in to assist in that effort -- not to derail the thread to go in other directions which are already well-covered elsewhere here on ES.

MJSfoto1956 said:
John in CR said:

I think you forget that for a licensed eMotorcycle, we are required to have odometer, speedometer, turn signals, high beam, etc. Yes, the battery monitoring stuff is also important. But I have to get the basics done first as stated at the beginning of this post -- and I already tried a "cheap" replacement speedometer and it was a total waste of money and time (my experience going cheap is documented elsewhere). I currently have pretty "decent" battery monitoring solution via the bluetooth Xiaoxiang BMS app + hardwired Coulomb meter wired into some custom "CA" circuitry I added to my power distribution junction box (also documented elsewhere). Whether I add an additional CA or PV BT module or something else to the mix will be determined in phase 2.

As such, I'd like to keep this thread focused only on this particular speedometer, not the merits of other solutions (especially those which have nothing to do with speedometers). And the hope is that other forum members would chime in to assist in that effort -- not to derail the thread to go in other directions which are already well-covered elsewhere here on ES.

CA's have speedometer, odometer, etc. My bikes have full lighting including signals hi/low beams, etc, which have nothing to do with a speedometer or the CA, unless your law says you must have indicators for those lights on your "dashboard", a nearly useless requirement. Hopefully the Chinese will catch on regarding the usefulness of energy consumed and Watt-hours per unit of distance, and begin to include shunts and wiring to accompany those types of speedometers.

BTW, one of the reasons I chose the CT-22 is that it has a "notch" in the bottom of the bezel -- a perfect space for adding a CA later. See below:

CT-22 + CA.1280.jpg

P.S. IMHO, using a CA for a speedometer may suffice for an eBike but for an eMotorcycle I find the small busy screen next to useless for monitoring speed while riding. Combining a good readable speedometer + a CA seems to offer the best of both worlds. YMMV.

Well, the installation went smoothly but definitely not "Plug and Play". I'm very happy with the way it looks on my bike. It also is quite readable in bright sunlight which was a key thing for me. Programming the clock and selecting metric vs. imperial was easy. I have not yet attempted to program the speedometer though. Currently it is showing approximately 20% higher speed than it should -- but at least I'm getting a viable reading from the controller. Will report back once I figure out how to dial back the speedometer to match my GPS speed. The so-called "documentation" isn't helping...

IMG_9284.jpg

With a lot of trial and error, I got the speedometer to match my GPS. Yay! But I still don't know how the programming part works, I think I just got lucky.

In layman's terms there are two parameters that you modify to adjust the speedometer. I'll call them 0-xxxx (wheel rotation frequency in Hz) and 1-yyyy (speed in km/hr), where xxxx/yyyy = some numeric value. By default the values for both parameters are set to 0420 each (although logically, the 1-yyyy parameter should default to 0100kph. Go figure.). Unfortunately, the default on my bike was showing a speed that was all over the place. The documentation was no help (read it for yourself above). After much back-and-forth fiddling the following parameter values gave me an accurate speedometer: 0170Hz @ 0072kph.

Much better would have simply required the input of the circumference of your tire in millimeters. But I guess that is too much to ask. Engineers. SMH.

Hah! After complaining to the vendor that I still don't understand their documentation he asks for the circumference of my current tire! (given to him earlier in the purchasing process)

Here's the (humorous?) back-and-forth thread on AliExpress:

MJSfoto1956 said:
I could use a better explanation as to how to set the values for 0-0420 and 1-0420 for calibrating the speedometer to match the wheel diameter of my motorcycle. Currently, my wheel diameter is 1695mm (150/70-13). What values do I enter for 0-0420 and 1-0420?
Read
01/10 11:45

MJSfoto1956 said:
Thanks for the fast shipping. I will attempt to install the speedometer this weekend.
Read
Steven Shi is here to help you.

QSmotor said:
Hi! Welcome to QS Motor ! Please leave the questions, we will reply to you soon , Oct 1st-7st is National holiday , so please send email to Vincent@tzquanshun.com for more help, thank you!
05/10 15:16

MJSfoto1956 said:
Installation went very smoothly. Programming the clock and choosing between metric vs. imperial was easy. Still having trouble understanding how to program the speedometer to match my tire circumference. Currently, the speedometer is showing approximately 20% too high speed.
Read
Steven Shi is here to help you.

QSmotor said:
Hi! Welcome to QS Motor ! Please leave the questions, we will reply to you soon , Oct 1st-7st is National holiday , so please send email to Vincent@tzquanshun.com for more help, thank you!
07/10 21:16

QSmotor said:
All the following related to the display interface are speedometer part, does not involve the other segments of the LCD; the following key refers to the SEL key, the host computer is set to use the MPH, which through the text file description is to modify the KPH, If you enter the back and do not modify the speed or mileage 60km / h corresponding frequency, then it will keep the last set value, if you modify the speed or mileage 60km / h any value, it will be switched to the corresponding metric parameters.
press and hold the key to power on, enter the password operation interface, LCD display P-0000 low 1Hz flash;
Following are the password operation interface, short press flashing plus 1,0-9 repeated cycles; long press the flashing bit then left one. After four all set, if it’s corresponded with the parameter setting password (6610), it will directly enter into the vehicle speed ratio Set the interface. If it accords with Cumulative Clear Interface (8810), it will be cleared directly. If it accords with Cumulative Setting Interface (6810), it will enter Cumulative Setting Interface; if the password of the three are not in agreement, it will jump back to the password operation interface , Display P-0000;

09/10 21:42

MJSfoto1956 said:
Yes, I read that documentation (several times) but I still don't understand it. What do the values actually mean? And what is the mathematical relationship between the two number values?
Read

QSmotor said:
Hi! Welcome to QS Motor ! Please leave the questions, we will reply to you soon,if we did not reply as soon as possible,please send email to Vincent@tzquanshun.com for more help, thank you!
04:25

QSmotor said:
what is the diameter of your wheel and how many pole of your motor ?
15:15

MJSfoto1956 said:
Motor = QSmotor V4 13inch 8000W 50h. 16 poles. Circumference = 1695mm.

Well, I finally got a cryptic response from the vendor:

QSmotor said:
157Hz -60km/h

In spite of his pithy belated message shown in its entirely above, I'm convinced that he is in error: in my case I believe the second number should represent mph not km/h! Explanation below.

Let's take his two suggested values of 0157Hz @ 0060mph = 2.6167 Hz/miles/hour. If we then divide this number by 1.609 km/mi and multiply by 100 we get 162.63cm which is tantalizingly close to the circumference of my tire: 169.5cm. I believe this is the key to understanding how these two numbers are related: they must be related by formula to the circumference of your tire, otherwise it would be meaningless. Consequently, working backwards from my actual circumference: 169.5cm * 1.609km/mi = 272.72, and 272.72 * 60 ÷ 100 = 163.64Hz. Or in other words, I believe he should have offered the following values for my use case: 0164Hz @ 0060mph.

The above suggests that the description for the two speedometer-related parameters should be something more like the following:

• 0-xxxx = wheel rotation frequency at 1-yyyy
  • 1-yyyy = speed at which the rotation frequency is calculated (typically 60mph)
    (in km/hr or mph depending on how you set things up elsewhere)
  • And the two values above are related by the following formula:
    Circumference in cm * (1.609 * 60mph) ÷ 100 = Value to enter for 0-xxxx (Hz)

Note: previously through mostly random trial-and-error guesswork I was using 0170 and 0072 for the above two parameters on my bike. This gave a value of 2.36 Hz/miles/hour which, while close, is a bit off -- something that doesn't surprise me. I'll make changes as calculated above and report back.

YMMV
Michael

MJSfoto1956 said:
Well, I finally got a cryptic response from the vendor:

QSmotor said:
157Hz -60km/h

In spite of his pithy belated message shown in its entirely above, I'm convinced that he is in error: in my case I believe the second number should represent mph not km/h! Explanation below.

Let's take his two suggested values of 0157Hz @ 0060mph = 2.6167 Hz/miles/hour. If we then divide this number by 1.609 km/mi and multiply by 100 we get 162.63cm which is tantalizingly close to the circumference of my tire: 169.5cm. I believe this is the key to understanding how these two numbers are related: they must be related by formula to the circumference of your tire, otherwise it would be meaningless. Consequently, working backwards from my actual circumference: 169.5cm * 1.609km/mi = 272.72, and 272.72 * 60 ÷ 100 = 163.64Hz. Or in other words, I believe he should have offered the following values for my use case: 0164Hz @ 0060mph.
YMMV
Michael

On the basis that your tire circumference is 1.695m and your hub motor has 16 pole pairs the answer QS gave you of 157Hz - 60km/h is correct.
60000m/3600s = 16.67 m/s. The circumference of your tire is 1.695m so your wheel is rotating at 16.67/1.695 = 9.83 rev/s. Your motor has 16 pole pairs so the frequency on any of the Hall sensors will be 16 x 9.83 = 157.28 Hz. Repeat the calculation using 96560m is you want to enter settings for 60mph.
The display looks quite nice, a decent upgrade on the typically low end used on most electric scooters I have seen.

kiwifiat said:
On the basis that your tire circumference is 1.695m and your hub motor has 16 pole pairs the answer QS gave you of 157Hz - 60km/h is correct.

60000m/3600s = 16.67 m/s. The circumference of your tire is 1.695m so your wheel is rotating at 16.67/1.695 = 9.83 rev/s. Your motor has 16 pole pairs so the frequency on any of the Hall sensors will be 16 x 9.83 = 157.28 Hz.

Repeat the calculation using 96560m if you want to enter settings for 60mph.

THANK YOU! :bigthumb:
That is what I was looking for.

M

Hello been trying to dial in the speedometer setting on my ct-22. I have a 11inch 60volt hub motor with circumference of 87.73cm. I think it's dual pole. I don't have much info on this hub motor. Trying to dial in the Hertz,I used this link because this is my motor :

US $199.99 | 10inch 11inch 60v3000w motor with tyre 45H 1600w 60H 3000W BRUSHLESS GEARLESS HUB MOTOR for electric scooter bicycle tricycle
US $199.99 | 10inch 11inch 60v3000w motor with tyre 45H 1600w 60H 3000W BRUSHLESS GEARLESS HUB MOTOR for electric scooter bicycle tricycle
https://a.aliexpress.com/_sgtdtZ

Please any help would be greatly appreciated,almost done my first custom build and I have been fighting this c22 for months..Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing from you:)

Also according to the sell he said this motor was rated 2400rpm. I don't know how accurate that is but that's all I have to go by,Thanks!

Back