Electric Lawn tractor conversions

Little Eddie

1 µW
DIY :- Convert your old gas lawn tractor to battery power
It’s easy to build and budget friendly. You will need an old 38” to 42”- 2 blade gas lawn tractor to convert to battery power (called a glider), basic electrical skills to be able to strip and connect wires, D-I-Y tools like screwdrivers, socket wrenches, tape measure, battery drill, mini grinder, hacksaw, etc. a small amount of welding required but could be done by a local welding shop. If you’re advanced at D-I-Y, you’ll still find it plenty engaging. a great project building a battery-powered electric riding tractor.
Choosing the right tractor to convert, you don't need any particular make of tractor just one with the features stated below, the one on the internet is a Craftsman 42" 2 blade cutter deck, I used to advertise in my local paper and on KIJIJI I or go to the local lawnmower repair shop they usually have plenty of them waiting to go to the scrapyard, you don,t need to pay any more than about $50-$100, you can repaint them with spray cans,
The cutter motors are sized for the blade length

The deck must be of the offset two blade type, one blade is mounted approx 4" ahead of the other blade with a "V" belt drive, the blade tips slightly overlap when viewed from the front but do not touch each other, this is to eliminate the small ridge of grass that would be left uncut if the blades were mounted side by side with a small gap so blades do not hit each other! you do not use the belts etc the electric motors direct drive the blades
I can tell you when your project is completed it is much easier,cheaper, quieter,cleaner, to use and maintain than gas tractors it was made from,
for more info on how to do this project search

some existing threads:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=Lawn+tractor*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

The OP logged back in only once the day after posting and hasn't been back since.

If you google search his website is the first result. The videos there are more interesting than the text.

Back