France bans illegal eMTB tuning with fines up to € 30,000

Exaggerated for private individuals.
They steal freedom.
Before, you rode a horse in complete freedom.
We're becoming slaves to bureaucrats.
25km/h at 1000W I wouldn't complain,
but at 250w it's too soft, a horse has over 700W,
It goes against nature.

What if you make your own that was never limited in the first place, is that less of a penalty?

Plenty of jurisdictions DIY is banned altogether.

I bet that becomes more common if the frequency of such casualties continues to increase.

zeccato said:
They steal freedom.
Oh, there were plenty of laws surrounding horses in cities back around the 1900's.

JackFlorey said:
zeccato said:
They steal freedom.
Oh, there were plenty of laws surrounding horses in cities back around the 1900's.
Sure, it's not like they were crazy in the city, I usually want to go over 25km/h out of town.

The earliest commonly cited speeding fine for a motor vehicle is from 1896 in Kent, England where the driver was doing 8mph in a 2mph limit. I'm sure I've seen an earlier one from Germany, though, where the driver's speed was simply stated as being so furious it caused the curtains of a nearby building to flutter. Perhaps the officer had been enjoying a refreshing stein in the local beer hall when said curtains were wafted into his face, much to his annoyance.

If there aren't penalties strong enough to act as a reliable deterrent then why bother creating the law?

miro13car said:
French government must be worried about half empty prisons.
prison sentence for mods on ebike?
seriously?

Scare tactics is all it is.
Its done everywhere.

Prison sentencing is a for profit business in the USA. In Canada, its milked in different ways.

France will soon ban anyone out of their house, and will put them in prison for a decade and fine them a million euros.
Scare Tactics

thanx to the neverendums the only thing i know about the french legal system is it's 'napoleanic' based.
which aiui places priority on protecting the state over the individual, the opposite of what we're used to.
this is how quebec get's away with banning english while the rest of us have to cater to bilingualism & other shit like french is a distinct society but indigenous people aren't & so on.

not seen, not taken. a frenchy who goes to work without oil.

john61ct said:
Plenty of jurisdictions DIY is banned altogether.

I bet that becomes more common if the frequency of such casualties continues to increase.

Is the frequency increasing? Where are the numbers on that?

john61ct said:
If there aren't penalties strong enough to act as a reliable deterrent then why bother creating the law?
Sure. Ask Singapore. That's the way they see it.

And this is from a nation that legally allows school age children, and disqualified drivers, to drive unlicenced cars on public roads ?
..Losing one's driving licence in the UK is a serious matter - expensive and, to say the least, very inconvenient.
But in France, no licence? No problem. You can simply go shopping for a VSP a voiture sans permis - a small two-seater car that anyone aged 14 or over can take out on the road with as little as four hours' experience behind the wheel, sometimes not even that.

Hillhater said:
And this is from a nation that legally allows school age children, and disqualified drivers, to drive unlicenced cars on public roads ?
..Losing one's driving licence in the UK is a serious matter - expensive and, to say the least, very inconvenient.
But in France, no licence? No problem. You can simply go shopping for a VSP a voiture sans permis - a small two-seater car that anyone aged 14 or over can take out on the road with as little as four hours' experience behind the wheel, sometimes not even that.

I am moving to France

after the outbreak is cured.

Back